Allegiance: Bonesplitterz
- Warclan: Icebone
- Grand Strategy: Waaagh!
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (65)*
- General
- Command Trait: Great Hunter
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
Wurrgog Prophet (150)*
- Artefact: Glowin' Tattooz
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Maniak Weirdnob (100)*
- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Glowy Green Tusks

Battleline
5 x Savage Boarboys (140)
- Chompas
- Chompas
- Chompas

Units
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (155)*
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (155)*
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (160)**
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Spider Riders (100)
5 x Spider Riders (100)

Behemoths
Skitterstrand Arachnarok (200)
- Allies

Endless Spells & Invocations
Soulsnare Shackles (65)

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 186
Drops: 14

Or Option B: Extra Savage Big Boss and a speedy Battalion

Spoiler

- Warclan: Icebone

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (65)*
- General
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
Wurrgog Prophet (150)*
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Gorkamorka's War Cry
Maniak Weirdnob (100)*
- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un
- Lore of the Savage Beast: Glowy Green Tusks
Savage Big Boss (65)***

Battleline
5 x Savage Boarboys (140)***
- Chompas
- Chompas
- Chompas

Units
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (155)***
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (155)***
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Spider Riders (100)*
5 x Spider Riders (100)*

Behemoths
Skitterstrand Arachnarok (200)
- Allies

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Hunters of the Heartlands
***Bonesplitterz Rukk

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 192
Drops: 15

...or just stick with the second Wurggog?

@PlasticCraic I think I prefer the second one, though that's probably just me being leery of needing an endless spell to go off, and I like the idea of savage bosses just being a little mini squad with each other, 12 attacks in a single activation, not mention if you got a third squad lined up within 3" of the second guy sounds pretty groovy to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Garuun said:

@PlasticCraic I think I prefer the second one, though that's probably just me being leery of needing an endless spell to go off, and I like the idea of savage bosses just being a little mini squad with each other, 12 attacks in a single activation, not mention if you got a third squad lined up within 3" of the second guy sounds pretty groovy to me.

Thanks mate, let's go with that then

NGL I'm temped to switch to Ironjawz and run Double Krusha while it's still good, but I've been painting up the spiders so I'll stick to my guns!

14 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

Thanks mate, let's go with that then

NGL I'm temped to switch to Ironjawz and run Double Krusha while it's still good, but I've been painting up the spiders so I'll stick to my guns!

I dunno, it lost to grots, it can't be *that* good ;)

• Haha 1

@PlasticCraic I'm curious, i'm guessing you use the spider rider as your main screen? Not a bad idea considering you deny an easy battle tactic for your opponent. 

Like mentionned in my post, i'm not a big fan of the big stabbas in Icebone. I would personnaly favour more pigs / morboys. Between the 12 big stabbas and spiders, it's almost 900 pts that don't benefit much from Clans ability. 

About Shackle, each time I read it i like the ability. Then I realize it will just get dispel almost every time and move to something else so I guess i'm voting for option B lol.

I'm also dubious about amulet on the Big boss, doesn't seem that usefull?

Good luck :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, broche said:

@PlasticCraic I'm curious, i'm guessing you use the spider rider as your main screen? Not a bad idea considering you deny an easy battle tactic for your opponent. 

Kinda depends on the scenario, I want to use Riders as the main screen, for the reason you said and also because they are more throwaway than the Boarboys, but sometimes you need the pregame move to set up your shape which means you need the pigs up front.  In practice it's a combination of both up front, maybe 2 pigs and one Riders on most scenarios.  And if you end up going first, you can run and reorganise to put your Spiders up front.

Like mentionned in my post, i'm not a big fan of the big stabbas in Icebone. I would personnaly favour more pigs / morboys. Between the 12 big stabbas and spiders, it's almost 900 pts that don't benefit much from Clans ability. 

Yeah...I mean the Stabbas do still get 2 MWs on 6s, so it's not completely wasted.  Also, that 3" range gets them regularly hitting on your opponent's turn without being hit themselves, so they get to throw a whole extra set of dice at it which is probably hard to factor in (won't get it if they get shot off for example)...but it does make life hard for your opponent.  I'm mainly running them because I like them, and I agree that the army would be more efficient with more pigs and less Stabbas, but they're not a total liability.  I would want to keep at least 4 as a counterpunch tool, but 12 is a bit of a luxury.

