Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

2 hours ago, peasant said:

Just come to leave this here

IMG-20210813-WA0044.jpg

It is honestly our bane. It’s incredibly strong. We also know from the post:Β https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/13/mob-em-skewer-em-or-zap-em-three-ways-to-waaagh-in-the-new-orruk-warclans-battletome/Β 

Under β€œBrave Shootaz” that Beast-Skewer Killbows have a range of 24” with 27” under the BigΒ Yellers clan. They have a to hit of 2+ if they don’t move. We don’t know of their to wound and rend, but I asumeΒ it won’t be bad either. This unit is a prime counter to Sons and needs to be focussed. I tested out vs a Mega-Gargant,Β theΒ amount of rolls never gave me less than a total of 9 damage and often I maxed out at 12 damage. If this thing hits home, it hits us HARD. Even 10W monsters, it hits like a truck. Debuffing or focusing might be needed, or in this case running a stomper tribe with 9 Mancrushers might be the best way to handle this type of specialization. More targets will make it rougher to focus key areas down for them, and in the stomper tribe you can move forward, try to get in that 18” range and chuck rocks at them with multiple units.

Edited by That Guy
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Karazla said:

How did you do the centaur one

That’s a Soul Grinder torso and chassis,Β slaughter brute head, dankhold troggoth arms and shaft and hands, random bits for the flail head, mauler fiend armor, and the legs are from a vintage HeMan robot horse called Stridor (pretty cheap on eBay or flea markets/garage sale). Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, peasant said:

Just come to leave this here

IMG-20210813-WA0044.jpg

Ugh, saw that today. Β I imagine they’ll be single artillery pieces limited to 4 per 2k. Hopefully not reinforceable. Β  And they’ll be poison for the cherry on top πŸ’Β 

• Like 1

So the Core Battalions have been leaked:
Bosses of the stomp - Mandatory: 2 MegasΒ (Optional 1-2 Megas)Β - Ability: Unified or Magnificent
FootsloggasΒ -Β Mandatory:Β 2 Mancrusher units (OptionalΒ 1 Manchrusher unit, 1 Mega) -Β Ability:Β Unified or Swift
Grand Strategy
Make the Land Tremble! - ScoreΒ at the end of the game ifΒ friendly units made a run or charge move in every battle round.Β 
Battle Tactics
'That's Mine!':Β 
Pick one objective not in your territory. You complete the tactic if you kick it wholly within your territory.
Wrecking Crew:Β Demolish a faction terrain feature from your opponents army.
Manskittles(My favourite name): Warstomper uses Hurl Body, the model picked is slain,Β an enemy battleline unit is picked as the target, and that unit suffers any mortal wounds.

Edited by PlayerJ
Because
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, PlayerJ said:

Bosses of the stomp - Mandatory: 2 MegasΒ (Optional 1-2 Megas)Β - Ability: Unified or Magnificent
FootsloggasΒ -Β Mandatory:Β 2 Mancrusher units (OptionalΒ 1 Manchrusher unit, 1 Mega) -Β Ability:Β Unified or Swift
Grand Strategy
Make the Land Tremble! - ScoreΒ at the end of the game ifΒ friendly units made a run or charge move in every battle round.Β 
Battle Tactics
Pick one objective not in your territory. You complete the tactic if you kick it wholly within your territory.
Manskittles(My favourite name): Warstomper uses Hurl Body, the model picked is slain,Β an enemy battleline unit is picked as the target, and that unit suffers any mortal wounds.

Ah, the game of Skittles,when I first saw this on another post my first thought was the candy.Makes more sense and not quite as gross.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:26 AM, Karazla said:

Β 

Sylvaneth bomb list work like this: they cast the spell they get +2 to cast. That stacks with the roll. The warsong rolls 3d3 and choices two to cast with. Aka he threw like a maniac. Every turn he does the same and the plus to casting spell stacks with itself. so first turn is : 3d6 pick 2 plus 2 and next turn plus 4 etc. He rolls per unit in range from the spellportal he cast earlier. He gets this bonus on al his other spells. YouΒ cant stop that train.Β 
Β 

Β 

Hi, I have sylvanth and I can't understand how you accumulate that 2+ each turn because I understand the throne of vines and the 3d6 artifact but I don't understand how you can accumulate each turn. Can you name how it gets there?

