Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

On 7/17/2020 at 9:08 PM, a74xhx said:

Sadly we have none.

No endless spells or scenery either.

I was really really hoping we would get a piece of Scenery. It just makes so much sense seeing as we are getting one kit. What would you like to have seen used as a piece of Scenery? I was thinking the crumpled ruins of a Behemetian temple wouldve been awesome. Or torn up trees in the form of a camp wouldve been cool, Gargant sized huts that look like towers or fortifications to other Mortals.

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I was really really hoping we would get a piece of Scenery. It just makes so much sense seeing as we are getting one kit. What would you like to have seen used as a piece of Scenery? I was thinking the crumpled ruins of a Behemetian temple wouldve been awesome. Or torn up trees in the form of a camp wouldve been cool, Gargant sized huts that look like towers or fortifications to other Mortals.

Scenery would be great - the idea of the temple ruins is awesome. I remember reading a short passage in the Flesh Eater Court battletome that referenced a "gargant alemoot". Thinking about it I imagined a Stonehenge type configuration of boulders surrounded by many empty giant sized casks. I'm not sure if the Sons will feature the theme of drunkenness but if not I would have liked to have seen the alemoot.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, EasyArmy said:

Scenery would be great - the idea of the temple ruins is awesome. I remember reading a short passage in the Flesh Eater Court battletome that referenced a "gargant alemoot". Thinking about it I imagined a Stonehenge type configuration of boulders surrounded by many empty giant sized casks. I'm not sure if the Sons will feature the theme of drunkenness but if not I would have liked to have seen the alemoot.

I think the Drunkeness will take a back step and be exclusively for the Aleguzzlers. The Mega Gargants and Mancrushers will likely not be as beveragely inclined.

54 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

Given the size of the models, how big would a gargant piece of scenery have to be?! 😁

I guess the same size as the one for Imperial Knights in 40K? Or even bigger!! We will have to wait and see what AOS 3.0 will bring us when we get around to getting ourselves a 3.0 Battletome because surely theyll add a new Unit, fingers crossed for King Brodd and hopefully some scenery as well!!

I honestly would prefer not to have a piece of mandatory terrain. They're just wallet taxes and rarely have a positive impact on the game - anytime they're too useful GW feels obligated to nerf them, but usually they're mostly useless but because they're free you feel obligated to shove it in just because... I mean it's free. Most of them are an eyesore too - the maw-pot is probably the only one that doesn't look wildly out of scale or out of place, and even it can be kind of a pain to play around with its little tent thing getting in the way of combat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NauticalSoup said:

I honestly would prefer not to have a piece of mandatory terrain. They're just wallet taxes and rarely have a positive impact on the game - anytime they're too useful GW feels obligated to nerf them, but usually they're mostly useless but because they're free you feel obligated to shove it in just because... I mean it's free. Most of them are an eyesore too - the maw-pot is probably the only one that doesn't look wildly out of scale or out of place, and even it can be kind of a pain to play around with its little tent thing getting in the way of combat.

I agree. A terrain piece is one of your allegiance abilities (since its free). If you want the perfect example of how bad they can be just look at Gitz. It does basically nothing unless you're running grots, but takes the place of a much needed allegiance ability. If you're playing spiders/trolls/squigs you don't have any allegiance abilities you can rely on. Its a sick model though.

In an ideal world terrain pieces would be pointed instead.

Specifically for SoB though I would love to see them be able to break terrain instead, even if its just one of the gargants.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Specifically for SoB though I would love to see them be able to break terrain instead, even if its just one of the gargants.

I like this idea. It fits quite nicely. Needs to be able to break faction scenery rules. Possibly it should be an allegiance ability and not a warscroll ability.

My other issue with our own terrain is what rules would they have. Don't need bravery or spell bonuses. Lack of models means we won't want to be restricted to hanging around a single backline piece for bonuses. Teleportation and resurrection I suspect would break the game. A healing station might work (terrain is  placed within 9" of your back edge, you heal D3? wounds per turn if within 1" it and are more than 3" of enemy units).

11 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I agree. A terrain piece is one of your allegiance abilities (since its free). If you want the perfect example of how bad they can be just look at Gitz. It does basically nothing unless you're running grots, but takes the place of a much needed allegiance ability. If you're playing spiders/trolls/squigs you don't have any allegiance abilities you can rely on. Its a sick model though.

In an ideal world terrain pieces would be pointed instead.

1 hour ago, a74xhx said:

I like this idea. It fits quite nicely. Needs to be able to break faction scenery rules. Possibly it should be an allegiance ability and not a warscroll ability.

My other issue with our own terrain is what rules would they have. Don't need bravery or spell bonuses. Lack of models means we won't want to be restricted to hanging around a single backline piece for bonuses. Teleportation and resurrection I suspect would break the game. A healing station might work (terrain is  placed within 9" of your back edge, you heal D3? wounds per turn if within 1" it and are more than 3" of enemy units).

Its rumoured the Sons will be able to kick terrain!!

• Like 2

On 7/25/2020 at 2:39 PM, KingBrodd said:

Its rumoured the Sons will be able to kick terrain!!

That would be cool.....I quite like the idea of say the gate breaker gargant trashing a piece of scenery and then hurling the rubble at the enemy (cygors might feel like someone stole their idea like 😁)

On 7/27/2020 at 7:50 AM, Gutlord said:

That would be cool.....I quite like the idea of say the gate breaker gargant trashing a piece of scenery and then hurling the rubble at the enemy (cygors might feel like someone stole their idea like 😁)

I think the fomoroid crusher - slaves to darkness model has an ability like this.

Edited by Riavan

18 hours ago, Riavan said:

I think the fomoroid crusher - slaves to darkness model has an ability like this.

