10 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

A surprise to be sure, but- I LOVE IT AND WILL NEED AN ENTIRE BATTERY OF THEM

Wait until you know the engine size... Maybe it's as big as a gargant and you'll end up with an SOB army disguised as big guns 😛 

Infantry, cavalry, artillery, altars and weird and grimdark critters... We're definitely heading for a wide and varied release. The more time passes, the harder it is to wait !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Wait until you know the engine size... Maybe it's as big as a gargant and you'll end up with an SOB army disguised as big guns 😛 

Infantry, cavalry, artillery, altars and weird and grimdark critters... We're definitely heading for a wide and varied release. The more time passes, the harder it is to wait !

My army is already mostly just Steam Tanks and Luminarks with some required Battleline Dispossessed and Handgunners, so I think they will fit just right in at any size.

And yeah, I really hope we start seeing at least some full mini renders during the Spring/Summer. The wait for Fall(?) is already killing me!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Draznak said:

The OBR Mortek Crawler is on a 160mm oval. I think we can go bigger, though. Make the cannon a terrain piece!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png.1f484900eccc879c1e9cd9707ab3ef00.png

Real quick and dirty mock-up of my idea for it (based on it being similar-ish in base size to the Mortek Crawler).
Base decorations like crates of gunpowder and cannonballs, sandbags (they were used during sieges to protect advancing sappers) and other stuff like the 40k Heavy Ordnance Battery.

Spoiler

Dreadquake Mortar - Warhammer - The Old World - Lexicanum

Maybe it could even have a (not enslaved and happily living in the city) ogor as a loader/pusher?

Edit: Also, the bombard from our gracious Whitefang's post is called Mons Meg, and is from the UK (Scotland, to be more precise.)

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 hours ago, Freemeta said:

i want them to get ride obsolete technology like arbalest. it's a shame that the best cannon at the moment is ogor.

Eh, it's fine. I would personally like the Cities to lean more into gunpowder tech, but more for thematic reasons. It's not anachronistic to have crossbows and guns in use at the same time. Plus, with AoS being fantasy and AoS crossbows being able to fire all kinds of magical nonsense ammunition, I can live with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I wonder... Did @Whitefang post the photo for shape rather than size? Or maybe both ?

At least we're sure some artillery is coming (I bet there'll be a WarCom article on it with some bits).

The only bad part about that Seraphon summer release is that we will probably have to wait until it is over before we can expect any real Cities news.

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The only bad part about that Seraphon summer release is that we will probably have to wait until it is over before we can expect any real Cities news.

I completely agree.

I'm betting on a June release for Seraphons (especially with 40k new edition in July normally). So we'll probably only have the few WarCom articles by then (and maybe a surprise like a first complete mini at WarFest, hope keeps us alive).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Waiting for that giant spider or any other proof that are leaks are true are just killing me lol........................

Are you referring to these leaks ?

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/22826-the-rumour-thread/?do=findComment&comment=603973

Because ahead of Gloomspite Gitz releases, and Seraphon release date, I'm sadly afraid that these rumors have to be dismissed as false.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Draznak said:

Are you referring to these leaks ?

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/22826-the-rumour-thread/?do=findComment&comment=603973

Because ahead of Gloomspite Gitz releases, and Seraphon release date, I'm sadly afraid that these rumors have to be dismissed as false.

All three leaks for cities more or less lined up with each with few variations (all had different dates iirc). Two here and one in the discord. So they are all a bit of a blur now lol.

Some non-humans staying, some non-humans being removed, ogres, all humans replaced, etc. 

Had more faith in the big leakers here and in the discord, but have not been keeping up with rumors...... except for Farsight in 40k. Woooooo!!!!

Also figure with 10ed we won't here much about cities for while. Better to not drive myself crazy thinking of it lol.

Edited by RyantheFett

On 5/6/2022 at 4:32 AM, Mungrun said:

I just love how GW seems to present this "new" faction, very "Spanish" theme with the Inquisition, the morion helmet, the conquistadors exploring unknown lands and founding new colonies in savages and mysterious lands for God & Gold.