2 hours ago, Nezgor said:

Hi, I have sylvanth and I can't understand how you accumulate that 2+ each turn because I understand the throne of vines and the 3d6 artifact but I don't understand how you can accumulate each turn. Can you name how it gets there?

You just cast it every turn without moving

Edited by HostilSpike
Typo
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Nezgor said:

Its like what hostilspike says.Β 

Β 

Took my SoB to a tournament this weekend, pretty competitive event with some experienced players around. Lists and results: https://tabletop.to/battle-of-copenhagen-summer-30. Did not have the new battalions of course, so I played taker tribe with Kraken eater with glowy lantern, GB with amulet, Stomper and 3x1 man unit of mancrushers.

Had some really tough matches, but managed to score all battle tactics every game for 4 wins and 1 draw to win the tournament in the end on Strength og Schedule Tie breaker to nr. 2 who also did 4 wins with all secondaries (5 battle tactics and 1 grand strategy complete for max 6 points per game in addition).Β 

Game 1 (Power Struggle):

I was super nervous about, as this was Scarbrand with 3 bloodthirsters and a demon prince of khorne, to combo that 18" half run/charge debuff as well as his own 16" aura of pile in and engage within 6". A max angry scarbrand with a bloodsecrator and fight twice (reapers of vengance) is 32-64 MW in output, not to even consider his other dmg 3 weapon, so I knew megas would get 1 shotted by this guy.Β 

Due to the demon prince and redeploy I could not hope to charge anything important, without scarbrand simply doing a pile in counter. Also the 2 insensate rage thirsters would blow up mancrushers just with their 8" 4 MW explodes alone, so I chose to spread out as much as possible. With a good reposition at least I could force a charge, and if charged I could at least try to roar to prevent 2 combat activations and possibly fight back before dying.Β 

In the end it ended up 30-24 points, as I managed by round 3 to kill the demon prince as I had focused all my shooting possible on him, with the gatebreakers big rock hitting his smug face at last ;)Β 

Game 2 (Tooth and Nail):

Came up against the previous tournament winner with a Morathi + 2x15 bow sneks list. This started out BAD, I tried to engage in a cheeky way with my Kraken Eater BR 1, but ate a horrendous amount of mortal wounds from unleash hell, whiffed everything and by my oppoenents turn ate hero phase and regular shooting as well as a 6 MW spell from little morathi. a dire miscalculation. I managed to turn it around, having 1 mancrusher and a gatebreaker left in the end, winning on points. Morathi is just a beast, but his list was hurting to get out there and capture points in time.

Game 3 (Tectonic Interferrence):

Faced of against a StD Archaon (mark of tzeentch for reroll 1s save)Β list here, this was the most simple win, he did not really do much besides kill 2 small gargants with Archaon, tank everything turn 1 and then when turn 2 came he did not have as many save buffs as the first time, with roar going off and mystic shield unbound by the kraken eater (yay wizard gargant) and he already used finest hour, he was only at +1 save from warshrine prayer, so quickly folded to a buffed up gatebreaker. The rest of the list was easily dealt with.

Game 4 (The Vice):

Opponent played KO with a kitchen sink style of list, with 2 ironclads and Gotrek, endrinmaster, navigator and 3 arkanaut units. He tried to brind down my warstomper which was the most isolated on the flank, I had anticipated this and used finest hour on him. He put down both ironclads behind some terrain, blocking them off with arkanauts from 1 boat and getting gotrek to run to stand next to the rear of the boats with the terrain at the flank. His shooting only managed to do 16 damage total to the warstomper, due to finest hour and all out defence, he had 3+ save against everything. I gamled on my turn, getitng mystic shield and finest hour on the gatebreaker, I sent him up to the back of the boats with Gotrek, charging him in to take the unleash hell+last word, which did 0 dmg (3+ save and 5+ ward + whiffs).

Warstomper went into the arkanauts, rest of the army spread out to begin grabbing objectives everywhere. Gatebreaker charged gotrek, but with pile and reach he could get everything into the boat, with all out attack and finest hour the boat got crushed. Warstomper cleared out the front pretty well too. Gatebreaker even with mystic shield and finest hour and 5+ ward ended up with 13 wounds left after Gotrek had his way.

