AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness 2 Discussion

Overread

19 hours ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Their Finest Hour is pretty nuts on a unit, combine it with All Out Attack and generally they're 2+ to hit/wound and saves. 

Unfortunately not possible. Bonuses to hit/wound are capped on +1/-1 and +1 for saves. 13.3 in new Core Rules. 

Just now, Qoolin said:

Unfortunately not possible. Bonuses to hit/wound are capped on +1/-1 and +1 for saves. 13.3 in new Core Rules. 

Still possible to stack versus penalties to hit/wound (do they exist?) and rend such as Shining Company or Locus of Change.

14 minutes ago, shalvan said:

Still possible to stack versus penalties to hit/wound (do they exist?) and rend such as Shining Company or Locus of Change.

Ah. That's true. I didn't think about penalties. Makes more sense now. 

12 hours ago, Grimbok said:

I’m thinking of buying a group of varanguard for my army. Which weapon option is the all round best? 

I lean towards daemonforged blades. What are your thoughts and experiences? 

Grimbok

With the Curse prayer standard Ensorcelled Weapons stock has gone up, especially in combination Mark of Nurgle. Hell Fellspears are still legit even with Mark of Khorne as they'll get the +1 to wound regardless of charging (and possibly negate -1 to wound).

Be'lakor is out for himself and won't hesitate to sacrifice or kill his own team in the process. You can treat it as a warrior on his side that died fighting for him, or part of another Chaos warband that was an obstacle to Be'lakor's ambitions.

• Like 1

Having another stab at things. Obviously subject to change with the upcoming FAQs. But throwing out 3 prayers, 3 useful spells and two Oracular Visions together with the +1 wound from the General seems pretty nice.

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Idolators
Battle Company
Idolator Lord on Chaos Chariot (105)
- General
- Command Trait: Fiery Orator
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
- Prayer: Blessings of Khorne, Curse
Chaos Lord (120)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
- Artefact: Arcane Tome - Spell: Whispers of Chaos
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

5 x Chaos Knights (170)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (170)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
30 x Chaos Marauders (270)
- Axes & Shields
20 x Chaos Warriors (400)
- Halberd & Shield
9 x Untamed Beasts (70)

Chaos Warshrine (185)

- Prayer: Heal

Warlord

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (115)
- Spell: Binding Damnation
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (115)
- Spell: Mask of Darkness
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- Sword
9 x Untamed Beasts (70)- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Total: 2000 / 2000 

Edited by SpiritofHokuto
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 7:09 PM, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Hey guys! Which is our better Faction endless spell? I used to play Desolators waaaay back but just recently got back into AoS due to 3.0 and want to go as Ravagers and have 85pts left over, this is the lists ive cobbled together so far but I dont know if the Realmscourge Rupture is worth it?

Skilfingar

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness              Damned Legion: Ravagers            Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders: 390pts

Styrbjorn” - Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount - 8💗 155pts

Command Trait: Eternal Vendetta     Artefact of Power: Helm of the Oppressor

Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Bjarki” - Chaos Lord - 9💗 120pts

Command Trait: Bolstered by Hatred

Haegtesse” - Chaos Sorcerer Lord - 5💗 115pts

Command Trait: Master of Magic     Artefact of Power: Arcane Tome     Spell: Binding Damnation

Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

Battleline: 370pts

“Norsii“ - 10 Chaos Warriors - 20💗 200pts

Strovengaard” - 5 Chaos Knights - 15💗 170pts

Units: 155pts

Ulfwerenar” - 5 Wrathmongers - 15💗 155pts

Endless Spells: 85pts

Realmscourge Rupture - 85pts

Total: 72💗 1000pts

Summoning:

10 Blood Letters

9 Spire Tyrants

9 Spire Tyrants

9 Spire Tyrants

Ive gone for Spire Tyrants for my Rally the Tribes as I think they look the best model wise and they seem like one of the better cultist units out of the Warcry bands.

Dunno about the spell, but noticed the mongers - I’ve used the bloodsecrator as an ally, but not them - interesting idea…

@SpiritofHokuto I like your list, similar to the one I've been crafting. 

One thing to note in Idolators, the Warshrine becomes a Leader. That means it can't fulfill the Behemoth slot in the Battle Company Battalion. Your list is still legal though as the shrine can take the Commander slot, with both the Idolator Lord and Lord on Foot as sub commanders;

5 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

@SpiritofHokuto I like your list, similar to the one I've been crafting. 

One thing to note in Idolators, the Warshrine becomes a Leader. That means it can't fulfill the Behemoth slot in the Battle Company Battalion. Your list is still legal though as the shrine can take the Commander slot, with both the Idolator Lord and Lord on Foot as sub commanders;

Does it lose Behemoth with becoming a Leader? I know in other armies that's the case, but I can't see where that's the case for the Warshrine?  

1 hour ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Does it lose Behemoth with becoming a Leader? I know in other armies that's the case, but I can't see where that's the case for the Warshrine?  

Its still a behemoth. Its because it has the Priest keyword and in Idolators all Priests gain the Leader battlefield role. 

Yes its still part of the Battle Company but cant qualify for the "monster" slot because it has the Leader role. It can take the Commander Slot as the only requirement is the Leader role. 

On 6/25/2021 at 2:29 PM, SpiritofHokuto said:

In Knights of the Empty Throne their stock has gone way up with access to Heroic Actions (and commands as they're a Hero). So much so I'm surprised they didn't get even a nominal points increase.   

Only annoying thing is the +1 to wound limit which is annoying for a unit that has now got 3 sources of + wound (Khorne, Lance's and Finest Hour).  But as long as you don't got for both MoK and Lance's, not a bit deal (although that used to be a great option for Empty Throne general).

15 hours ago, LordDave said:

Dunno about the spell, but noticed the mongers - I’ve used the bloodsecrator as an ally, but not them - interesting idea…

Fight last is always useful, especially when you can fight twice with Chaos Warriors, also I prefer the Wrathmongers over the Bloodsecrator due to them providing a huge mass of rend 1 attacks, in 2k games ill have both Bloodbound units to really juice up my anvil.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Boar said:

Erratas out, reroll saves are out from Chaos Warriors changed to +1 save, same on Oracular Visions

Looks to be the same for re-rolls to saves across all factions. Overall a downgrade for StD really. Base 3+ save Warriors are nice, but now with all instances of re-rolls gone that's all they'll ever be. Can build up decent "buffers" against Rend I suppose. 

37 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Looks to be the same for re-rolls to saves across all factions. Overall a downgrade for StD really. Base 3+ save Warriors are nice, but now with all instances of re-rolls gone that's all they'll ever be. Can build up decent "buffers" against Rend I suppose. 

With more ways to get bouns to save I guess it was inevitable, so Mark of Tzenntch boosted?

12 minutes ago, Boar said:

With more ways to get bouns to save I guess it was inevitable, so Mark of Tzenntch boosted?

Kind of? I guess having a blanket +1 to save for it was too powerful? 

13 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I am curious does the chaos warrior unit size and war-shrine ability stack? If so Tzeentch Warriors may become practically unkillable. 

Yes and no. You can only get a total of +1 to saves but the extra over that can offset the uncapped negatives rend can do. 

• Thanks 1