The Painting Contract - November 2023

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for November 2023. We’re in the final stretch till the new year!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer and @Sparxius

The last couple of months I barely painted anything, hope I can get back on track this month. Not feeling inspired to paint yet tough, so my goal for this month will be finish the bases of my Kruleboyz (which are near all painted). Here the first one done.

IMG_20231029_191239.jpg

• Like 6

image.png.af78a8e5773a4815fff1cff6574982bd.pngGetting done with my sigmar head… I think I‘ll glue some vines, moss and other dead ****** onto it for a proper FromSoftware look… I hope it‘ll ultimately convey desolation and depression for a truly good time, as, as you know, I‘m only happy when our minis need counseling too!  Not sure if I can color that ******, I‘d like to give the undersides a blueish tint but since I gotta wrestle it into place, I can‘t really just spray it beforehand as I need to twist it to follow the head. I‘ll post an update when I‘m done with it 👍

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

will need to secure the vines a bit more with glue and paint the moss in the shadows with a blue wash or something so that it feels more part of the scene but this thingy is pretty much done. Not gonna add the crude Warcry platform to it. I like how those stones at the bottom turned out, reminds me a bit of Blizzard‘s style. It‘s not effective to put so much time into scenery but it‘s fun at least. 

image.jpeg.507c87fcfdc9efb201e10cb83ecce03f.jpeg

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 3

I magnetized the arms and bodies, pinned the heads, primed everything and painted the arms. I also painted a gryph hound, two snotlings and a hormagaunt. This is quite a project. They will be for macro photography for my nephew (secret santa).

IMG20231105092351.jpg

IMG20231105092336.jpg

IMG20231105093057.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
Forgot the arms
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1