AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

Just now, Rors said:

On paper gutrippas with poison on 5s and double poison on 6s looks nasty.. I guess it's just too slow and too many points in a combo that's relatively easy to pick apart?

It sounds good until you consider it's cost

20 Gutrippas - 360pts

1 Shaman - 105pts

1 Snatchaboss - 315pts

780 points.

You could have Kragnos with points to spare

1 hour ago, vHeatv said:

It sounds good until you consider it's cost

20 Gutrippas - 360pts

1 Shaman - 105pts

1 Snatchaboss - 315pts

780 points.

You could have Kragnos with points to spare

cost I agree but also the poison cant be used when in combat, and we have no way to protect the shaman e.g. like they are doing now in death with bodyguard for buff heroes (necromancer, spirithost, belladama etc)

edit: and also gutrippas are fairly squishy with low armour and bravery, u then need to add even more points for killaboss to deal with battleshock. they are like skinks imo, warscroll suxx but u can buff them to be good, only for some reason they are pointed like buffs were already built into the scroll...

Edited by woolf

1 hour ago, Sonnenspeer said:

If the rumors about the GHB are true (Infantry can fight in two rows) we have to change all our Stikka to Hakka 😅

yeah thats true... 😅 perhaps possible to cut the spears and put an axehead with a magnet or something... quite a lot of work though.. ill probably just tell my friends they are extra choppy spear-looking axes 😂

• Like 1

If it just the 40K combat rule, stikkas are still probably better for 20-30 man units, Hakkas are probably better for running 10.

but the damage output isn’t vastly different either way since gutrippas are reliant on the MW procs on hits 

• Like 2

ok so gutrippaz should actually benefit quite a lot from this new bounty hunter battalion as doing 2 MW on 6s (or 5 with poison) could be quite spicy. (and the +1 to wound from swapping to hackas i guess doesnt hurt either)

3 minutes ago, NauticalSoup said:

So it's not a core rule it's tied to this specific season and will go away after

Meh

I'm not about picking fights online... But Nautical Soup, bro, you spend a lot of time telling people they're wrong or shooting things down.

Genuinely makes me avoid commenting in this forum. Just half a cup of positivity would go a long way

So the new battletome has a command ability that gives a units always strike last. Kruelboyz have a way to duplicate commands. Gutrippas can now do 3 mortal wounds on a 6 (bounty hunter + sludgedraker).

Could this be the start of something viable?

Scratch that, you need to roll higher than the number of models you charged.. super situational

Edited by Rors

sadly seems no point reductions, or is there still hope for that pdf? 

gutrippaz could potentially deal quite some dmg in the battalion yes, but they will also get hit by other bounty hunters and explode. and they are slow, I think you want to put cav units in the bounty hunt squad

without dropping points fairly significantly I think we are still one of the weakest books..

I think gutrippaz are a good pick for bounty hunters, in it they'll put out enough damage, mostly as mortals, to actually shred through big infantry blocks.

20 with a sludgeraker and a shaman will put out roughly 20 mortals, adding bounty hunters would take it to like 33-34 or something?

I'm not too worried about the bulk, gutrippaz arent that durable anyways, they're just a pile of wounds so if there are dps check armies that are strong in the meta like gargants or nurgle big units of gutrippaz will end up going down fast regardless of bounty hunters.

34 minutes ago, NauticalSoup said:

I think it's an exaggeration to say they wreck melee armies. I'd rather play into Kruleboys than almost any other shoot-heavy army. It's definitely better than it was though.

Not to mention that lumineth sentinals still ignore it since they don't need line of sight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

Not to mention that lumineth sentinals still ignore it since they don't need line of sight.

True, same goes for stormfiend windlaunchers and a few others. But few factions, if any, can build lists with no counters or weaknesses. And with mid and low tier armies you're often better off playing to your strenght and have a few dead match ups than trying to not have any weaknesses and instead end up with no strenghts. 

1 hour ago, NauticalSoup said:

I think it's an exaggeration to say they wreck melee armies.

