Petition for viking/norse stormcast

vorathian

This exist they even wrote a book sort of talking about them. They are basicly space wolf storm cast with alittle more heroics to them, and more considerate of the people.  

They are the astral templars. Here is the black library book for one of thier characters. https://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/novels/champion-of-chaos-ebook-cs-2018.html

They are drawn from what are basicly norsemen esk characters. 

my opinion on the post: 
Honestly, i really like the unique aesthetics, looks, and cultures of aos.  I think it's really really cool and i can do with going else where if i want to retap all those old fashion fantasy and mythology tropes.  Deepkin, KO, Chaos, Iron jaws, savage orks, Bone reapers, and others all have a really unique flavor or aspects that i really find freshing and doesn't have me rolling my eyes through 3 or 4 chapters worth of stuff i've already read with an AoS skin. 

• Like 1

You already have some viking vibes from Orruks, Beasts of Chaos (Gors in general) and especially Marauders in Chaos.

You could quite easily kitbash/convert Marauders into viking-cast and slap stormcast shoulderpads/shields etc on.

I think your odds of GW introducing an entire line like that is as close to 0 as it gets.

No.

• Stormcast wear plate, vikings did not.
  • Vikings used sensible equipment, Stormcast do not.
  • Vikings were not created for war.
  • Vikings wore colourful clothing.
  • Vikings did not mimic catholic stuff to the point of Stormcast.
  • Vikings would feel a lot more like Chaos Warriors in the minds of coastal people of their time.
  • We don't need more Stormcast.

If you want fantasy vikings, just use Chaos Warriors and Chaos Marauders, maybe with some light conversion, or use spacewolves and fluff them to be the dudes that like Ulric.

If you want "real" vikings, buy some Rohirrim (more saxon than viking though) and use them as Cities troops.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Would like some Kislevish new human faction. Basically Fantasy Viking, polish, russian guys. 

Otherwise Chaos Warriors are pretty much Nordic Viking Style and the vanguard stormcast chamber reminds me on space wolves aswell. With a bit of conversion work you could do a cool nordic themed SCE army. 

But overall stormcast have a late Fantasy catholic Roman Empire touch for me. If the Byzantine Empire found better armor smiths and some dracoth they would totaly looked like that. Haha. Atleast thats how i paint mine ;)

1 hour ago, Dukeus said:

If the Byzantine Empire found better armor smiths and some dracoth they would totaly looked like that. Haha. Atleast thats how i paint mine ;)

You could convert up some units to be your Varangian Guard then - they would fit right in.

2 hours ago, Aelfric said:

You could convert up some units to be your Varangian Guard then - they would fit right in.

Yep exactly my idea. I keep the Roman looking helmets for most of my units but i want the Paladins (Retributors, decimators, protectors ) without helmet and instead with a bearded nordic face + warrior paint. To represent the Varangian Guard. 

I just started the Hobby. So i suck at painting faces and learn the basics first. If you have some conversion Tipps for that let me know :). Could be interesting for op as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Galas said:

Space Wolves make sense in 40k because theres no other vikings but in fantasy that aesthetic belongs to Norsca , and now, Chaos. 

The aesthetic for your models can be whatever you want it to be, so long as the unit is visibly recognisable as what it represents.  Stormcast with viking-style heads is a perfectly fine aesthetic - nobody is going to mistake them for anything else.  

This does seem like one of those things that are simple to convert, but in a buisness sense would be illogical to dedicate casting time for sprues for. The components are out there for making the models your own but I doubt you'll influence anything with the petition.

Echo the sentiments above. We don't need space wolves for a stormcast host. If you love the aesthetic this would be a crazy easy army to kitbash. 

40k Space wolves have some great viking-esc bits. I say go nuts and create a super unique army from all that, I'm sure it'll look awesome!

I'd much prefer new castes go to new units, and other factions that need it a lot more then stormcast do.