yesss

yes-yes

uhahahaha.

more meat-things for the meatgrinder!

skaven will be very happy.

more food-things to eat-eat

4 hours ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

@Baron Klatz Bloodpelt Hunter is a Gutbuster

Yep, crazy. I guess they wanted a more frosty visual to give to the Gutbusters since the sub-factions are easier to mingle together now like the BCR Mournfangs in the Gutbuster Vanguard so they don’t have to be BCR to benefit from the Everwinter’s power. ❄️ 

Biggest pity is this and the Man-Eaters coming back means little to no chance of a Warcry Man-Eater focus.

Oh well, hopefully next edition is kinder to the big lads and the Everwinter brings more goodies to the table.

Yeah. They are awesome. I would have been happy either if they were a great unit on their own without any rules or maybe if the Mage Subfaction of the guttbuster maybe had included them this time around and be generic for mages but eh. I converted mine so I will definetly find a place to play him and tinker around. No dust for the fire boy!

Does anyone else think Ironguts at 270 is extreme? At that price, even with their warscroll improvements, I think they might be a pass. It's just way too expensive for 16 wounds on a 4+ save. A unit that's already a huge target for opponents. I made this point in the Rumor Thread, but the new Chaos Chosen are 240 points and twice as powerful/resilient as Ironguts.

20 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Does anyone else think Ironguts at 270 is extreme? At that price, even with their warscroll improvements, I think they might be a pass. It's just way too expensive for 16 wounds on a 4+ save. A unit that's already a huge target for opponents. I made this point in the Rumor Thread, but the new Chaos Chosen are 240 points and twice as powerful/resilient as Ironguts.

Don’t really know, but I will definitely enjoy them very much

3 hours ago, Mutton said:

Seems fine to me on first glance. Ironguts hits harder in melee (vs 2+ save it's closer), crucially have 8" Move vs 5", can proc MW on charge. Yes they have worse survivability than Chosen but not disastrously so. We shall see in future what will be their use cases. Mathhammer only can carry us so far.

EW stands for effective wounds

image.png.cf3fb529017fef20bc8eee674839eff1.png

Also they count as 2 models which makes them even when less survivable probably still more valuable on objective fights?

But generally speaking they are our cheapest and most reliable rend 2 source. Stonehorns are more expensive. And I am not sure about Gargant Hackers on Mournfang. With the rend and range i think culling clubs are now better on mournfangs?

I right now am thinking about using bloodpelt hunter in a shooting heavy underguts list. I mean theoretically as long as he has his command trait for 2+ to hit he seems like an alternative to an Ironblaster? Otherwise a Underguts command trait would end up be a second big name maybe Deathcheater and Fateseeker but that is also not too exciting necessarily. 

2 hours ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

But generally speaking they are our cheapest and most reliable rend 2 source. Stonehorns are more expensive. And I am not sure about Gargant Hackers on Mournfang. With the rend and range i think culling clubs are now better on mournfangs?

Stonehorn rend (or more accurately non-Stonehorn rend) is one of the things that protected me from being tempted to buy into Ogors on this battletome release. I like Thundertusks a lot, but can't stand the Stonehorn model. All for the best, though, given the state of my backlog.

17 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Biggest pity is this and the Man-Eaters coming back means little to no chance of a Warcry Man-Eater focus.

From what I’ve read the ogors in the new warcry book are very butcher focussed… so hopefully a new butcher sculpt (something we all need desperately) 

• Like 1

Thoughts on the new tome?

Feels like a bit of a sidegrade like some of the other recent books to me, but it definitely has some play and cleans up the rules for 3e.

Mournfang are more interesting, but still failed to get out of their in-between spot of not getting good trampling charges or might makes right, which hurts their value.

Thundertusks might be competitive between the rampage and 5+ ward mount trait. I could see boulderhead taking at least 1.

Artefacts and command traits seem lacklustre, the generics have better options.

The warscroll changes were all really good, and probably the highlight of the book, and the subfactions are all pretty solid options.

I think its a solid book overall, but we'll need to see how it plays. The few builds that jump out at me are meatfist Kragnos + MSU gutbuster(leadbelcher?) spam, classic boulderhead monster spam, and underguts gunline with those rend 3 cannons.

25 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Mournfang are more interesting, but still failed to get out of their in-between spot of not getting good trampling charges or might makes right, which hurts their value.

This exactly. In the past they theoretically at least outdamaged stonehorn beastriders a bit potentially in a unit off 4 for the same price. Now the Beastriders are 310 and 4 of these are 350 and still have the worse charge and count for less models on objectives. I really love the idea of their new anti shooting ability but I am afraid of their actual use. I guess they consistently run and charge now at least and are now the more damaging and survivable but also more expensive battleline option for the beasclaws. They still synergise better with the Bloodfeast spell than our other units in the book because of their mounts gaining the bonus attack too.

And yes for just charging for mortal wounds theoretically leadbelchers are the way to go because they are our cheapest 3+ model unit but their melee just is not comparable to the other units. If some madman wants to play 10×4 leadbelchers with 2 Tyrants who both have the Big Name to count as a Monster for the charge damage in Meatfist I want pictures of those 42 bellies just charging things.

Gluttons seem back on the menu. While they went up slightly, +rend,2 inch reach, the better charge, and +1 attack makes them way killier. For a 8% price increase or so, they gain +40% killiness or so, and the banners are way better too. 

I still think most lists will have a single stonehorn. The -1 wound trait is great and you want something to carry your throat/artifact etc.

Something like

Kragnos

Frostlord in stonehorns

3*6 gluttons

Might be interesting. I think that fits barely.

• Like 1

I think the kragnos meatfist cheese is something like:

Kragnos-720

Slaughtermaster with arcane tome + master of magic- 135

Tyrant with brawlerguts (mortals on 3s)- 150

5x4 leadbelchers -850

Purple sun - 90

Lauchon - 50 (or go for triumph).

Comes to 1995 points. Maybe you want cogs for the reroll charges, but each unit of leadbelchers is doing roughly 5 mortals on average with the charge, plus you can splash damage around through shooting. You'd play a bit like nighthaunt I think, and try to combo charge stuff to blow it up.

It also all fits into a single battle regiment.

• Like 1