Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

10 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Everything else has a price reduction though? 

As previously stated Nagash for 975 needs to wreck everything, even though in the narrative he’s currently a disembodied spirit. 975 is way too much for Nagash unless there is something we just don’t know about his warscroll or how he interacts with the army.

No we know everything now, Nagash's warscroll is copy and paste of the old one, no Soulblight keyword but can be taken in a SBGL army as long as you take no other allies, and otherwise got slapped with an almost 100 point fine by the fun police. 

Loving the overreactions.

This book is rad, it needing nerfing in lots places and points hikes were also a necessary adjustment.

None of you naysayers gonna turn this ship around! 

Really happy with some of these changes.

Edited by warhammernerd
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If this book is a knee-****** reaction to some units being abused in the competitive scene, they've just made that problem even worse. 

The pool of units to be overused and abused seems to have concentrated. 

2 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

Loving the overreactions.

This book is rad, it needing nerfing in lots places BBC and points hikes were also a necessary adjustment.

None of you naysayers gonna turn this ship around! 

Really happy with some of these changes.

They're very valid reactions if you've ever played LoN. But by no means is this book "unplayable", it's just unimaginative and neutered rather harshly, during a period where LoN is hardly the meta style. You can definitely still have fun with it, just likely not in any competitive sense and probably within very few list combinations. Some of it is still cool and I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with for it, but it's not the upgrade most of us hoped for. 

40% win rate.  "needed nerfing."  😛

LoN got the nerf they needed, in the form of three years of power creep.

I'll still have fun with it in casual & narrative games, and I am still legitimately excited about the new models* but this is definitely feeling more like a vanity project/display shelf army.

* heck, with the smaller skelly max I might just pick up a box of them to throw in with the cursed city lot, since that's already a full unit.  I wasn't actually planning on buying any of them before the leak, at least not right now.

Maybe I'll convert them as grave guard.  Steal some grave guard heads, paint their weapons glowy, shouldn't need more than that.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sception said:

40% win rate.  "needed nerfing."  😛

LoN got the nerf they needed, in the form of three years of power creep.

I'll still have fun with it in casual & narrative games, and I am still legitimately excited about the new models* but this is definitely feeling more like a vanity project/display shelf army.

* heck, with the smaller skelly max I might just pick up a box of them to throw in with the cursed city lot, since that's already a full unit.  I wasn't actually planning on buying any of them before the leak, at least not right now.

For me, it's the exact opposite. I had a unit of 40 skellies and another unit of 20 that I felt like I should really expand to 40 to be useful. 

Well... That problem fixed itself! :D

• Like 1

My 100% favourite take so far is: 

"Hey bro, it's ok our army is bad bro because every army in AoS 3.0 will be bad bro" 

Yeah...

The same was said for 40k when points values went up. Turns out no, bad rules are bad rules. 

20 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

It's alright, just time to be super abusive with units. 

Vengorian Terrorgheist Avengorii spam, time to play some games. 

This is literally all I want to play right now. This and possibly all Blood Knights. I just love the Lauka Vai model and want her to lead an army of nightmares.

+++ MOD HAT +++

A reminder to older members and a note to new members.  TGA has a strictly "no leaked photo" policy.  As excited as we all are for the new battletome please refrain from posting poor photos where somebody has likely broken their NDA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm still processing all the information (yep, the leaks), and I'm pretty sure that the book will be really strong in tournaments. But I'm not sure if that's what I want really.

It seems that this army will have some powerful combos (3-layers of rules on 1 spammed unit or deathstars or just monster-smash), but I prefer to play an strong "thematic" army (I'm more of a narrative player than anything, even in tournaments). 

I wanted a Vyrkos armys, but I'm not sure that a mix of zombie-wolf lists is going to do anything relevant unless I just stack a blood knights or coven-throne shenanigans and this kind of stuff.

I will wait until 3.0 before buying anything, maybe the new hobgoblins are more of my taste (rules wise, the models of Soulblight are exquisite).

• Like 2

Coven Throne can turn Vhordrai into even more of a wrecking ball and a Vengorian Lord can make him extra difficult to kill. Give the latter the +3 inch to pile in from LoB or the once per battle give all the bonus around them from Kastelai for extra crunchiness. 

Also, Kritza is fun. 

22 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

Just read all the new warscrolls. You naysayers must be smoking crack. This book is legit good. Jog on phurlease.....

Just curious, what about the book do you think is good and why? 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Calling it now, LRL style split release incoming within a year. 

I literally can’t be bothered. It’s fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain, who isn’t a reactionary trigger finger toy thrower. It’s really good, look at the interactions. Anyone who can’t or won’t see it, is either stubborn or incapable of using even a scintilla of imagination. It’s not my job to spell it out for those people. 
Once that crowd have exhaled all their hot air, the rest of us will get into some really nice list writing and rules crunching. 
Couldn’t be happier.

Oh, has anyone seen or got a copy of the Nef warscroll yet?

Edited by warhammernerd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

I literally can’t be bothered. It’s fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain, who is a reactionary trigger finger toy thrower. It’s really good, look at the interactions. Anyone who can’t or won’t see it, is either stubborn or incapable of using even a scintilla of imagination. It’s not my job to spell it out for those people. 

I'm with you, there seems to be some pretty strong things the book allows you to do.

Yes I'm a bit hurt that standard vamps aren't the overblown killing machines they were in 8th Ed but there's plenty of other good stuff to compensate for that.

I think we will obviously have to adjust our playstyles from LoN but this doesn't appear to be the abattoir floor of a book I feared at any rate.

Can I vent my frustration?

So, I bought cursed city and was hoping to be able to play with the models.

-Bat and rat swarms have no rules
-Radukar got a beautiful model that you can't run with the other cursed city stuff, when it could have been handle as Morathi adding a rule to th normal one, stating that when it dies, on a roll of something+ you can transform him. This way it stays fluffy and you can run the beast alone.
-Vyrkos dynasty was made for Cursed City and is lore-heavy, HOWEVER the rules do not fit at all with the models inside cursed city and barely work with the other named characters. Furthermore, can they take the traits and relics, since they are named? Only the two non Cursed city models have the rule that makes them general in addition. So they have created a super fluff list that feels botched if I play it "as intended"?
-Cursed city gang got a price bump and most things got nerfed (maybe only Torgillius got a power up)

Overall I did not care wether the book was super good or not, nor if they force me to play all the Cursed city models, because its the vyrkos lore that they have told us since the first time they showed Cursed City. 
However, seeing that they obviously made rules that do not fit with those models, I have almost lost interest in building a new army.

Edited by Glaurung

Not sure if it was mentioned before. But Vanhel's Dance Macabre lasts until your next hero phase. So the affected unit could potentially fight another time twice if it is your oppenents turn afterwards, right? 

Might be nice for grave guards even if you only seem to be able to add attacks with the VP lords CA. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1