I guess wreck by Kruleboyz standards. My big yellers lists hace always done far better against melee than against shooting/magic/hybrid lists.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 10:58 PM, kozokus said:

Allegiance: Kruleboyz

- Warclan: Grinnin' Blades

- Mortal Realm: Ghur

- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line

- Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS

Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)**

- General

- Command Trait: Egomaniak

- Artefact: Arcane Tome

- Mount Trait: Smelly 'Un

- Lore of the Swamp: Sneaky Miasma

Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)

Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth (180)

Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof (170)

- Artefact: Mork's Eye Pebble

Swampcalla Shaman GREEN (105)**

Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot

- Lore of the Swamp: Nasty Hex

Swampcalla Shaman BLUE (105)**

Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot

- Lore of the Swamp: Choking Mist

UNITS

10 x Gutrippaz (180)*

10 x Gutrippaz (180)*

10 x Gutrippaz (180)*

10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)**

10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)

CORE BATTALIONS

*Hunters of the Heartlands

**Warlord

Absolutely love this list! It includes all the faction´s models I really love. Thanks for sharing!

On 5/8/2022 at 10:58 PM, kozokus said:

First, THANKS, MANY THANKS to TheOffBeatGamer, a Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrI8sk9veBLXlpfDXll5YPA

I have to have a look here...

HTG

I've got an event at the start of august and the battleplans were announced, In the presence of Idols, Close to the chest, the Nidus Paths, Won't back down, and the prize of Gallet. I'm thinking I might bring Kruleboyz.
I threw this list together

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
- Warclan: Grinnin' Blades
- Grand Strategy: Waaagh!
- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)*
- General
- Command Trait: Egomaniak
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)*
- Lore of the Swamp: Choking Mist
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)*
- Lore of the Swamp: Nasty Hex
Killaboss on Corpse-Rippa Vulcha (240)
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Mount Trait: Fast 'Un
- Lore of the Swamp: Sneaky Miasma

Battleline
20 x Gutrippaz (360)**
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Gutrippaz (180)**
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)*
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)*

Units
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Bounty Hunters

Total: 1945 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 144
Drops: 4

I tried to build it to the scenarios and new GHB.
From my analysis of the battlepack boltboyz are going to steal the show again, both Outmuscle and an eye for an eye should be fairly easy to score with their ranged damage, and they're fantastic idol units for in the presence of idols for the same reason.
Egomaniak sludgeraker is a pretty obvious pick, it keeps him safe and he's got better damage than the bird to score this one's mine.
Grinnin blades should make things difficult for any opponents that are trying to use ranged output to score safe BT, as well as protect fragile things like boltboyz.

Thoughts or suggestions on the list?

5 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I've got an event at the start of august and the battleplans were announced, In the presence of Idols, Close to the chest, the Nidus Paths, Won't back down, and the prize of Gallet. I'm thinking I might bring Kruleboyz.
I threw this list together

I tried to build it to the scenarios and new GHB.
From my analysis of the battlepack boltboyz are going to steal the show again, both Outmuscle and an eye for an eye should be fairly easy to score with their ranged damage, and they're fantastic idol units for in the presence of idols for the same reason.
Egomaniak sludgeraker is a pretty obvious pick, it keeps him safe and he's got better damage than the bird to score this one's mine.
Grinnin blades should make things difficult for any opponents that are trying to use ranged output to score safe BT, as well as protect fragile things like boltboyz.

Thoughts or suggestions on the list?

A friend is planning on running a very similar list at Nova Open in September so very curious to hear your feedback after the tournament.

Especially about:
- the absence of Expert Conquerors in the list
- the importance of having the choice for the first turn (low drop list)
- the impact of the Bounty Hunters (needed or not?)
- the Egomaniak Command Trait (mandatory or not?)
- the Killaboss on Vulcha (worth the points?)

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

3 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

A friend is planning on running a very similar list at Nova Open in September so very curious to hear your feedback after the tournament.

Especially about:
- the absence of Expert Conquerors in the list
- the importance of having the choice for the first turn (low drop list)
- the impact of the Bounty Hunters (needed or not?)
- the Egomaniak Command Trait (mandatory or not?)
- the Killaboss on Vulcha (worth the points?)

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

My initial thoughts on some of these before I play:

• Gutrippaz really benefit from bounty hunters, especially for scoring head-to-head, their mortals rip through most elite stuff, but big blobs of wounds could be a problem, bounty hunters helps with that immensely which makes the BT more achievable. If I was playing Big yellerz I might not bother bringing it, since boltboyz could score head-to-head pretty easily and I probably wouldn't bring a big block of gutrippaz.
  • Low drops are still valuable, Outmuscle is much easier to score if you go second, also in the battleplan "The prize of Gallet" the player going second each battle round chooses which objectives activate, and they aren't worth anything before that.
  • lack of expert conquerors is mostly just to keep the drops down, not sure how it'll pan out though.
  • Egomaniak might be overkill in grinnin blades
  • Vulture is the spice, although I've realized I could fit gobsprakk now, but I'm halfway through painting the killaboss variant, maybe I'll swap it if I get done painting quickly. Fast 'un + sneaky miasma gives me the option for 2 hero phase moves, on a fairly fast flying model, so its a neat tool if nothing else.

