The Painting Contract - January 2024

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for January 2024.

This is the First Painting Contract of 2024.

It’s a brand new year! And we’ve even more space available than we did last year! So pull out your brushes and paints and hobby tools. Look at those old projects and figure out if they still don’t excite you, or maybe they do, but either way,  it’s a new year and you want new challenges come and join in!

So sit down, and join us, because there’s always room for more at the painting table.

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer and @Sparxius

OK. I'm going to keep my ambitions modest, and say that I'll manage to paint my remaining three Slickblade Seekers. That might not sound like much, but they're tricksy models and seem to take forever to finish.

If I complete them, then I'll make a start on Glutos. He's my big project for the year. I've already practiced a technique for painting marble that I'm quite happy with, and I'm eager to get going! 

• Like 2

Happy New Year!

I am going to be honest and say that i would be happy if i get around to painting at all. So my goal is to at least paint 1 model. I am going to be a father for the second time and got some serious house redesigning and cleaning up to do this month.

• Like 2

Happy New Year!

I am going to finish the hunters i mentioned in december. Three need finishing touches and 3 more need everything except base colors.

I hope i will have the time. Its a busy month and i also attend a tournament.

• Like 1

Holiday plans got in the way of hobby a bit last month so I didn't finish painting my gutrippaz. I'll definitely finish those guys I hope and I've got some khainite shadowstalkers built up to paint next, telling myself they're just for warcry but the urge to get some melusai is strong.

For this month I will try to finish another 5 raptadons and maybe the some kroxigors. Finished a Starpriest today, pretty happy withh is feather cape in particular.

IMG_20240102_155725.jpg

IMG_20240102_155549.jpg

IMG_20240102_155656.jpg

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

For this month, i have 3 underworld warbands i want to finish.

The Grymwatch - Painted the Blisterskin colours.

Lady Harrow's Mournflight - Painted the The Scarlet Doom colours.

Starblood Stalkers - Own colourscheme

If i have the time i want to finish one more - Rippa's Snarlfangs - Own colourscheme (Mostly finished)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I am about halfway painting the pallisades. 150cm straight walls, about a meter of curved wall, small pallisade tower thing and 30 cm gateway. Made from cocktailsticks, sate skewers and coffee stirrers on foamcore.

The round things are the containers of the first two cocktail sticks (I think there are about 1200 cocktail sticks in there).IMG20240103132521.jpg.d831308230c4fd279f6e939f61718c1e.jpg

• Like 4

So to make the terrain I want to finish in januari a bit more specific: 4x wooden house, 4x halfling house, one village house, two corners, two tiny towers, one staircase and one gateway of the fortress and this pile of cocktailsticks.

Edit: +1 owlbear, a few broken down walls and a head replacement for a bandit. It pays to read the encounter before spending a lot of time on terrain.

IMG20240104145903.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 3

I kept hearing about this in your podcasts, and honestly is part of why it drew me to these forums. 
So I'll try hard and partake here, so my goal this month is to paint up a brick of dreadscythe harridans that are (regrettably) still sitting in their box.  >_<

• Like 3