Realm of Chaos - The Lost & the Damned

JPjr

Ok, so apparently one of the greatest books GW has ever produced has been reprinted for its 30th anniversary, but only appears to be available at Warhammer World.

so 3 questions...

did they reprint the first Realm of Chaos book when they did the box set?

On past form anyone know if it might be available more generally in stores at some point?

if not, anyone going to WHW soon and want to get me a copy? You would be hashtag blessed (& compensated obviously).

EDIT: ... and there’s already multiple copies on eBay for £70+. Scumbag flippers.

21A743CF-C894-433A-A263-3AD5E3967A02.jpeg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1

To answer your questions:

They did the same for Slaves To Darkness back in 2018 (I think?). Along other STD merch such as a mug or tshirt (that was cool!).

I wrote GW to see if they could at least make it available through online order to GW stores for us suckers far from WHW, but they said no. Exclusive WHW and limited run only. Thank you GW.

If you cant find someone to get you a copy, there is FB group called "40k warhammer and general wargames trip loot sharing" that can maybe help you. I dont use FB but on Dakkadakka there is a guy who also contributes to the group (check the news thread about this topic there).

I'd love to get the physical copies, as the books are amaaaazing but I cant be bothered with this exclusivity nonsense and seeking an unknown person just to grab a freaking book. I found digital copies since, and thats enough I guess.

• Thanks 1

These book reprints are what I'd call "nostalgia" books.  They don't fit into any of the game systems, so what GW has done is to just limit them to WHW so that they have somewhere to sell them - technically they're selling something written for a game system that doesn't exist.  They've also done it with things like Bugman branded goods/models.

Currently they've temporarily extended the store so that they have somewhere to put the stock of Lost and the Damned!  So far we've seen Rogue Trader and Slave to Darkness done over the past couple of years.  I think Rogue Trader was done alongside one of the 40k anniversaries.

I don't think getting hold of one is going to be too tricky unless you want it yesterday, having seen the quantity they had on Saturday/Sunday it's not going to sell out overnight (especially at £35 per copy).  Doesn't surprise me the scalpers have jumped on the band wagon already though...

The book is probably a couple of kilo's in weight - it's genuinely a monster!

• Like 1

I'm really tempted, but I didn't get the previous books and I do already have their reprint of Libra Chaotica. Now I'd love them to reprint the Skaven book. 

Or some of their art books, its a huge shame that they limited ran the Eldar art book a year or two back.

Slaves to Darkness was incredible. Full of so much - interesting rules, lore, artwork, stories. I still remember the story about the two brothers that started each chapter - 1 went Khorne and the other Slaanesh and it followed them to their ends. Personally I blame the parents for letting both kids go off the rails like that.

i never had The lost and the damned, but I wish I had!

• 3 weeks later...

Did it! Reunited with my beautiful boys after nearly 3 decades absence. If anyone needs me I think I’m just going to be rolling random mutations all day...

But if anyone else if ever looking for hard to come by bits & bobs check out Goblin Inc. who helped me get both books...

more pics and nostalgic ramblings here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B78Y5p3Hf9U/?igshid=1wubrgmo137vd

4267A0A2-26CA-4FC3-BEF3-9EFD6C521867.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 1/7/2020 at 1:29 PM, Praecautus said:

Slaves to Darkness was incredible. Full of so much - interesting rules, lore, artwork, stories. I still remember the story about the two brothers that started each chapter - 1 went Khorne and the other Slaanesh and it followed them to their ends. Personally I blame the parents for letting both kids go off the rails like that.

i never had The lost and the damned, but I wish I had!

• Like 1

Lost and the Damned and Slaves to Darkness really got me stuck on chaos (first Slaanesh and later Tzeentch). The art - where Blanche (and the many other talented artists - I just always associate the dark type of rough paintings of that Warhammer time with Blanche) really captures the essence of chaos.  Also the stories/fluff was/is fantastic (I still have my copies just for the fluff).

• Like 1

Yeah, I’ve barely had to chance to do more than dip into both of them but damn, they’re just so so good. The artwork, the stories, everything so on point. I’m really tempted to actually do some narrative campaigns using the rules in them.

Now I’ve got my dirty mitts on these I just really, really need them to reprint ‘Ere We Go’ & ‘Freebooterz’ and my nostalgia fix should be just about done.

well apart from the constant pain every time I remember my mum binned my big box copies of Blood Bowl, Dungeon Bowl, Adeptus Titanicus, Space Marine, Dark Future, Mighty Empires and Space Fleet about 2 ****** minutes after I left home in 96 😭😭😭

• Confused 1