KO got the turn and he went for broke to get the warstomper down with broken ranks tactic, putting his final boat into him and charging (with my MW ram endrinworks), but failed to do more than 6 dmg total, the boat took 11 dmg back, putting him in a dire spot. Gotrek of course wiped out the gatebreaker, taking 1 dmg himself (which he healed later). After finishing the boat the game was mine, even though Gotrek managed to catch my warstomper with a 12" charge and kill him AND a mancrusher. I won big on points and all battle tactics. Gotrek at full wounds having killed 2 megas and a mancrusher (much balance for 430 pts).

Game 5 (Marking territory).

Extremely tough opponent, despite him having a weird list with 8 scourgerunner chariots, hurricanum, Celestant prime and you guessed it, Gotrek. I had the upper hand in the beginning, with my mancrusher mucking up his center and sneaking up behind, my Kraken eater sneaking up and holding 1 of his backline objectives, moving in on that last objective to instant win. All I had to do was not lose any of the 3 megas at full wounds, and then in BR 3 if he took the turn, I could simply burn his and instant win, if I got the turn, I could simply run on his objective and win.

In his turn he managed to make a 11" charge to my Stomper and outright slay him, making me lose that point... So the game dragged on, he blocked the board with chariots all over, I just kept clear of Gotrek as much as possible. In the end it was a draw I had 2 megas left and he had gotrek (he almost killed the gatebreaker as well, but I retreated him) and 4 chariots left.Β 

Final thoughts

Sons are very strong now, the new commands and finest hour alone is great. Glowy lantern was great too, mystic shield allowed me some great plays and unbinding a mystic shield as well allowed me to take Archaon down way easier in game 3 especially. I loved having 3 units of just 1 mancrusher in taker tribe, they are super flexible and the 3 big guys are good enough to not need more hammers. They still manged to do damage though, especially with a nice charge in game 2, 1 mancrushers killed 7 snakes and 5 ran to battle shock, magnificent almost 500 pts worth of unit dead.

Amulet of Destiny is a MUST, it is so so good on megas, going on the gatebreaker he can tank so much more, I cant imagine doing a competitive list without it. Glowy lantern was also much better than if I had -1 to be hit in combat, I used the Kraken eater more as utility in most games, being the last to engage with anything tough. With the new battalions I could see going for an artifact more instead of lower drops, choosing either arcane tome for the warstomper, or possibly manticore venom for +1 wound on his club, to make his output more reliable.

2 models brought me no end of pain and annoynce though. 2 games I faced a demon prince of Khorne, that 18" half charge and run aura is so painful and annoying. Of course Gotrek is the second, 430 pts and he could easily solo an entire Sons army if he wanted without breaking a sweat, it is so incredibly overpowered that it is no wonder 3 lists in the top 5 of the tournament had a Gotrek along.

Unfortunately I think stomper tribe is a bit left in the dust, it hurts bad to not be able to use regular commands on the general, reinforcement limits and meta also makes it even less likely to face hordes for the dmg bonus. Breaker tribe will be viable again with the enhancement battalion, so they can get amulet of destiny (as they need to take the first from sub faction, 27.4 core rules). Breaker is not as needed as before due to all out attack and titanic duel, but still nice to have, especially if you bring little guys to the party, which makes them much more reliable. Counting for 10-15 or 20-30 did not really make much difference from Taker, I cant think of a situation where it ended up making the difference at least.

Β 

Some images from Game 3:

Ingen tilgængelig beskrivelse.

Β 

Archaon clearly compensating for something:

Game 5: So many chariots

It might look dangerous with all those big guys with nothing but pistoliers and chariots in the way, but there is a little guy on a 32mm base that can easily kill them all!:

Β 

Edited by Scurvydog
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

WoW, Gotrek sounds ridiculous!Β  I haven't ever faced him yet.Β  My buddy and I planning a 3K practice match.Β  He's thinking of using Soulblight, but I'm gonna see if he has enough Order to do anything with Gotrek yet.Β 

I haven't fought DoK or KO yet either.Β  Really gotta get more practice in somewhere soon.Β  I've fought Seraphon a little bit but not enough.Β Β 

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

WoW, Gotrek sounds ridiculous!Β  I haven't ever faced him yet.Β  My buddy and I planning a 3K practice match.Β  He's thinking of using Soulblight, but I'm gonna see if he has enough Order to do anything with Gotrek yet.Β 