YEs! D3 mortals if he is near a terrain piece to people nearby on a 4 up or something similar. A ranged version would be dope as a replacement for wizards if none of them are magically inclined, unless we already have mortal wound output.

1 minute ago, Gutlord said:

Seems to be a lot of aelves talk on warhammer community recently, hope we get our gargants before Tyrion and Malerion steal the show. Dose anyone think august is our release month?

My fingers are crossed for an August release but I feel deep down that itll unfortunately be September.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

My fingers are crossed for an August release but I feel deep down that itll unfortunately be September.

Ahh well, more time to save up for those new kits I suppose (I rekon they'll do a mega bundle where you get three mega gargants). Also, have we established that mancrushers are the aleguzzler kit yet?......i mean they're in the official preview so I'm guessing so but the difference in points makes me wonder🤔

37 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Ahh well, more time to save up for those new kits I suppose (I rekon they'll do a mega bundle where you get three mega gargants). Also, have we established that mancrushers are the aleguzzler kit yet?......i mean they're in the official preview so I'm guessing so but the difference in points makes me wonder🤔

I'm guessing that you can field the Aleguzzler model as either an Aleguzzler or a Mancrusher. Just to give the Faction more variety. I also think that's why they've been out of stock online for quite some time now and they're being repackaged.

I currently have 3 on order so itll be interesting to see what happens!!

Edited by KingBrodd

Friends and I think they are repackaging the Aleguzzler with an extra sprue with more options.  One of the rumor engine photos looks like the exact dimensions of the Aleguzzler's front torso piece, but had skulls and such on it instead of the skin look.  Would suspect that the Mancrushers will have multiple weapon options to ensure variety in playstyle.

EDIT: Added Picture.

61af86a2-rumor-engine-4-7-2020.jpg

Edited by Tittliewinks22

59 minutes ago, Tittliewinks22 said:

Friends and I think they are repackaging the Aleguzzler with an extra sprue with more options.  One of the rumor engine photos looks like the exact dimensions of the Aleguzzler's front torso piece, but had skulls and such on it instead of the skin look.  Would suspect that the Mancrushers will have multiple weapon options to ensure variety in playstyle.

I've always thought that texture looked more stone than flesh. Though I would absolutely love if they gave it an extra sprue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riavan said:

I'm just concerned there's no magic - well it doesn't look like it. Unless the cracken eater gets it, or they have a bunch of physical skills that emulate them.

If any of them are going to get magic it's going to be the Kraken Eater. Though I wouldnt be suprised if they just dont get it. Personally I'd rather they dont with the units they have, then when the Army gets expanded they add a Shaman later down the road.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:24 PM, Tittliewinks22 said:

I too would love this to be an extra sprue for the aleguzzler kit....the only thing that leads me to believe otherwise is I think that's the skull of a bestigor......and if that's the case we're probably looking at something human sized (new marauders perhaps?)

On 7/30/2020 at 8:24 PM, Tittliewinks22 said:

Screenshot_20200731_223332_com.android.chrome.jpg.1d5d77d3e7f098ecb4542b969b8cea20.jpg

Taking this direct from the GW website.

I'd like this to be true, but I don't think it fits. It'd be a very weird update. Arms are now stretching upwards, the asthetics will be tricky to match exactly (how old is the kit? 2006. GW doesn't make them like that anymore), you'd have to replace the entire torso which is roughly 50% of the model, and I'm not sure the gut works.

I still want it to be true though as I think they're going to show their age when placed next to the new big boys.

55 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

Screenshot_20200731_223332_com.android.chrome.jpg.1d5d77d3e7f098ecb4542b969b8cea20.jpg

I'd like this to be true, but I don't think it fits. It'd be a very weird update. Arms are now stretching upwards, the asthetics will be tricky to match exactly (how old is the kit? 2006. GW doesn't make them like that anymore), you'd have to replace the entire torso which is roughly 50% of the model, and I'm not sure the gut works.

I still want it to be true though as I think they're going to show their age when placed next to the new big boys.

Completely agree there mate....I think the standard build for the aleguzzler will look dated (bit like ard boyz next to all the other ironjawz units do) but I'm guessing our bitz boxes are gonna be full with the amount of options we'll have so......let's get kit bashing! Me personally, I'm gonna build an army around the warstompa gargant (he looks like an AOS version of the marauder giant which was my favourite model when I first got into the hobby)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a74xhx said:

Yeah if anything I'm starting to think it may even be a piece of Scenery? 

6 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Completely agree there mate....I think the standard build for the aleguzzler will look dated (bit like ard boyz next to all the other ironjawz units do) but I'm guessing our bitz boxes are gonna be full with the amount of options we'll have so......let's get kit bashing! Me personally, I'm gonna build an army around the warstompa gargant (he looks like an AOS version of the marauder giant which was my favourite model when I first got into the hobby)

Mate the Marauder is what started my dream of an all Giant army!!

I too am going to base my army around the Warstomper. A tribe from the Forest of Gorch in Ghur or one from Ghyran, I'll wait till I get my hands on the Battletome and decide on the lore. 

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah if anything I'm starting to think it may even be a piece of Scenery? 

Mate the Marauder is what started my dream of an all Giant army!!

I too am going to base my army around the Warstomper. A tribe from the Forest of Gorch in Ghur or one from Ghyran, I'll wait till I get my hands on the Battletome and decide on the lore. 

Nice one dude, a forest themed army of gargants would look awesome. I'm gonna be using one of my megas in my mawtribes and ironjawz lists as well as creating a 2000 point SOB army. Cant wait to see what's in the battletome.....wonder if we'll get any cheeky last minute new releases before it goes to pre order?.....I know we have our points in the GHB 2020 but those FAQs on warhammer community are changing all the time

• Like 2