Aos 2 - Lumineth Realm-Lords Discussion

HollowHills

the Only fear I have with a possible Teclis is that it would stop us from getting a second centerpiece model. I would really like a captain or lord on a monster a bit more than Tyrion, seeing as how we can build our own narrative heroes in this sense compared to having a singular god model. In fact so far the only heroes we have seen are ‘named characters’ which is a little worrisome for people who want to forge their own narrative.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

the Only fear I have with a possible Teclis is that it would stop us from getting a second centerpiece model. I would really like a captain or lord on a monster a bit more than Tyrion, seeing as how we can build our own narrative heroes in this sense compared to having a singular god model. In fact so far the only heroes we have seen are ‘named characters’ which is a little worrisome for people who want to forge their own narrative.

DoK got Morathi and the big ole cauldron! We could have two big centrepieces!

15 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

DoK got Morathi and the big ole cauldron! We could have two big centrepieces!

I think he meant Tyrion. Also it’d be the only faction to have 2 huge named character centrepiece god models. So yeah I don’t think Tyrion is going to make it into the faction as a model. The other centrepiece model will be a dude riding a cool beasty or a big, intelligent beasty by itself imo. The only thing I could sort of see happening if Tyrion DID get a model, would be a duel kit, to make a (for example) Lord dude on a dragon, or Tyrion on a dragon, and there’d be head and weapon swaps. Like Volternis for Idoneth or the undead horse mounted dude for Ossiarchs.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Athrawes said:

I loved Geokenisis for space marines in 7th edition 40k. I would love for some abilities like that. My favorite was called " Shifting Worldscape" being able to pick up and redeploy a terrain feature doing damage to units that were inside the terrain as you move it across the board. Anything less than this and i will be disappointed. Imagine being able to redeploy enemy faction specific terrain?

High Magic actually had a "move a hill with devastating conseqences" spell in WHFB

Seems almost a guarantee we'll get an Archer unit, but I'm really curious about what else they'll bring to the table. Did I read correctly that even the basic infantry are units of wizards? I'd love a more martial-oriented spin on an all-caster army as a counter-point to Tzeentch, something that fits thematically alongside the Sacrosanct chamber, perhaps?

I've been wondering about the souls. Maybe this have been clearified in Idoneth or DoK lore. But what happens to the souls that are retreived from Slaanesh once their new forms die. Is there a new afterlife for the souls that are saved from Slaanesh, or do they reicarnate?  Dot they go to Nagash eventually? 

Also, I think in the rulebook it says that the realmstone from Hysh is a gas, that is then trapped in eatherquartz. I wonder if this is still the case?

5 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I've been wondering about the souls. Maybe this have been clearified in Idoneth or DoK lore. But what happens to the souls that are retreived from Slaanesh once their new forms die. Is there a new afterlife for the souls that are saved from Slaanesh, or do they reicarnate?  Dot they go to Nagash eventually? 

Also, I think in the rulebook it says that the realmstone from Hysh is a gas, that is then trapped in eatherquartz. I wonder if this is still the case?

the idoneth have special infinity circuits Coral where they store idoneth souls so that they can be safe from slaanesh. I know that at least, but I have no clue about the daughters of Khaine. I think them and the cities of sigmar aelves go to shyish, but can go to an afterlife or something and not directly to nagash?

soul wars kinda explained this. I think sigmar has ways to make the souls Rest In Peace in certain cities, so I imagine that some of the other aelves have that too.

It actually makes me wonder if the Light of Eltharion might be the first of, or leader of, something similar to the Aeldari Wraithguard.  Spirits of old warriors that are protectors of the Lumineth, but at the same time it's safeguarding their souls from both Slaanesh and Nagash.  And potentially Sigmar too, as I doubt the Twins would want Sigmar poaching their people for the Stormcast.

7 hours ago, elfhead said:

In Malign Sorcery it says that Hysh is light, which is transformed into translucent prisms that are called aetherstone. Once solidified it shows runes or symbols. And so far only the Aelves have made any sense of those symbols. I think the mirror like things that Teclis is wearing in the art and the model is aetherstone. Probably we hear more about that next week when they talk about the runes. 

On 2/1/2020 at 6:18 AM, JackStreicher said:

Can you share the image, please? 🙂

Here it is: 

EAI3VIBXYAE0x8j.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree, Chamon shows dragons for example in the same way. I just saw that and wanted to show it so that people know exactly how it looks like. 

Tyrion is called the Lord of Lumination, and in the way they describe him and Teclis in the lowdown, it would be a bit strange if Tyrion is the leader of a separate faction: "With the peerless martial prowess of Tyrion and the enlightened teachings of Teclis driving their every action on the battlefield, the Lumineth Realm-lords are the art of war made manifest."

Edit: Of course they still could get "Angel Aelves" within the same faction. Maybe some of the bonding/channelling of the wind/azyr spirits leads to that, at least temporally. Or something like that. 

Edited by LuminethMage

22 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

It actually makes me wonder if the Light of Eltharion might be the first of, or leader of, something similar to the Aeldari Wraithguard.  Spirits of old warriors that are protectors of the Lumineth, but at the same time it's safeguarding their souls from both Slaanesh and Nagash.  And potentially Sigmar too, as I doubt the Twins would want Sigmar poaching their people for the Stormcast.

I actually hope it's the opposite. I hope that Eltharion is the only model in the range that's like that. It makes him even more unique (even if he becomes a durthu like semi-named hero) and it gives the potential swordmasters some depth of still being mortal and yet fighting masterfully. That may just be me though. Plus, I really do not want stuff almost directly copied / pasted into AoS from 40k, like the dead heroes sort of thing.

• Like 1

@Acid_Nine Oh, I totally agree.  I want the Lumineth to be their own, new, unique evolution of the High Elves of old.  I'm just not entirely sure I trust GW to come through with that.  They've already started to develope parallels between the two factions.  Even towards the end of WHFB and the World-That-Was, they were starting to develope an Infinity Circuit analogue with the Waystones around Ulthuan. 

So I've been looking at the images of the models again trying to think of a paint scheme,( So far the Blood Elf scheme, red and gold with green magic, but might change my mind). And I realize there is one thing I dont like about the models. They have no neck protection, especially on the calvary!!!!

Edited by Casandora Yellow
Added exclamation point for dramatic effect