Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

11 hours ago, Killax said:

My go to's are Bloodletters, Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker. I dont think any 2K list should go without them.

I also have a WoK BT with Immense Power and Crimson Crown fetish. Its good enough because of the above.

Throw in Slaughterpriests with killing Frenzy and you are golden ?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just picked up 27 Skullcrushers for $120.00.

They aren't in the best condition, some are semi-assembled and I am yet to quantify the bits to see what I am missing.

Some have had aborted attempts at painting, but hey; I now have 36 Skullcrushers

Brass Stampede here I come! :D

Hey guys. So the Khorne Manticore Lord has a pile in of 6". Is there any reason why I can't run him up to within 4-6" of an enemy unit, pile in and attack in the combat phase, then next turn retreat-run to within 4-6" of another enemy unit, and pile in and attack again?

8 minutes ago, Roark said:

Hey guys. So the Khorne Manticore Lord has a pile in of 6". Is there any reason why I can't run him up to within 4-6" of an enemy unit, pile in and attack in the combat phase, then next turn retreat-run to within 4-6" of another enemy unit, and pile in and attack again?

Because you can only choose to attack  with units which had charged the previous phase or if they are within 3" of the enemy. If those requisites are met, then you can choose them to attack and therefore pile in.

24 minutes ago, Roark said:

Thanks mate. A friend and I are in a pub trying to discern a decent use for that ability.... Sad now.

Means he can fly up and over a model to get into a better position ;)

Or if you use a "Pile in and attack" style ability in the hero phase.

4 hours ago, Roark said:

Thanks mate. A friend and I are in a pub trying to discern a decent use for that ability.... Sad now.

It's actually pretty handy in practice, mainly because of the big base.  Being able to shift it 6" allows for shenanigans with placement, engaging multiple units, etc.

FMB

Yeah it's okay, nothing extremely game changing but I feel the Manticore Lord remains a great excuse model to convert stuff with. Otherwise I just really like a Bloodthirster general as an alternative also but I know this doesn't really help if you want to go heavy on Mortals and/or Bloodbound. On the other hand, those armies get some good value from the Warshrine which is also a nice excuse to convert a center piece.

c8dda814f1c3288db235e9d4bdab3d33_origina

On a unrelated AoS note, the pre-orders for HATE are up and the models that come with it are awesome. It's all based on Adrian Smith's artwork and he used to do a ton for Warriors of Chaos (WFB) aswell. Because they are so skull, hook and musscle heavy they also make for a great Khorne model (proxy). Link to the kickstarter: 

+ Now I am not affiliated with this at all and honestly IF I where to get it it would purely be for the miniatures. 
- The game itself doesn't seem all to great in my opinion. I do think the vibe is there, the artwork is beautiful but the actual gameboard really doesn't speak to me and REALLY doesn't capture the feel the artwork of Adrian Smith comes with.

However you turn it, the models are gorgeous however and if you like to experiment with a different game from time to time in a campaign based setting you might like it more as I do! What I hope for is that somehow the models will eventually be sold seperately.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up because it really breathes KHORNE if you ask me ;) 

What do you think about the following list?

-Juggerlord (General, Gorecleaver - Unrivalled Battlelust)

-Bloodsectrator

-Bloodstoker

-Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (Argath the king of blades)

-6 Skullcrushers

-6 Skullcrushers

-3 Skullcrushers

-3 Skullcrushers

-5 Blood Warriors

-5 Blood Warriors

-Warshrine of Khorne (Bronzed Flesh)

-Brass Stampede

1 hour ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Was this FAQ'ed or something?  Warshrine can take a Khorne mark, therefore can be part of a Khorne army, and is a priest.  P85 in BoK indicates a priest in a Khorne army can take a blessing.

Yeah no worries, it has a Blood Blessinh! Missing it happens. Its easy to miss. Plus the same is true for some old skool Bloodsecrator with Bloodreavers, he is a Totem so Bloodreavers love him. But yeah 120 points is quite a lot to do this.

Fun things to test for me this year will also be a Bloodthirster with Mark of the Slayer.  This way we can test with a single Bloodletter bomb and more Mortal Khorne too.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, elhion said:

What do you think about the following list?

-Juggerlord (General, Gorecleaver - Unrivalled Battlelust)

-Bloodsectrator

-Bloodstoker

-Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (Argath the king of blades)

-6 Skullcrushers

-6 Skullcrushers

-3 Skullcrushers

-3 Skullcrushers

-5 Blood Warriors

-5 Blood Warriors

-Warshrine of Khorne (Bronzed Flesh)

-Brass Stampede

Neat! But I think you can go heavier on the Skullcrushers to optimize the Brass Stampede effect.

Even without Gore Pilgrims Slaughterpriests can be a solid choice here too. Though especially here its a pitty that Skullcrushers dont have the Daemon Keyword.