I haven't fought DoK or KO yet either.Β  Really gotta get more practice in somewhere soon.Β  I've fought Seraphon a little bit but not enough.Β Β 

I faced him twice. First time with Mawtribes and second with Sons. Thats just my opinion but he is rediculous overpowered and he makes games unfun and awfull. Battleplans with 3 objectives are almost an autowin for him. Unfortunality almost every Order List will take him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Karazla said:

do oure tribes count as subfactions? i think they arent because they are in addition not like a real choice like the rest of the people. SO i dont think rule 27.4 counts for us. Can be wrong tho.Β 

Thanks for the write upΒ 

It is an allegiance that includes both command traits and artifacts, meaning the general HAS to take that trait and the first artifact MUST be from that allegiance.

New battalions make it super easy to get an artifact enhancement though. With my same list I would just go for 2 megas in bosses of the stomp for an artifact and then the last gargant and 3 mancrushers in footsloggas, so would again end up with 3 drops and simply an artifact more than before.

This gives a few options, as I would always take the glowy lantern and amulet in that list, so the enhancement would allow either a different command trait or another artifact. Many choices are super close here, but I think my priority would be:

1. Kraken sandals (ups kraken eater average output by about 2,5 damage). I considered manticore venom for the stomper for +1 wound on the titanic club, however it only increases hit output by around 2 and these attack degrade, the kraken eater stomp attacks do not degrade and makes him a larger threat and rend 3 is super important now too.

2. Arcane tome on the stomper. Unbinds are great to have, also found I almost always wanted a mystic shield up on the kraken eater, so having the option for flaming weapon is cool on the stomper. Against non super caster armies this will really increase his output significantly.

3. Trait for the Kraken Eater. With an extra artifact you can choose not to go very acquisative for the amulet (best artifact ever on a mega), so you can choose a different one while keeping amulet + glowy lantern. Here I would go with the -1 to be hit in combat, or perhaps reroll 1s to save, which also helps against all the shooting going around.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

It is an allegiance that includes both command traits and artifacts, meaning the general HAS to take that trait and the first artifact MUST be from that allegiance.

I disagree, unlike the usual subfaction rules, the Tribes do not state anywhere that the command trait and artefact have to come from that list (I would obviously argue against trying to take them from a different Tribe of course). I see no reason why you couldn’t take the universal ones insteadΒ 

On 8/14/2021 at 11:44 AM, PlayerJ said:

Grand Strategy
Battle Tactics

Any word on if we have points changes? Furthermore, have they changed the Mightier Makes Rightier values?

9 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I disagree, unlike the usual subfaction rules, the Tribes do not state anywhere that the command trait and artefact have to come from that list (I would obviously argue against trying to take them from a different Tribe of course). I see no reason why you couldn’t take the universal ones insteadΒ 

It was stated under the subfactions before yes, but now they made a catch all rule in 3.0:

27.4 SUBFACTION ALLEGIANCE ABILITIES
Sometimes the rules for a subfaction will give you access to a further set
of allegiance abilities.

If the allegiance abilities for a subfaction include
a command trait and the general of your army has the keyword for that
subfaction, then that command trait must be the one you give to your
general.

If the allegiance abilities for a subfaction include an artefact
of power and any Heroes in your army have the keyword for that
subfaction, then that artefact of power must be the first artefact of power
given to one of those Heroes.

Β 

Tribes do not function like other subfactions though, usually there is a single Command Trait and Artefact you are forced to take and the subfaction rules specifically state this, whereas Tribes have a full list of Command Traits and Artefacts to choose from with no specific requirement to take them. Keep in mind that Sons do not have a list of generic ones and must choose a Tribe to access them at all (note however that choosing a Tribe is not mandatory unlike the Slaves To Darkness legions which state you must choose a Legion)

personally I think it’s a little unclear, but the intention should be that they can choose from the universal ones instead if they wantΒ 

• Like 2

Hi all

I'm really keen to try Sons and run 4 megas. Just wondering how much scope there is in the kit there is to customise. The test list I wrote has 2 Kraken-Eaters. Are there ways of making them look different using just the contents of the mega gargant box?

• Like 1

Good news…. Get to play 3.0 for first time tonight with my Sons.

