Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

On 5/9/2020 at 3:56 PM, GrimDork said:

If I’ve worked it out correctly he could potentially do 36 normal wounds + 8 mortal wounds in a round of combat. I know, never gonna roll that, but still that’s insane!
Really hope we don’t have to wait long.

I may not be doing the math right, but I do not get anywhere close to this.

You probably get 6 hits through on average Including the exploding 6s. On average you get 1 mortal wound through, and like 4 wounds x D3. Then if you get real lucky you get 12 damage, + the mortal, before saves, but more realistically you’re not getting that. Closer to like 6 to 8 damage before saves, which is good, but it’s not like broken.

29 minutes ago, Sleepers said:

I may not be doing the math right, but I do not get anywhere close to this.

You probably get 6 hits through on average Including the exploding 6s. On average you get 1 mortal wound through, and like 4 wounds x D3. Then if you get real lucky you get 12 damage, + the mortal, before saves, but more realistically you’re not getting that. Closer to like 6 to 8 damage before saves, which is good, but it’s not like broken.

Yes, I’m not talking averages, I’m saying maximum potential damage.

6 hits from Fangsword and Celennari blade hitting on 6’s becomes 12 hits (due to supreme sword master). If they all wound, and they all did 3 on the D3 damage that would be 36 wounds. Then if the Fangsword hits 8 wounded with 6’s, would be 8 mortal wounds on top.

I’m not great working out averages/probabilities etc, I’ll leave that to someone else!

44 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Makes me wonder what the bonus is against heroes? 
article says “increasing his damage”.
My guess is it will be a flat 3 damage, rather than D3?

If that is the case then yeah, he takes down a terrorgheist on average when fighting hero’s, which seems a bit much.

I’d hope the bonus was just like +1 to wound or something, otherwise he’s really going to punish any hero unlucky enough to get into melee with him.

Same. My hope/wishful thinking is that they were using these two weeks to replenish stock in as many LGS as they could and now, with a possible re-opening on the factory in the horizon (depending on what Johnson says today), they are going to start releasing the new things that they had in the warehouse (AKA the new miniatures of the Mechanicus and the Battlebox of the Lumineth). Let's see what WH Community says today ^^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sleepers said:

I’d hope the bonus was just like +1 to wound or something, otherwise he’s really going to punish any hero unlucky enough to get into melee with him.

Probably not going to be +1 to wound rolls since he already gets that when charging, so far GW don't seem to double down on redundant rules to that extent. But it's probably also not a flat 3 damage per attack since that would be crazy as you say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Falkman said:

I guess this means no releases until June. I'm surprised they won't be ready to do a pre-order next weekend for the collector's box.

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Ah that’s a little boring, I don’t really care about endless spells. Ah well, still interesting to see, and for those who like them. 

I’m excited, if just for the fact it means they have more Lumineth models to show us. There could be more still?

10 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

So who’s as foolish as me, excitedly (ignorantly) awaiting for them to announce later that the Lumineth box will go up for pre-order next week? 

Exactly what I expected - an now that Johnson announced that everyone who can't work from home should be going back to their work place - I expect also totally reasonably - that all of GW factory workers are back at their work place Monday morning 7am to churn out Lumineth. 

But jokes aside - I think that we could see the pre-order announcement this week and actually pre-order the box next Saturday. 

And Endless Spells - weeeeeeeeee. 

Remember, we aren't sure when the Lumineth box was supposed to drop before the pandemic forced the shut-down. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get the box before the end of the month, but best not to expect anything at this point. Global pandemics and all, you know! 

Endless Spells, though? Colour me excited, especially as we know there's at least one more hero they've yet to officially show off (the mounted character) so hopefully we get a return to regular Lumineth previews! 

Whatever the initial release is, I think GW wants to get this out. This is a big product, and the fact it was delayed for so long probably hurt them more than anything else in the pipeline right now. I wonder if the models we have now are just the things they managed to get before the world shut down, and as soon as the factories are up and running we will get the other half  they were planning on getting out...

or it it could be the kraken rum talking, I don’t know.

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

I recall some people saying at reveal that writers / designers talked about elemental temples, perhaps they could be a potential terrain piece if we are to get one? Unless that was just fluff for battatlions / enclave types.

Yes, there are four elemental temples each dedicated to an elemental spirit (Zenith, River, Wind, and Mountain). The Lumineth call these elemental spirits Aelementor, and the Lumineth who are dedicated to them Aelementiri. Each of the Aelementiri seems to be organizing themselves in a temple. Although it's a bit unclear if there are sub-temples within them (for example within the Mountain temple, sub-temples for the Stoneguards and the Stonemages respectively), or if the temples are only those sub-temples. 

So far we have only seen units and spirits from the Mountain culture (likely called Alarith). They seem to come from the nation of Ymetrica (although it's not clear if this is exclusively so or not, and if the other spirits are also associated with one of the other nations or not). 

We have seen a glimpse of spells, items and abilities for the Lumineth. They are all named after the 4 Teclian nations (Zairec, Ymetrica, Syar and Iliatha), so it could be that those are the bases for the "enclaves". But it could be also that the temples are that, or that temples are equivalent to one of the nations. Battalions is also possible of course for each of those options. 

For a terrain piece I think it's more likely we get an aetherquartz tower/building than one of the temples. A mountain is also possible. If the Lumineth get terrain at all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

[...] A mountain is also possible [...]

We already have one of those, the one that moooves 😁 

Jokes aside, I'd love to see some aetherquartz stuff adorning battlefields around. I also think they'll use the temples as a means of providing artifacts and abilities rather than terrain. We can always try to convert the new Seraphon pyramid into something more Lumineth-y though.

I'm so thrilled for the endless spells! Will we see them today?

• Haha 1

Interesting, 220pts is reasonable through considering everything we have seen for eltharion.  In fact the points seem average in terms of what the unit does and how much it costs.

I finally worked out what was bugging me about this image, and having seen the larger version on reddit (copy below) its the lack of anything new, and even no endless spells for us to puzzle over. oh well.

Edited by Yuviel Lightbringer
add info

GW is smart. It’s the force from Ymetrica. They probably expected that something like this would happen. So they used all the models we know. Does that mean we don’t get more? Who knows. The Endless Spells are also not included. 

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 1

Something else of note, basically confirms Eltharion isn’t a mage, he hasn’t taken a spell like the other mages. 

edit: I know Teclis doesn’t either, but I assume that’s because, being the Archmage, he most likely gets access to all of them.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 2