Celestar Ballista 110pts

Celestar Ballista 110pts

Aetherwings x 3 50pts

Aetherwings x 3 50pts

Vanguard-Raptors x 9 510pts

Evocators x 5 (Tempest Blade/Stormstave; S: Celestial Blades) 220pts

Extra Command Point 50pts

1990pts total

As you can see, it's hyper-focused on shooting. But more so dropping either all the ballistas or raptors using Scions and double-taking using Heroes from another age command ability.

10 hours ago, snipersyn said:

I'd appreciate some feedback my Anvil Sniper army:

Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Knight-Azyros, General (CT: Deathly Aura, A: Soulthief) 100pts

Knight-Incantor (S: Celestial Blades) 140pts

Lord-Relictor (P:Translocation) 100pts

Lord-Ordinator 140pts

Liberators x 5 100pts

Liberators x 5 100pts

Liberators x 5 100pts

Celestar Ballista 110pts

Celestar Ballista 110pts

Celestar Ballista 110pts

Aetherwings x 3 50pts

Aetherwings x 3 50pts

Vanguard-Raptors x 9 510pts

Evocators x 5 (Tempest Blade/Stormstave; S: Celestial Blades) 220pts

Extra Command Point 50pts

1990pts total

As you can see, it's hyper-focused on shooting. But more so dropping either all the ballistas or raptors using Scions and double-taking using Heroes from another age command ability.

I think this should work. Test it out and tell us!

• 1 month later...

Today I saw a discussion on the subreddit, someone claimed there was a 24x raptor (2x12) Anvilstrike list? I have never seen any of y'all talk about having that many raptors, but they said it was in tournaments..? I can't find anything searching in the megathread but not sure how accurate searches are.

@PJetski have you heard about a list like that?

56 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Today I saw a discussion on the subreddit, someone claimed there was a 24x raptor (2x12) Anvilstrike list? I have never seen any of y'all talk about having that many raptors, but they said it was in tournaments..? I can't find anything searching in the megathread but not sure how accurate searches are.

That sounds like a craaaaazy amount of raptors. Seems like nearly all the lists run 9 and maybe 12 on occasion (for longstrikes anyway).

Like that's 1360 pts of raptors if they're using longstrikes. And that's before you also buy aetherwings and the extra CP to doubleshoot them all. That barely leaves enough points to satisfy battleline and leader requirements.

That is insane.

12x Longstrikes @ 680 pts

12x Longstrikes @ 680 pts

Battleline at the cheapest would be:

5x Liberators @ 100pts

5x Liberators @ 100pts

5x Liberators @ 100pts

add the eagles for screens:

3 aetherwings x 3 @ 50pts

3 aetherwings x 3 @ 50pts

===

that's already 1810 pts...

extra CP before your first hero phase is 50 pts

which brings you to 1860 pts.

what would you chose for your General at 140 pts left?

Knight Azyros or Knight Incantor?

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I haven't come across a similar build before.  However, I'm betting that if anyone was using that, they were bringing a unit of 9-12 longstrikes, and then the remaining were running hurricane crossbows, probably deployed from the sky.

An example list:

Anvils
Lord-Aquilor
Knight-Vexilor or Lord-Relictor (translocation)
Knight-Azyros or 2x3 aetherwings
3x5 Liberators
12 Longstrikes
2x6 Hurricane Crossbows
command point (or 3 aetherwings)

This list can have the longstrikes + vexilor/relictor deployed on the board and both units of hurricanes in the sky, with the rest of the list wherever it makes sense.  Longstrikes hit key support pieces, and then the hurricanes can come down in range and demolish hordes and chaff, clearing the board for your liberators to control objectives.

I would be really wary of running this list myself, as anyone that can evade your screen can easily get into the meat of the raptors.  On the other hand, 12 longstrikes can do almost 30 damage a turn when used to double-tap, and 6 hurricanes do a bit over 14 damage to a save of - when they come down.  Dropping the Vexilor/Relictor would also allow you to use 2 units of 12 longstrikes, and then you could dish out ~44 damage a turn by double-tapping with one of the units. 

Yeah the list sounded nonsensical, because of how lacking its support would be. I cannot find any other claim or even a mention of a list like this, and the LVO I saw mentioned had a basic 20 block sequitor list that won not 24 longstrikes... it's probably the most bizarre list I've seen someone tell a new player to go for :/

19 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I haven't heard of such an absurd list, but I think going all-in on shooting like that is a terrible idea. You need a good melee hammer unit that can push forward and clear objectives with charges. You also basically auto-lose if you have a realmscape that hinders shooting, like the LOS blocking terrain in Aqshy or range reduction in Ulgu.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Yeah the list sounded nonsensical, because of how lacking its support would be. I cannot find any other claim or even a mention of a list like this, and the LVO I saw mentioned had a basic 20 block sequitor list that won not 24 longstrikes... it's probably the most bizarre list I've seen someone tell a new player to go for :/

