Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AthelLoren

AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

450 members have voted

  1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

    • High-tier
      25
    • Mid-tier
      202
    • Low-tier
      223
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

    • Entirely Gutbusters
      34
    • Mostly Gutbusters
      115
    • Mixed forces
      194
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
      77
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders
      30


Recommended Posts

@Ciotola I definitely like the second one better because without the hunter you're really better off using the cats as something else almost. So I say the second list or maybe swap the cats and the gravetide for a Balewind Vortex and Geminids or something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So having been unable to play for a few months now I've been trying to come up with new lists to incentivise myself to finish off my big plastic pile of shame (ie kitbash another Slaughermaster and 4 more Ironguts). 

Does this list have any merit? The idea would be that the Butcher sits center on his Balewind next to the Mawpot throwing out debuffs & Maw while the Slaughermasters support the Gluttons & Mournfang with the two units of Ironguts adding in bursts of damage where needed. There's obvious redundancy in the spell selection but I figured it would allow more opportunity for everything to be in range. 

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Bloodgullet

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
- Artefact: Splatter-cleaver
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Ribcracker
- Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Greasy Deluge
Slaughtermaster (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Nice Drop of the Red Stuff!
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
- Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Molten Entrails
Slaughtermaster (140)
- Lore of Gutmagic: Blood Feast
- Bloodgullet 2nd Spell: Ribcracker

Battleline
12 x Ogor Gluttons (400)
- Pairs of Clubs or Blades
4 x Ironguts (220)
4 x Ironguts (220)

Units
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Gargant Hackers

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 138
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have a list for review! I have won two games with this list. Friendly ones though and I wonder if the list would hold its ground in a semi competitive tournament next weekend! What do you guys reckon?

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: Underguts

Leaders
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- General
- Blood Vulture
- Command Trait: Mass of Scars
- Artefact: Gnoblar Blast Keg
- Mount Trait: Black Clatterhorn
Tyrant (160)
- Artefact: Gruesome Trophy Rack
- Big Name: Fateseeker
Butcher (140)
- Cleaver
- Lore of Gutmagic: Ribcracker
Firebelly (120)
- Lore of the Sun-Eater: Billowing Ash

Battleline
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Culling Clubs or Prey Hackers with Iron Fists
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)

Artillery
Ironblaster (120)
Ironblaster (120)
Ironblaster (120)

Battalions
Eurlbad (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 109
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could get a burning head in there for the cannons to re-roll 1s to hit with shooting on the cannons you'll find they are way more reliable :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how easy is it to convert Ironguts from Mournfang pack orcs? The Ironguts kit isnt available atm so I wanna try to make do by using the 2 handed from the mournfangs and gluttons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kazimer said:

how easy is it to convert Ironguts from Mournfang pack orcs? The Ironguts kit isnt available atm so I wanna try to make do by using the 2 handed from the mournfangs and gluttons.

I used spare Mournfang heads as the base for cloaks and a butt load of Green Stuff but I think they turned out alright. The only parts that aren't from Mournfang riders or Gluttons are the banner bearers weapon (from a Troggoth) and the main trunk/skull of the banner (catapult from an Arachnarok kit). Oh and the Gutlord's cloak is from a Stonehorn.

20200608_192522.jpg

20200608_192536.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a good deal on 3 Ironblaster Cannons (I'm using the ogors and rhinox bodies for Legion of Azgorh conversions but have Mournfang bodies to replace the rhinoxes).  Is there any decent Mawtribes army/subfaction/battalion combo to use 3 cannons in there?  I think I can get some Gluttons and/or Ironguts pretty cheap too if that helps.  I have a Bullgor heavy Beasts of Chaos army though, so maybe the footslogging Ogors is too redundant?  Perhaps the Mournfang heavy cavalry option could work?

Or I can make the Scraplaunchers if those are better?  Or I could just sell or trade them for Stormcast stuff for my Cities army; I'd like a unit of Evocators on Dracolines, unless the Ogors disagree!  Low model count is nice sometimes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello fellow frostlords, butchers and tyrants. I have decided to make ogors my next project and I've painted up my first testmodel. 

I usually convert my armies alot so I like to check with the community if I have gone just a step too far on my more extreme projects... 

so here goes:

1313528376_received_3076500335852973.jpeg.a014e951516e1e70cd79df49b9095877.jpeg

Would you accept this guy being fielded as an irongut(gonna run an 8 man unit of them)? Base size is correct and he is just as tall as a regular ogre. Any critique is also welcome.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 1:03 AM, Eorek said:

Hello fellow frostlords, butchers and tyrants. I have decided to make ogors my next project and I've painted up my first testmodel. 

I usually convert my armies alot so I like to check with the community if I have gone just a step too far on my more extreme projects... 

so here goes:

1313528376_received_3076500335852973.jpeg.a014e951516e1e70cd79df49b9095877.jpeg

Would you accept this guy being fielded as an irongut(gonna run an 8 man unit of them)? Base size is correct and he is just as tall as a regular ogre. Any critique is also welcome.

I would because I like this japanese oni styled ogre 😊

But in a GW Store you could get any trouble with those guys I guest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 4:44 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

I got a good deal on 3 Ironblaster Cannons (I'm using the ogors and rhinox bodies for Legion of Azgorh conversions but have Mournfang bodies to replace the rhinoxes).  Is there any decent Mawtribes army/subfaction/battalion combo to use 3 cannons in there?  I think I can get some Gluttons and/or Ironguts pretty cheap too if that helps.  I have a Bullgor heavy Beasts of Chaos army though, so maybe the footslogging Ogors is too redundant?  Perhaps the Mournfang heavy cavalry option could work?