Same with the Spiders tbh, the Skitter brings you a Monster and a deepstrike threat, but the Riders are just a cheaper version of what we already have in pigs.  I find that a unit of 5 does a similar amount of damage to 5 unbuffed pigs, so given that you'll only be casting Green Tusks on one unit at a time, it can end up being quite efficient to have a small amount of them in the army even without the Icebone ability. 

What I do want to try is double Skitters, but that leaves you thin on screens, so you'd def want to sub out the Stabbas for more pigs at that point.

About Shackle, each time I read it i like the ability. Then I realize it will just get dispel almost every time and move to something else so I guess i'm voting for option B lol.

The dispel needs a natural 8 though, right?  It's not an easy dispel.  I've been holding off from running it because I'm nervous about armies like Seraphon or Lumineth unbinding it (or shooting off your wizards), and then you've wasted your points.  But they're not the armies you are really worried about charging you anyway.  It's really useful against stuff like Ironjawz, who are very popular and strong right now - but they might be about to drop off dramatically if they points increases are correct!

Savage Big Boss and the free 6" run are probably the smart choice, I just really want to try it and see how it goes.

I'm also dubious about amulet on the Big boss, doesn't seem that usefull?

Mainly to keep him alive for my Grand Strategy, I'm trying one from the book. There's not much point taking a Regiment because I'd still be high drop, so I might as well take an artefact.  I've tried a few things like Dokk Juice but nothing seems as good as an improved Ward, even though we're "paying" for a 6++ already.

I'm open to suggestions if you think there's an artefact I'm sleeping on though?  If I do end up dropping some Big Stabbas, that would let me beef up the Battleline and also help achieve the Waaagh Grand Strategy.  I still don't think this "Screen and Counterpunch" style of list wants to be too low drop, because you need more than 5 units for multiple layers of screens, but you could potentially go the other way and shoot for double Regiment at two drops with a few cheap Big Bosses in there.  Or even just 3 drops, with a Regiment and 2 extra units outside.  It helps that the A-Rok fits too.

Good luck :) 

Thanks mate!

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

The dispel needs a natural 8 though, right?  It's not an easy dispel.  I've been holding off from running it because I'm nervous about armies like Seraphon or Lumineth unbinding it

My bad, i tought it was a 5 to cast lol. I'm getting old my memory is failing haha. In that case it's not bad (but hard to cast your you too so it's unclear).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, broche said:

My bad, i tought it was a 5 to cast lol. I'm getting old my memory is failing haha. In that case it's not bad (but hard to cast your you too so it's unclear).

Yeah it could easily be 65 points down the drain!  It will occasionally be game-defining too though, if you can cast it in the right matchups.  It's a gamble but the risk-reward ratio feels about right I think.

We can take Kruleboyz as allies, right? I was thinking, might be nice to mix in 100-200 points of Kruleboyz for some backline support. Maybe a unit of Boltboyz to hold a backfield objective and plink away at heroes or chip away at a monster or something. Because BS is such an aggressive faction it might be nice to drop something that doesn't want to move much. Also, do you guys think it's necessary to reinforce Battleline, or could I splurge all my reinforcements on 2 units of 4 big stabbaz, and 2 units of 10 Maniak Boarboyz? Those are my two favorites in the faction but I'm not sure if it's worth it to go all in on them.

Edited by Aztok
Messed up some words

32 minutes ago, Aztok said:

We can take Kruleboyz as allies, right? I was thinking, might be nice to mix in 100-200 points of Kruleboyz for some backline support. Maybe a unit of Boltboyz to hold a backfield objective and plink away at heroes or chip away at a monster or something. Because BS is such an aggressive faction it might be nice to drop something that doesn't want to move much. Also, do you guys think it's necessary to reinforce Battleline, or could I splurge all my reinforcements on 2 units of 4 big stabbaz, and 2 units of 10 Maniak Boarboyz? Those are my two favorites in the faction but I'm not sure if it's worth it to go all in on them.

I dont think u can take kruleboyz allies. It will become a big waaagh list if u want to combine the 2.