I plan to get some practice games to see how it feels, running the vulture as the general with a different command trait is a bit tempting, but it probably doesn't have the output to score "This one's mine" reliably (it averages around 10 damage).

2 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Gutrippaz really benefit from bounty hunters, especially for scoring head-to-head, their mortals rip through most elite stuff, but big blobs of wounds could be a problem, bounty hunters helps with that immensely which makes the BT more achievable. If I was playing Big yellerz I might not bother bringing it, since boltboyz could score head-to-head pretty easily and I probably wouldn't bring a big block of gutrippaz.

I really like your list! The only thing I would say is for you to pay attention in your pratice games to see how much bounty hunters actually is relevant for them. I still have to use Kruleboyz with the new GHB, but in the other games I got with my Sylvaneth so far the bounty hunter damage didn't matter that much. I either ended doing much more damage than needed (the unit would be wiped even without this extra damage) or my opponent avoided having GV units to not give free Victory points/tactics. If you end having the same impression, changing the bounty hunters for a expert conquerors could be a good choice.

Edited by Arzalyn

Got my first practice game in against nighthaunt, it was his first game with the new book, but it went pretty well. We played close to the heart.

I could screen out well with the hobgrots and gutrippaz, and the bounty hunter rippaz melted any GVs they attacked. Boltboyz as always really brought the heat.

A third shaman would've been nice, but I can't fit it in without cutting something useful. I also felt that maybe having the vulture as the general is the better choice, its easier to find opportunities to use kruleboyz waaagh!

On 7/9/2022 at 11:42 PM, Ganigumo said:

Got my first practice game in against nighthaunt, it was his first game with the new book, but it went pretty well. We played close to the heart.

I could screen out well with the hobgrots and gutrippaz, and the bounty hunter rippaz melted any GVs they attacked. Boltboyz as always really brought the heat.

A third shaman would've been nice, but I can't fit it in without cutting something useful. I also felt that maybe having the vulture as the general is the better choice, its easier to find opportunities to use kruleboyz waaagh!

May ask you something ?

Grinnin blades ability was useful ?

How gutrippaz performed with new rules ? 

Killaboss on vulca was useful ?

Thanks.

I am planning to run a very similar list but with 2 x 20 gutrippaz and 3x10 Hobgrot, and only 6 Boltboyz. 

8 hours ago, cyrus said:

May ask you something ?

Grinnin blades ability was useful ?

How gutrippaz performed with new rules ? 

Killaboss on vulca was useful ?

Thanks.

I am planning to run a very similar list but with 2 x 20 gutrippaz and 3x10 Hobgrot, and only 6 Boltboyz. 

Grinnin blades ability did nothing, he was playing nighthaunt and didn't really have anything in the list that cared about vision at range.
The 20 bounty hunter gutrippaz really put out a lot of damage against anything that was GV, they stuck around for a while but if I had positioned a bit worse they could've died very easily. They easily deleted 2 units (my opponent conceded before my 3rd turn at the bottom of BR 3).
The vulture didn't really impress me, but it wasn't dead weight either, I used its speed to nab objectives and dispel purple sun from arcane terrain, and it triple fought alongside the sludgeraker and gutrippaz. It failed to kill 20 chainrasps in one combat, but thats not very surprising as it only averages like 10 damage. I'll need to play with it a bit more but I could see it being a useful piece as its our fastest unit, by a pretty significant margin. I'm toying with making it the general instead of the sludgeraker because when you castle up the sludgeraker it can be tough to maneuver it into combat sometimes, and in order to use kruleboyz waaagh! the general needs to fight. The vulture can easily get where you need it to be so you can get the most out of the ability.
I think the biggest thing that led to my success though was being able to choose to go second. My castle protected me from alpha strikes, I got extra CP, and had full control over any double turns. Even when you're against alpha shooting the grinnin blades ability will protect your key pieces inside the castle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1