Really like the new design. Feels really new with a bit of Bret militia mixed in to show how ragtag these valiant defenders of the Realms are.

They do indeed look like non-corrupt Legionnaires and echo that Sky Wars art with the wide brims and armored down style of desperate soldiers.

4E282AFF-0C7C-4E11-964E-4113606F237F.png
50313F3B-BEB6-4EB9-B006-7D091E8534BD.png

Love the shields look both over-the-top but also like they were assembled from eccentric metal fences they had to break down and weld into defenses.

8A154DDF-A505-4410-A2B5-8A05571EB42C.png
09796D8A-081C-493D-BB51-05EEEAFEF206.png

2DDA6FF9-7F10-401F-97B5-A214CF442A3D.png

And most exciting is we might get 12 Cities(Sigmar’s holy number ️) for the tome.

B79A334A-3AAE-4D44-9226-BECF9C49C3DE.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 3/19/2023 at 8:56 AM, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Sigmar be like : "I need manpower for my dawnbringer crusades ! You know what ?  ****** you Belakor !" proceeds to unchaos your chaos legionnaire

And as a result, the CoS line aesthetic was born...

Unironically one could make a terrific Warcry band for CoS by un-chaos-converting the Legionnaires.

Redditor made this to mark the cities.

4g2c1mityepa1.png

With Hammerhal counting for 2 that makes 12 cities.

Sad to see Vindicarum not there to represent the Dawners in the Realm of Metal but I guess with Tempest’s Eye still around the Kharadron alliance angle is already taken so you can just Narratively say it represents Vindicarum instead and put in Celestial Vindicators with your mixed aerial forces.

Edit: okay this guy’s off. Whitefang fixed it.

starting from top-left and going clockwise:

Living City

Vindicarum(the gear is an iron collar)

Excelsis(the spear of Mallus)

Hammerhal Ghyra

Misthavn

Lethis

Tempest’s Eye

Greywater Fastness(the gate is keeping the encroaching forest out)

Settler’s Gain

Hallowheart

Hammerhal Aqshy

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Thanks 3

I like the new designs too. Understated, just what you want for the rank and file so that the more grand elite elements stand out. Really happy my existing Freeguild guard will work fine as stand ins for these guys too.

These guys have great character too, well done to the sculpter!

Edited by Greyshadow

OK so if we go by the new leaks we got and just assume all human stuff gone we got:

Being cut: 34

• Wanderer- 6
  • Freeguild- 9
  • Ironweld Arsenal- 7
  • Collegiate Arcane- 6
  • Phoneix Temple- 6

Staying: 24

• Darling Coven- 7
  • Dispossessed- 6
  • Shadowblades- 3
  • Pirates- 4
  • Order Serpentis- 4
Edited by RyantheFett

31 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

OK so if we go by the new leaks we got and just assume all human stuff gone we got:

• Wanderer- 6
  • Freeguild- 9
  • Ironweld Arsenal- 7
  • Collegiate Arcane- 6
  • Phoneix Temple- 6

• Darling Coven- 7
  • Dispossessed- 6
  • Shadowblades- 3
  • Pirates- 4
  • Order Serpentis- 4

Kind of makes me sad. There is a good chance that the only models from my Cities collection that will remain playable are the Ven Densts and maybe a unit of Outriders.

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Kind of makes me sad. There is a good chance that the only models from my Cities collection that will remain playable are the Ven Densts and maybe a unit of Outriders.

There’s absolutely no reason why you couldn’t use old empire models in place of the new ones. It’s the more esoteric stuff like the gyro copter that might be difficult to use. If the old world does an empire revamp, I could see quite a lot of those minis being used by the oks that prefer the pantaloon look.

I’m very curious to see what else comes along. With the Lumineth reveal, gw started very traditional but got wackier as they went along. I could definitely see the same thing happening here. If anything these guys are the equivalent of the old militia kit with their mismatched equipment. What will the more elite troops look like?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I would love to think the new kits will come with a lot of extra pieces that can be easily kit bashed on the older stuff. Would help with the thrown together look they are going for. With only one or two of the larger units being unusable.