Played a few games over the weekend with the Shackles list:

- Whupped Kruleboyz with Kragnos (the least competitive list I faced, because Kragnos)

- Lost narrowly to the same Ironjawz list I wrote about earlier. This one was on me, because I forgot there were some Brutes hiding behind a building late on.  My fault not the army's

- Drew with Nurgle Archaon (an absolute cracker!)

Winners

Glowin' Wurggog was a star.  Stared down a Sludgeraker croc with the Amulet of Protection, as well as a Maw Krusha from full to zero.  Take it off!

Losers

Shackles were a complete waste of time.  Against Ironjawz I already had insurance against him charging me thanks to the 3" reach on the Big Stabbas and the Wurggog.  The one game it would have been amazing was against Archaon, because I can't kill him...but he has an auto dispel.  Back on the shelf.

Not sure

The Skitterstrand was superb against the Kruleboyz, because he got into the dakka with a charge reroll.  He killed a support hero per turn against Nurgle.  But the point he bleeds out for dying really hurts in tight games.  I wish we still had the old school Hand of Gork to get over screens and into the backfield, but without that he might be a necessary evil.  Will keep experimenting.

• Like 1

Between the Amulet of Everywhere and the Nurgle Daemons army I played against (plus the Phoenix Guard, Prime Time Cities list that I didn't play), Drakkfoot has jumped up the agenda again.  Looking at this for a nice aggressive 2-drop option, with loads of threats and a decent amount of screens:

Spoiler

- Warclan: Drakkfoot

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (65)
- General
Wurrgog Prophet (150)
Wurrgog Prophet (150)
Savage Big Boss (65)
Savage Big Boss (65)
Savage Big Boss (65)

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (155)

Units
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (290)
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (160)
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Spider Riders (100)
5 x Spider Riders (100)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 196
Drops: 2

7 pregame moves and the thick end of 200 wounds, gonna give this a shot next 👍

Edited by PlasticCraic
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Enwolved said:

Hey fellow Bonesplitterz-friends,

do you have recommendations for an alternative model for the Wurgogg Prophet? 
I already own the original GW model and the Underworlds model. 
But as we know, for the ultimate mask-madness, you need more than two!

cheers!

Depends on if you have a 3D printer or someone who can print for you.

I really this one since he has the signature spell in his model.

https://www.warmill.co.uk/Fists_of_Fury_Orc_Shaman/p814918_20207075.aspx

There are other options like avatars of war or diy from a savage orruk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Enwolved said:

Hey fellow Bonesplitterz-friends,

do you have recommendations for an alternative model for the Wurgogg Prophet? 
I already own the original GW model and the Underworlds model. 
But as we know, for the ultimate mask-madness, you need more than two!

cheers!

I bought this one from Mierce, and it fits the scale nicely

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnl_cha_050_000

• Like 2

After I d written off Bonesplitterz for my double Rogue Idol list. I ve given them a go at our local event th8s we. List was drakkfoot

Prophet, big boss, 3x10 morboyz, 10 maniaks, 4 big stabbas, 2 rogue idols in alpha beast pack

3 drops

and it was a lot of fun. 

My first game was against Teclis and 50 sentinels 1 drop and lrl got the win but by a single point at 33 to 34 in ceins of guhr.

The prophet did 13 MW to Teclis and deleted him. This was priceless 

My 2nd game against sce hammer of sigmar 1 drop. Was a unit 9f 4 fulminator, stardrake, 2x 5 vindictors, 2x3 anihilators some foot heroes

I misjudged how damaging 4 fulminators can be on the charge and gave 1 rogue idol away thinking all out defense and waagh it will survive and. The stardrake had reroll save and -1 to wound so I ended up failing to kill the beast and lost this game without contest

Last game was another stormcast ( a popular army at the moment 😀)

Knight excelssior

6 vanguard raptors with longstrike

Lord relictor, lord imperitant, knight incantor,  Yndrasta, 3 units of anihilators, , 1 unit of 5 protectors

Like the last 2 games my opponent took the first turn after my pre game moves (seeing rogue idols that close to your lines tend to do that) He killed a rogue idol after 2 round of shooting with the longstrike dropped all 3 units of anihilators and yndresta in my blocks. Called waagh turn 1 and succeeded to deny a lot of the damage this alpha list can do

