The Painting Contract - October 2023

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for October 2023. We’re in the final stretch and it’s only 3 months until we’re in a new year!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  @TheOtherJosh& special thanks to @Kramer and @Sparxius

I‘ll be working on some AoS scenery that I should‘ve painted years ago by now. I should do more when I look at all my unpainted stuff but I figure it’s a decent enough start. I hope I can get close to what I envision (Diablo 3‘s pandemonium, it‘s green-blueish grey style, I hope I can get that kind of mood across).  👍

• Like 1

I've actually made time to do a bit of building and kitbashing recently, and have been busy on my Tzaangor project. Basically a unit of Tzaangors that have been formed from mutated foes. My target for October is to complete the building, then finish them off with copious Greenstuff. And if I really crack on I'd like to get at least a 2 or 3 painted by November.

IMG_20231008_183449441.jpg.35479f5d4ba35acc1c93d298be9ac034.jpg

My current favourite is Freeguild Tzaangor Dude:

IMG_20231008_183728775_MP.jpg.b1e0b0e73b56357069dab082d9be358d.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality phone photos.

• Like 8

So I'm back from holiday now and did actually manage to get my cavaliers mostly finished last month! As well as some other bits but as always I keep forgetting to take photo's 😅

This month I am pledging to build a unit of 10 kitbashed fusiliers from the kill team navy breachers kit. Been playing around with blue stuff moulds of an ogor pistol to try and turn into their handguns.

Stretch goals will be to ideally finish some steelhelms I'd started on and maybe put decals on things. Though I may get distracted by making more night trooper style stormtroopers for sw legion so we'll see!

• Like 3