Bad news… Still struggling to wrap my head around the last building mechanics especially in relation to some of this new stuff.

The unit choice for the list I’m pretty comfortable with.

Kraken-eater

Gatebreaker

Warstomper

1x Mancrusher

1x Mancrusher

1x Mancrusher

prior to new SoB battalion announcement my basic idea was to run Taker tribe to get access to Very Acquisitive CT and thus access to the Amulet (I’d read it the same as @ScurvydogΒ that I had to take the first Artefact from tribe, as similar to Soulblight the multiple options for each sub-faction seems to be way 3.0 going to go… guess we’ll see with SCE and Warclans tomes soon…).

If I understand the leek correctly I could now take a Magnificent Bosses of the Stomp to get an additional Artefact. Β That could allow me to go back to Breaker Tribe w/Exteme LoathingΒ and go Portcullis + Amulet. Β Really liked those +1s in Combat Phase…

Or I can stick with Taker and add some magic to my list with Glowy Lantern + Amulet. Β The question them is do I have to use the extra enhancement to get Flaming Sword or once my Kraken-Eater is a Wizard can he take it as his lore spell basic enhancement and I could use that extra enhancement on something else.

Apologies for confusion but given Sons uniqueness for whatever reason my brain locking up on them as I try and move to new rules…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ADDriot said:

Hi all

I'm really keen to try Sons and run 4 megas. Just wondering how much scope there is in the kit there is to customise. The test list I wrote has 2 Kraken-Eaters. Are there ways of making them look different using just the contents of the mega gargant box?

While I wait for my own answers will try and help with this one. Β The β€œcore” of the model (think body & limbs) is shared and there is tons left over from the other two options once you’ve chosen your build (great fun forΒ kitbashing other models). Β The shared body means you could certainly try a headswap or a hand swap here or there to mix it up but given how closely associated each head and weapon choice is with a specific warscroll you may have to do β€œsomething” to help your opponent distinguish the headswapped model, for example, as still being a Kraken-eater. Β Thus could be as simple as green stuff to change hair. Β I can definitely picture converting the warstomper head into a preset classic Poseidon look with green stuff for example.

Best of luck and post pictures with what you try.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ADDriot said:

Hi all

Magnetizing the arms and hands with some quick setting epoxy-putty (kinda like plumber's repair putty from the hardware store) is really easy to do.Β 

The heads are a little harder but very do-able.Β  What I did (and I'll take a picture later tonight) was to again use the putty, inside the back of the head to stick a paper clip, though a strip of thin sheet steel is better, and have it protrude long enough down into the torso-back, and have a magnet stuck to the inside of the torso.Β  Thus the head can be removed easily but stay in place as needed.

The body bits for decoration I would just mix and match a bit from each type, or just trophy bits from random assortments.

Β 

Β 

19 hours ago, ADDriot said:

Hi all

So here is how it is. Each Mega has their own neck + head available as bitz that you can build. Each Mega also has their own hands + weapon. So you will always have these for all 3 Mega. Now when it comes to the rest of the body, it wants you to pick a pose out of 3 choices. There’s the body and than that gets put on a certain combination of legs. It is intended that you pick a specific pose for a specific Mega, but you really don’t have to. You see. The neck part of all 3 Mega, slot in snuggly and you don’t even have to magnetize those, you can freely swap around. The hands of all giants fit in all arms and you only have to magnetize the hands. That’s your customizibility. Let me just drop this here:Β 

Β 

Now… when it comes to building your Mega’s… technically you could make all 3 out of 1 kit… but you gotta kitbash/ print some, including using 3rd party models, like the Mantic Giant. For this just google β€œKitbash Mega-Gargant”. If you do this, you can make 1 original one and 2 kitbashed ones. Know though that if you play at Games Workshops, that’s of course not accepted, but for private games at home with friends or for your personal cabinet, it could work.Β 

• Like 2

Played first game last night though still uncertain if the list I used for my Sons was compliant given my uncertainty around the White Dwarf battalions and what Artefacts and Lore Spells are allowed. Β 
Β 

Taker Tribe

Beast Master Grand Strategy

Magnificent Bosses of the Stomp Battalion

Kraken-eater General w/Very Acquisitive CT and Glowy Lantern Artefact & Flaming Sword Lore Spell (again, not sure if that requires an extra enhancement I do not have… but never used preferring Mystic Shield throughout game)

Warstomper w/Amulet of Destiny Artefact

Swift Footsloggas Battalion

Gatebreaker w/Portcullis Artefact (one I was most uncertain if I could take if not in Breaker Tribe… but again, not much of a factor as saw the least combat)

We played Savage Gain Battleplan. Β My opponent was running a FLoSH, HoTT, 2x SHBR, 2x2 Mournfang a Butcher and an Icebrow Hunter. Β Not an optimized list but lots of utility and plenty of punch.