Someone is actually running that kind of list in one of the qualifying tournaments for the French Cup

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

LEADERS
Knight-Vexillor (120)
- Pennant of the Stormbringer
- Artefact : Soulthief

Lord-Relictor (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Deathly Aura
- Artefact : Aetherquartz Brooch
- Prayer : Translocation

UNITS
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1 x Grandblades

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers

5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers

9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (420)
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (170)
6 x Aetherwings (100)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

BATTALIONS
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Extra Command Point (50)

That's risky at best. I do understand the usage of msu hurricanes (the prime adds a large amount of damage compared to larger units if you don't double tap), they increase the action radius of aetherwings and they get the -1 charge bubble, which is nasty if there's an Incantor around. But i really can't see all those longstrikes work with too little screening and no believable melee threat.

9 hours ago, Lucur said:

That's risky at best. I do understand the usage of msu hurricanes (the prime adds a large amount of damage compared to larger units if you don't double tap), they increase the action radius of aetherwings and they get the -1 charge bubble, which is nasty if there's an Incantor around. But i really can't see all those longstrikes work with too little screening and no believable melee threat.

I'd also add that while the Aetherquartz Brooch will provide chance to replace the spent CP (at +5), should that not happen during the first time Heroes of Another Age is executed - again I'm thinking the concept here is execute that ability at least 2x during the first Hero Phase for both units - the consistency runs thin after that since all the burden falls on the dice going your way when shooting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 8:51 PM, OIF4IDVET said:

I have a question, how does everyone that runs a shootcast list deal with heavy melee armies? I’m struggling against orruks and bonereapers and ogres. 

Read this: https://shiftingobjectives.blogspot.com/2019/10/anvilstrike-tips-faq-updated-oct-25-2019.html , it's @PJetski blog about shootcast :) -

like 10 times, then practice deploying your stuff , a lot. When you think you know what you are doing, practice more then get some games and see if you practiced enough.

Here is a list I would love to play someday 

Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (180)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Strife-ender
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Knight-Venator (120)
- Artefact: Spellshield
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Mystic Light (Artefact): Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Zephyros (100)
- Artefact: Blade of Heroes

Battleline
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (110)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Shock Handaxes
- Boltstorm Pistols and Storm Sabres

Units
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (180)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Starstrike Javelins
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Battalions
Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (140)
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (160)
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 103

On 2/21/2020 at 3:38 PM, CommissarRotke said:

@PJetski Apologies for the 2nd ping but I just remembered the errata that specifies longstrike ability doesn't activate in the hero phase. Will you/do you need to update your Anvilstrike blog to reflect how this changes playing the list?

I havent been playing AOS that much lately, so I can't offer much insight about this

I probably won't update my blog any time soon

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 10:28 PM, Andrethegreat said:

Here is a list I would love to play someday 

Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (180)
- General
- Command Trait: Deathly Aura
- Artefact: Strife-ender
- Mount Trait: Wind Runner
Knight-Venator (120)
- Artefact: Spellshield
Knight-Azyros (100)
- Mystic Light (Artefact): Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Zephyros (100)
- Artefact: Blade of Heroes

Battleline
- Boltstorm Pistols and Storm Sabres

Units
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (180)
- Boltstorm Pistols and Starstrike Javelins
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

Battalions
Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber (140)
Vanguard Angelos Conclave (160)
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 103

What's the point of playing Anvils with this list ? You don't benefit much since you've only got a 3 man unit able to use the CA.

17 hours ago, Maturin said:

What's the point of playing Anvils with this list ? You don't benefit much since you've only got a 3 man unit able to use the CA.

Anvils will let me shoot or pile in on my hero phase, I may have only 3 men in each raptor unit but each unit will let me roll 30 dice, So! if I shoot in my hero phase with one Raptor unit, that is 30 dice on a enemy unit, spend a command point and do it again. that is 30 more dice, Now it is my shooting phase with that  same unit, that is another 30 dice, from that one 3 man Raptor unit. I put a total of 90 dice into a enemy unit.  

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Andrethegreat said:

Anvils will let me shoot or pile in on my hero phase, I may have only 3 men in each raptor unit but each unit will let me roll 30 dice, So! if I shoot in my hero phase with one Raptor unit, that is 30 dice on a enemy unit, spend a command point and do it again. that is 30 more dice, Now it is my shooting phase with that  same unit, that is another 30 dice, from that one 3 man Raptor unit. I put a total of 90 dice into a enemy unit.  

I might be wrong but I think most people consider the FAQ about longstrikes to apply also to hurricanes? So they would only have 18 attacks when shooting in the hero phase

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Maturin and Marcvs are correct, Hurricanes don't get bonus shots in the hero phase and you can't use the Anvils CA on the same unit twice in one turn

Can any of you, tell me where this is in the rule book or the battletome book, Because. I can't find it but in the battletome?