Hide contents

Conquistador meme.png

there was a game like that, human exploring hell: Hell Dorado

First post ever, but i am a silent reader since years in this forum^^.

The whole talk about steampunk and conquisdators reminds me on one of my favourite rts games Rise of Legends from 2006, it was the unsuccessful successor of Rise of Nations. Still play it today.

One of the factions was heavly inspired by Leonardo da Vinci's sketches and ideas combined with steampunk, clockworkpunk and italian city states of the renaissance.

Some artworks and renders of the game give a good example for this theme:rol-concept-art_air_fortress_07.jpg.cdd1212847b5f8c4dac73ab4cb72fdb6.jpgrol-concept-art_doge_mini_walker_final.jpg.19d8b8d493773949d69463df9c339188.jpgrol-concept-art_doge_mini_walker_final.jpg.19d8b8d493773949d69463df9c339188.jpg

rol-concept-art2_vinci_scythe_a.jpg

rol-concept-art_vinci_capital_district_b.jpg

rol-concept-art_weapon_01.jpg

rol-concept-art_vinci_steamflyer_all.jpg

rol-concept-art_vinci_city.jpg

rol-concept-art_Vinci_Riflemen_C_1200.jpg

rol-concept-art_clockwork_grunt_01.jpg

RoL-Renders_RoL_Character_FINAL_Vinci_GruntUnit_01.jpg

RoL-Renders_RoL_Prop_FINAL_VinciRifle_01.jpg

RoL-Renders_RoL_Prop_ScoutFlyer_01.jpg

rol-concept-art2_vinci_palace_d.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

old conquistador from warhammer battle Dogs of war :JnNo4qx.png

i hope more innovative design, what about keeping human and giving them a mix of duardin,aelf,sigmar aesthetic (aelf and duardin armor/weapon/glyph/rune whatever).

I'm new to the lore of AOS. there is no "big" character warscroll for cities of sigmar, who can we expect to be part of the dawnbringer crusade? maybe nobody because it's a mundane humans faction?

Edited by Freemeta
avoiding double post
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 12:57 AM, Freemeta said:

I'm new to the lore of AOS. there is no "big" character warscroll for cities of sigmar, who can we expect to be part of the dawnbringer crusade? maybe nobody because it's a mundane humans faction?

I would bet that there will be at least one or two important characters. The most obvious choice would probably be whoever is currently in charge of the Goldjackets of Hammerhal, since they are the "main" Freeguild after which others model themselves. I think that would be a new character, though. The person who last held that position currently seems to be dead according to Lexicanum.

I see no reason we could not get a model like this for CoS:

warhammer-40k-imperial-guard-lord-solar-

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 12:57 AM, Freemeta said:

Very interesting question being asked here!

IMO lots of AoS factions would do well with a few more named characters or units. They add a lot of flavour: both when you use them and when you don't use them, since you have to make a deliberate choice to choose something else. This forces you to pick some other theme. I would like to see at least 2-3 named characters for each faction in each book. Fyreslayers, DoK, Gitz, Orruks (especially Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz), FEC, Lizards and Beastmen are among the factions that would benefit a lot from this.

So, when it comes to the Dawnbringers, what can we expect? Sadly, we can expect way too little, as GW's track record with special characters is a bit spotty. But I would like to see this, inspired by the different types of Sigmarites:

1 military/melee type leader (probably some successful 'self-made man' type general)
1 religious type leader (I'm thinking something Volkmar-inspired here, though obviously not Volkmar himself)
1 mage type leader (think Balthazar Gelt or Thyrus Gorman... though interestingly both of them seem to be Stormcast!)
1 witch hunter type leader (and this we may already have got with the ven Densts)
... and ...
1 dwarf character (to give us some guidelines about how dwarfs working with Sigmar think)
1 elf character (to give us some guidelines about how elves working with Sigmar think)

But probably we should not expect all that. Beyond the ven Densts, we will be lucky if we get more than one of the military or religious ones.

• Like 1

I'm not a big lore expert, but I get the impression that timescales in the narrative of the Mortal Realms are long and don't match well with the lifespan of mortal humans.

Which if I'm right would be a problem for named human heroes. 

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1