8AF1089C-2F8D-4581-8654-3BA6F980B4B9.jpeg.644005b1204838c5d0cdfcb65de6b40f.jpeg

I chose to go first and right off the bat made a 3.0 mistake in failing to declare my battle tactic. Β Had chosen to go first to get the claim objectives one but yeah, live & learn. Β But basic strategy was to throw Stomper w/Amulet fwd and force my opponent to fight him, hoping that by the time he fell their force would be depleted enough.

66BD4B10-1C6C-4F3E-9919-B212B7405D36.jpeg.81bd0fc464b24a7f2b276cb8c2b57bd7.jpeg

Basically went to plan though my Mancrusher failing two charge rolls of 3” to rush into the gap he left (by which time the FLoSH was where the SHBRs are above…) made it a little more interesting. Β Kraken-eater vs FLoSH became very interesting when we both had loaded up on buffs in R3 that effectively cancelled each other out but I came out slightly better for it and with more wounds to spare finished it off the next turn when neither of us was nearly as buffed.

DC994F1F-9DE4-4DE9-B0BA-27C7FAA6F787.jpeg.5ca5d6975049d9c9235dc9459d182edd.jpeg

We’d ended R2 tied 10-10 but by end of R3 I was up handily and my opponent conceded with no path to victory and only theirΒ Butcher between my GatebreakerΒ and the high scoring objective on their border.

F38C8E1E-E42B-42D0-B908-244802A4D971.jpeg.c05f7ceae0431498cecdd16901dfd4cb.jpeg
Β 

So plenty of mistakes made and, as noted, still a lot o& uncertainty regarding the list compliance but got a decent feel for new rules and really like how Sons play in them.

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

Taker Tribe

Beast Master Grand Strategy

Magnificent Bosses of the Stomp Battalion

Kraken-eater General w/Very Acquisitive CT and Glowy Lantern Artefact & Flaming Sword Lore Spell (again, not sure if that requires an extra enhancement I do not have… but never used preferring Mystic Shield throughout game)

Warstomper w/Amulet of Destiny Artefact

Swift Footsloggas Battalion

Gatebreaker w/Portcullis Artefact (one I was most uncertain if I could take if not in Breaker Tribe… but again, not much of a factor as saw the least combat)

Β 

The Gatebreaker is not allowed to take an artifact from the Breaker Tribe, as you are playing Taker Tribe only your Kraken Eater can take artifacts from the allegiance.Β 

I'd recommend in that list to instead put the amulet on the gatebreaker and then give the Kraken Eater The Sandals as artifact nr 2 as he can take 2 due to very acquisitive, or possible give him the trait Old and Gnarly, as rerolling 1s to save can be pretty sweet.Β 

Other options include getting manticore venom on the Warstompers club (if you are aggressive with him and less aggressive with the Kraken Eater). Sandals on the Kraken is slightly better average damage increase, and rend 3 is also super important now more than ever though, the sandals also stack fine with finest hour. You could also give the stomper an arcane tome, so you have the option for flaming weapon as well as mystic shield, while also more often get some lucky unbinds or endless spell dispels.

Flaming weapon is fine to take. You get 1 spell enhancment for free when making an army, so you can take flaming weapon from the universal lore no problem. You could take ghost mist or levitate on the other if you have an arcane tome, just in case you might want to use those.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

The Gatebreaker is not allowed to take an artifact from the Breaker Tribe, as you are playing Taker Tribe only your Kraken Eater can take artifacts from the allegiance.Β 

Thanks for the follow up as means either take second Kraken-eater (instead of Warstomper?), double-dip with the one Kraken-eater on Artefacts, or rely on the Universal Artefacts. Β Biased, if I go 3 Artefact route, to the latter two. Β And thank you for clarification on lore spell as well.