Unit Cards

I've been making unit cards for the Death Units (find them in the death forum) and a few people have asked the method. It should be clear this is not my work, I think I found it on here, but linked to a post on the warhammer forum, however it is all in French, so here's a summary and translation for anyone that wants to make them.

You will end up with something like this which you can print at whatever size you like. I came from Malifaux which uses cards like this all the time, and am intending on printing out e.g. 3 x cards so that on each unit of skeleton warriors I can keep track of the number of models left in that unit, any effects on the unit etc.

MORGHAST ARCHAI.jpg

To make these you will need a windows PC and a copy of a free program called Magic Set Editor 2 (originally designed for editing magic cards, the astute among you may notice) - you can download it here.

Then you will need to download the template files from here (these have disappeared from the original post so am uploading here but happy to take them down if the original owner uploads them again).

Unzip that folder and then open the v.1.0.0 folder. Copy the two folders inside that (aos.mse-game and aos-standard.mse-style) into the data folder of your magic set editor (probably C:\Program Files\Magic Set Editor 2\data). 

Now open the fonts folder, right click and install the fonts.

Open magic set editor and you should be greeted by a new/open menu - choose new and you should see a window like this. Choose AOS as the game type and standard as the style.

5.PNG

You should get a screen that looks like this:

6.PNG

You can edit the warscroll from here:

1.PNG

Click on the dotted box at the very top to edit the type of card. These are in French, but 'standard' is the regular warscroll, 'monstre' adds the damage table 'Formation' is plain for a batallion and 'Decroation' is plain.

2.PNG

Click on the dotted box to the right of the weapons to choose the number of weapons lines that appear

3.PNG

and click next to any line to choose a 'missile weapon' or 'melee weapon' headder

Then just type in the boxes

To add a new card (each card lives in a set) right click on the right side of the screen and choose new card

4.PNG

Then when you've done go to file export.

PRO TIP - you can copy and paste from the warscroll PDF's - best not to work this out after you've typed out 2/3 of your grand alliance's warscrolls by hand :/ 

Hope that helps some. All kudos should go to the creator zatvopop on the warhammer forum

• 7 months later...

Wow, those cards are awesome!  I have been getting my toes wet in AoS, and was just thinking that the game would be so much better if it had cards for the units like other minis games I have played, rather than flipping through a ream of printed out warscroll pages, especially when teaching others new to gaming.

Very cool work! Im lucky in that I got the BoK unit cards and I think GW will continue those for some armies that will recieve their own book.

However its very cool to see the community continue to come up with self made and cool designs. Thanks for sharing!

On 7/30/2017 at 10:40 AM, Aegisgrimm said:

Wow, those cards are awesome!  I have been getting my toes wet in AoS, and was just thinking that the game would be so much better if it had cards for the units like other minis games I have played, rather than flipping through a ream of printed out warscroll pages, especially when teaching others new to gaming.

LOL I didn't even notice, just saw it when scrolling recent threads. My bad! :P

But seriously, this should be stickied. Such a cool resource.

Archived