Or I can make the Scraplaunchers if those are better?  Or I could just sell or trade them for Stormcast stuff for my Cities army; I'd like a unit of Evocators on Dracolines, unless the Ogors disagree!  Low model count is nice sometimes.

Yes, use Underguts with a tyrant with Gruesome Trophy Rack:

A list like this:

image.png.c8e877556efbd6dde6489c6fcb441477.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drazhoath said:

I would because I like this japanese oni styled ogre 😊

But in a GW Store you could get any trouble with those guys I guest.

Yea...even though they are 100% gw bitz^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eorek said:

Yea...even though they are 100% gw bitz^^

Wow!

Which bitz you took for the face?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drazhoath said:

Wow!

Which bitz you took for the face?

Ogroid myrmidon

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, i know it is more a modelling question but do you have some suggestions of conversion/alternative models for the Yetees models ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 9:22 PM, Valentine009 said:

20200613_171807.jpg

20200613_140853.jpg

20200613_174758.jpg

and did you show him who's on top of the food chain?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running the numbers on Gorgers vs Frostsabres I'd really like to see the latter get a 20pt drop (bringing them to 60pts). They do slightly less damage than 3 kitties on average but at 60 they'd be a useful addition to any list which includes sabres but ends up with 20pts leftover.

Outside of that I can't see a reason to ever use a Gorger...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HostilSpike said:

Running the numbers on Gorgers vs Frostsabres I'd really like to see the latter get a 20pt drop (bringing them to 60pts). They do slightly less damage than 3 kitties on average but at 60 they'd be a useful addition to any list which includes sabres but ends up with 20pts leftover.

Outside of that I can't see a reason to ever use a Gorger...

To be honest... even if cats were more expensive than Gorgers I'd still run cats due to the synergies with the hunter, how they fit into a skal and the potential screening you get from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eorek said:

To be honest... even if cats were more expensive than Gorgers I'd still run cats due to the synergies with the hunter, how they fit into a skal and the potential screening you get from them. 

Me too to be honest, it's just a shame to have a completely unusable Warscroll in our Tome xD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HostilSpike said:

Me too to be honest, it's just a shame to have a completely unusable Warscroll in our Tome xD

^^ yea... To be honest... I am surprised that it wasn't dropped and just left as a lore piece... it is not an amazing model either so I surely can't sell many copies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 4:01 PM, HostilSpike said:

Me too to be honest, it's just a shame to have a completely unusable Warscroll in our Tome xD

I think the thundertusk warscroll is also ‘unusable’. Or at least it has no role. just like the gorger. 

make the gorger a deepstriking monster hunter for example. Extra damage Vs monsters, bonus to charge if you get into Base tot base with a monster etc. That way it has a role, even if it isn’t as useful as sabretusks then. At least it is better for a niche role. 
(as for the thundertusks just make it a horde killer. Make the horns 1 attack for every model wihin x inch and it would have a role as well.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kramer said:

I think the thundertusk warscroll is also ‘unusable’. Or at least it has no role. just like the gorger. 

make the gorger a deepstriking monster hunter for example. Extra damage Vs monsters, bonus to charge if you get into Base tot base with a monster etc. That way it has a role, even if it isn’t as useful as sabretusks then. At least it is better for a niche role. 
(as for the thundertusks just make it a horde killer. Make the horns 1 attack for every model wihin x inch and it would have a role as well.) 

Doom and Darkness has been running a Monster Mash Boulderhead list with a Huskard on Thundertusk, it's a nice support piece but it's combat profile is such a let down compared to a Stonehorn. I think a point drop could make them viable just for their prayers, but yeah the Frostlord & Beastrider variants seem pretty worthless,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HostilSpike said:

Doom and Darkness has been running a Monster Mash Boulderhead list with a Huskard on Thundertusk, it's a nice support piece but it's combat profile is such a let down compared to a Stonehorn. I think a point drop could make them viable just for their prayers, but yeah the Frostlord & Beastrider variants seem pretty worthless,

Even then. It must become so cheap for a support piece that only works on a 4+ unless you take multiple of them. 
it just lacks a distinct role. And seeing it’s current shooting attack is say make it work Vs hordes. Even if it only beats the stonehorn vs hordes it will have a place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Even then. It must become so cheap for a support piece that only works on a 4+ unless you take multiple of them. 
it just lacks a distinct role. And seeing it’s current shooting attack is say make it work Vs hordes. Even if it only beats the stonehorn vs hordes it will have a place.  

While i do agree it is abit miss placed.... Alvagr ancient can be quite game breaking if used right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I get an opinion or two on how good or bad this list can be? I’m curious if I’m lacking anything or it will be able to hold its own. Thank you.

 

Allegiance: Destruction
Frostlord on Stonehorn (400)
Huskard on Stonehorn (320)
- Chaintrap
Icebrow Hunter (120)
4 x Mournfang Pack (280)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (140)
- Gargant Hackers
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
4 x Frost Sabres (80)
Stonehorn Beastriders (300)
Eurlbad (140)
Skal (100)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...