I have reached the acceptance phase lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

here’s absolutely no reason why you couldn’t use old empire models in place of the new ones. It’s the more esoteric stuff like the gyro copter that might be difficult to use. If the old world does an empire revamp, I could see quite a lot of those minis being used by the oks that prefer the pantaloon look.

I would not mind using old models, the problem is more that the majority of my list consist of Ironweld and Collegiate Arcane stuff that (it looks like right now) might be gone without replacement.

I was really hoping that those models would stick around, but with good looking foot troops to run alongside them. Well, it looks like we are getting cool foot troops, at least.

The loss of Ironweld will hurt my current collection's playability quite a lot, but as long as we get some usable Legends rules I'll be content.

I really like the aesthetic of (what I assume is) the new Freeguild Guard + Sergeant. Can't wait to see what some of the bigger minis look like!

I'm also relieved that it seems like Greywater is present on the artwork, otherwise I might have had to run my army as Hammerhal 😛

1 hour ago, RyantheFett said:

• Wanderer- 6
  • Freeguild- 9
  • Ironweld Arsenal- 7
  • Collegiate Arcane- 6
  • Phoneix Temple- 6

• Darling Coven- 7
  • Dispossessed- 6
  • Shadowblades- 3
  • Pirates- 4
  • Order Serpentis- 4

That would leave the current army roster (with assuming that Collegiate also gets cut and that all Delf units remain) at:

Spoiler

image.png.aa6ec9154e876344c4ac6ac27b051f5a.png

Or, more concisely:

Spoiler

image.png.c5ec3bec10c742f55a6eda09c6dc9dae.png

Or even more concisely:

Spoiler

Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (7th Edition) - Warhammer - The Old World -  Lexicanum

Curious to see if these become permanent fixtures in the future (i.e.: with updated Dispossessed Labour Clans and Aelf Underworld minis), or disappear at an instant when Malerion and Gholemkind come out eventually

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

That would leave the current army roster (with assuming that Collegiate also gets cut and that all Delf units remain) at:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.aa6ec9154e876344c4ac6ac27b051f5a.png

Or, more concisely:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c5ec3bec10c742f55a6eda09c6dc9dae.png

Or even more concisely:

Hide contents

Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (7th Edition) - Warhammer - The Old World -  Lexicanum

Curious to see if these become permanent fixtures in the future (i.e.: with updated Dispossessed Labour Clans and Aelf Underworld minis), or disappear at an instant when Malerion and Gholemkind come out eventually

Pouring out a 40 of Aqua Ghyranis for my homies.

20230323_1711502.jpg.0eb3621f2ed444bf24f5d48bbea482ad.jpg

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

This is probably the correct choice, but maybe I'm being too much of a pessimist on the future of Cities. With everyone so sure of Malerion can't see them lasting too long in the faction.

I am very saddened by the loss of ironweld after constant hopes each edition they might finally be made not awful. I am now not sure what greywater fastness is actually going to do as a subfaction unless we end up getting some new war machines or artillery or y'know... the stuff greywater used to be focused around.

I'm also super sad about the loss of wanderers, hopefully just slamming down humans and aelves side by side will work for the new units to still use the models and have them represent a unit. I'm also a little sad that there's now no point in finishing my dragon rider gyrocopter conversion or that we might be losing the luminark or hurricanum, those units always felt very 'cities' and regardless of playability they were very characterful for the faction.

On the bright side what I've seen of the new crusader infantry I quite like. Possibly some headswaps with some of the nice knight helmets from anvil industries daughters of the burning rose line will deal with the faces some people aren't too happy about and should work really nicely with the models.

4 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

I am very saddened by the loss of ironweld after constant hopes each edition they might finally be made not awful. I am now not sure what greywater fastness is actually going to do as a subfaction unless we end up getting some new war machines or artillery or y'know... the stuff greywater used to be focused around.

There is going to be a new Great Cannon kit, so that's probably what Greywater will be using. Let's hope the rest of the new kits is cool, too, so that it's worth starting the army over for Ironweld/Wanderers/Phoenix Temple enjoyers.

• Like 1