I got the double turn going 1 to 2 and 10 morboyz or 5 after an unleash hell managed to kill 5 out 6 of the raptors 

Killed Yndrasta with big stabbas. Struggled a bit with 2+ saves anihilators and protectors but ended up winning that one by a single point.  Big Stabbas and the prophet mask saved me against those units

Overral it s a fun army to play. It s got games and I never felt I was outclassed and I look forward to play more games with them. The now conditionnal battleline has really hurt my 2.0 list. The numerous 2+ armor units in the game felt like it was a problem for an army with no rend but thats why big stabbas and rogue idol feel needed in a list outside of icebone. I really liked the morboyz as min battleline. They have so many attacks

• Like 4

I have a 3 rounder coming up on the 18th. I was thinking of taking this list;

Faction: Orruk Warclans

Army Type: Bonesplitterz

Subfaction: Drakkfoot

Grand Strategy: Get Dem Bones!

Triumph: Bloodthirsty

Core Battalions:

Alpha-Beast Pack

Rogue Idol 430 pts

Rogue Idol 430 pts

Warlord

Wurrgog Prophet (General): Master of Magic, Glowin’ Tattooz, Gorkamorka’s War Cry 150 pts

Wurrgog Prophet: Amulet of Destiny, Power of the Were-boar 150 pts

Wardokk: Squiggly Curse Points  80 pts

Wardokk: Levitate Points Cost: 80 pts

Savage Orruk Morboys: 155 pts

Hunters of the Heartlands

Savage Boarboy Maniaks: 145 pts

Endless Spells/Invocations

Emerald Lifeswarm: 60 pts

Total Points: 1990 pts 

Thoughts? I am set on Drakkfoot. The general idea is that I will break up the army into two hammers. Idol up front, backed up by a wurrgog, Wardokk, and 10 Morboys. Each Idol can have a bonus to their save, and access to healing via the life swarm and Wardokk. In return the Idol provides its bravery buff and bonus to casting. Wurrgogs can get up to +2 to cast and have improved ward saves thanks to their artifacts. They will also have access to healing like the Idol, so hopefully it will keep them alive longer to stare things down. The units in the hunters battalion are mainly there to hold objectives. 6 units get pre- game moves, but it is still a bit slow in this edition.

That is the plan for now anyways...

2 hours ago, azdimy said:

With the incoming wave of Nurgle players I m about to face in my local scene with their new book I think Drakkfoot value just went way up!

I agree! They look down right nasty at first glance. 

What are you guys hoping for in the balancing FAQ? I don't expect much for us, though I can dream. If I had my way, these would be my changes...

1. Add Coalition rules like Nurgle is getting. Essentially letting us ally Ironjawz and Kruelboyz units without sacrificing our allegiance abilities or being forced to take big waaagh. (I would totally convert a beast-skewer killbow out of some big Stabbas).

2. Reduce Kragnos down to some where around 580 points, or give him a 5+ ward save and put him around 650.

3. Drakkfoot: Change the wording of their ability to "An opponent's unit cannot make wards saves against wounds and mortal wounds caused by friendly Drakkfoot units". (Right now it only works for attacks. Spells and other abilities get ward saves as normal. This makes it no ward saves period).

4. Add the following to the Bonegrinz allegiance ability: "The spirit of gorkamorka rule also applies to shooting attacks made by friendly Bonegrinz units". (This fits with their fill the sky with Arrows theme, and would make them more viable).

5. Wardokks have their wizard keyword replaced by the Priest keyword. (We have plenty of casters, and the whole grand alliance is starved for priests. Having access to one would not only shake up our game, but all those who can ally with us too.)

6. Increase the range of squiggly Curse to 18. (3" vs heroes only? Utter hot garbage.)

7. Mork's Boney bits being returned to their previous version. (Current versions is useless in some match ups, and a consistent +1 with a lower ceiling is preferable to a situational bonus).

8. Reduce the cost of Savage Orruks to 150. (It doesn't seem right that they are the most expensive unit in our army).

I think that these changes could put us back to tournament tier, and help add some list variety to the army. What would you guys like to see?