CanCon brings a lot of awesome Khorne lists for Chaos so I'm very eager to read about their results. Link to lists: http://www.heraldsofwar.com/documents/cancon-2018-lists-chaos.pdf

My thoughts:

- Jason's list is very strong and adopts the ever popular WoK BT with Gore Pilgrims, gotta love that.
- Nathan's list goes for a Blood Warrior bomb, interesting but I'm more eager to see what he is able to archieve with it. Otherwise strong list and good back up plan with Khorgos.
- Corey's Bloodthirster heavy list seems like a lot of fun.
- Chris' Khorne, magic and cannons list is certainly something different :D
- Ben's Bloodthirster and Bloodletter heavy list is compact but does contain a lot of potent pieces, I like the visualisation of that a lot!
- Matthew's list looks excellent too with a Soulgrinder!

All in all a lot of nice choices, no Murderhost but there are a few players that still play the quantity of Bloodletters for that so I'm excited by the Khorne prospects here. As always Gore Pilgrims is presented well. Logical also because it's a strong choice. With the Bloodthirster discounts and Council of Blood relative cost reduction (it didn't get increased by a 100 points) I'm interested to hear about Bloodthirster preformances.

From my perspective there are quite some potent Khorne lists here but I do like the orginal thakes on certain lists, especially those brave enough to go that heavy on Bloodthirsters. With this inspiration I'll post a new planned list later this day for 2018. It will certainly contain Bloodsecrator, Stoker, Priests, sufficient Bloodletters and a Bloodthirster. 

Edit: Idea for Gore Pilgrims; 

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster [general]
- The Crimson Crown
- Immense Power
Bloodsecrator
- The Brazen Rune
Bloodstoker
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer
- Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer
- Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest
- Bronzed Flesh

30 Bloodletters 
30 Bloodletters
10 Blood Warriors
- Goreglaive
10 Bloodreavers 
5 Wrathmongers

Gore Pilgrims

But at the same time I'm also still a big fan of Murderhost, I just havn't catched up with the 90 Bloodletters plan just yet.

20 minutes ago, Killax said:

CanCon brings a lot of awesome Khorne lists for Chaos so I'm very eager to read about their results. Link to lists: http://www.heraldsofwar.com/documents/cancon-2018-lists-chaos.pdf

My thoughts:

- Jason's list is very strong and adopts the ever popular WoK BT with Gore Pilgrims, gotta love that.
- Nathan's list goes for a Blood Warrior bomb, interesting but I'm more eager to see what he is able to archieve with it. Otherwise strong list and good back up plan with Khorgos.
- Corey's Bloodthirster heavy list seems like a lot of fun.
- Chris' Khorne, magic and cannons list is certainly something different :D
- Ben's Bloodthirster and Bloodletter heavy list is compact but does contain a lot of potent pieces, I like the visualisation of that a lot!
- Matthew's list looks excellent too with a Soulgrinder!

All in all a lot of nice choices, no Murderhost but there are a few players that still play the quantity of Bloodletters for that so I'm excited by the Khorne prospects here. As always Gore Pilgrims is presented well. Logical also because it's a strong choice. With the Bloodthirster discounts and Council of Blood relative cost reduction (it didn't get increased by a 100 points) I'm interested to hear about Bloodthirster preformances.

From my perspective there are quite some potent Khorne lists here but I do like the orginal thakes on certain lists, especially those brave enough to go that heavy on Bloodthirsters. With this inspiration I'll post a new planned list later this day for 2018. It will certainly contain Bloodsecrator, Stoker, Priests, sufficient Bloodletters and a Bloodthirster. 

Cheers,

3 skull cannon + chaos sorcerer lord is certainly an inspired call!

Absolutely! I also must say that I REALLY want to test some lists that contain more Khorgorath's every time but somehow the points don't allow me to do this ;) Having said that though I also want to experiment without Battalions more this year just to see how it pans out. Gore Pilgrims and Murderhost remain the most awesome choices so for those who havn't given that a go yet, be sure to do.

Now between this I've also read some hopeful rumours about a Khorgorath kit actually being fleshed out allready and maby being released somewhere this year? Since the start I hoped for this but really can't say if this will ever be the case.

At the same time I've been working on some more crazy Skullcrushers, which I'll post and am still waiting for my conversion project Bloodthirster to arrive. What's quite funny is that converted Bloodthirsters actually seem to be quite rare! The only cool one Ive found had two axes. But I really want to do something different with his Wrath-flail and also feel more burning corpses should be included :P 

Luckily I've found something that fans of burning skulls might like too! As greenstuffworld sells bags of flaming skulls:
50x-resin-burning-skulls-fire-skulls.jpg

For those interested I could make some comparison pictures with them too. I think they are cool for Bloodletters too, it matches the art and I think they make for some great visual diversification. 

7 hours ago, Killax said:

Thanks for posting this! Always nice to see what other people come up with.  I notice that tourney lists rarely (and here not at all) include any named Khorne heros.  Vlakia, in particular, has done good work for me for her points. I want badly to make Skarbrand work, but it's hard to justify his points.

As these lists show, Gore Pilgrims is the way to go once you really study the book.  In fact, I find it hard NOT to include all three Slaughter Priests just to extend that Portal to the maximum range.  And the stackable Blessings are just too good to replace with anything else, I think. 

I'm starting to admit to the reality that bloodletters just  can't be left out;  hate to have to acquire the 30 after having collected a sizable mortal force, though.  I may stick with buffing the skullreapers for a bit longer, which aren't too far off  from them with damage output.  

Archived