AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

6 minutes ago, marke said:

By thinking in how many sub-assemblies the sucker has to be painted.

Interestingly the Deathriders look to be a bit of a pain. The rider and mount are not fully separate. The mount appears to have a saddle, but then also the pelvic region of the rider moulded to the saddle. So you, at the very least, need to attach the riders legs, chest and likely all the body save the shield to paint. 

Most of the others appear quite separate; chair character; the units on the catapult etc.... The other "only mildly annoying to me" one is the reassembling hero who has his feet moulded to the skull he's standing upon. That annoys me only because I want to model him floating on a cushion of power

19 hours ago, Kayzee84 said:

Evening all. Can anyone garner a guesstimate on the Ogor model value in Feast of Bones? Assuming just the models. In USD.

Math it for a precise number. (Sum of Ogar retail value)/[(Sum of Ogar retail value) + (sum of OBR retail value)] X what you paid 

It would be easy with the leaked price list except neither limited edition figure has one.  A solution there would to treat both as $0 if they can be considered the same value.

Edit: It’s around 36% if the leaks are correct.

Edit 2: The Guard unit is half so it is closer to 40%

Edited by Evil Bob
MATH! Check your wire BOB

8 hours ago, Gwendar said:

snip

... but man, I will always wonder if that Crawler is more worth it 😉

Having an option that can reach those annoying positioned hard to reach juicy targets.  I like it more than the Harvester and I WANT to like the Harvester over the Crawler.

Pre-warscroll-nerf people hated the KO Grundstok Thunders with a passion.  All mortars truly inspired enough rage GW did the unheard of warscroll change in a generals handbook.  You can bet money people are going to go apeshit.  

I’ll buy one for Screaming Skull Catapult nostalgia sake.

Edited by Evil Bob

Sorry if this has been discussed, but as far as i could tell from searching i couldn't see anything about Grand Hosts of Nagash being able to ally in OBR units or not? I've seen the fact that OBR don't have allies (aside Arkhan and Nagash), but that's it.

I vaguely remember an errata for Nighthaunt units available to GH of Nagash (when the tome dropped, and new units were available), i assume there would be something similar for OBR? when a tome drops that would affect others, GW would usually put out an errata soon after? 

I was hoping for the ability to have my main Nagash army have that sweet catapult and maybe a unit of the skelly boys, or skelly boys on horsies.

16 minutes ago, Arcian said:

So I got my feast of Bones boxes and, it looks like magnetizing the stalkers/immortis guard may be a tad on the difficult side :/

Just build them as Guard - keeping your Heroes alive is a big plus. We have other stuff for face punching.

5 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Just build them as Guard - keeping your Heroes alive is a big plus. We have other stuff for face punching.

I got two boxes and split the ogors with another guy, I might lean towards doing 3 and 3. Haven't decided. But you're probably right on just doing guard! 

Not sure if this has been brought up yet but reading the wording on the Gothizzar harvesters warscroll, it says "roll a dice each time a model is slain within 3" of this model" Does this mean two gothizzar harvesters right next to each other would be able to each roll for the same casualty , effectively doubling the healing potential?  I realise the short range of the ability probably makes this a moot point, but if not intended I would have expected the warscroll to read (or be FAQ'd ) to "roll a dice each time a model is slain within 3" of a friendly Gothizzar harvester

Edited by Altair554488

@Altair554488 that's a good spot and yes it would appear that two harvesters can activate their ability at the same time and harvest the same fallen warrior if its within 3 inches of both. As you say its a small window, but its still a window to gain. 

What will be more interesting is if GW Errata fixes taht or not; if not then it makes taking two and supporting each other even more beneficial. Of course this is also meaning that you've got at least 600 points (two harvesters and at least one minimum block of troops) in one fixed group for the game. So its powerful, but at the same time its impact on the whole board is marginal unless the enemy focuses their entire strength at that one point. 

Got my book now.

I can see why folks are raving over the Petrifex Elite.

I spent ages with Bonesplitterz trying to work out which subfaction was better...but the PE just don't seem to have any weak...or even 'just okay'...bonuses.

I mean Crematorian trolling is funnier, Null Myriad's 'Computer says No' ability will have magic heavy armies a bit miffed, sure.

But PE just seem a really solid pick. Yes. Bad pun. 

I picked up two Feast of bones boxes and was thinking that I would go for a Petrifex elite army.  I was stupid enough to order the book and won't see it until monday... But how should I build my two sets and when it comes to other units and characters, what should I get?

Edited by Amradiel

The general consensus seems to be:

Morghast with Halberds.

Mortek Guard with swords

Immortis Guard at least a trio.

As for heroes I will be getting:

Liege Kavalos

Boneshaper 

Soulmason

plus a Harvester as I am going Crematorian. 

I am trying not to go mad and end up with a huge pile of stuff for the army.

Edited by Souleater
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Souleater said:

The general consensus seems to be:

Morghast with Halberds.

Mortek Guard with swords

Immortis Guard at least a trio.

As for heroes I will be getting:

Liege Kavalos

Boneshaper 

Soulmason

plus a Harvester as I am going Crematorian. 

I am trying not to go mad and end up with a huge pile of stuff for the army.

Yeah I went crazy when KO was released and it was a huge waste of $$$ since the army was trash back then.

• Like 1

Well there goes my shopping list. Picked up spells and Feast this week and next week a basic "1 of everything and 2 of some cool stuff". 
Also note that Firestormgames still has 8 copies of Feast of Bones www.firestormgames.co.uk  so if you want one and didn't get a chance be quick! 

1 Vokmortian
10 Mortek Guard
3 Stalkers
2 Morghasts (added to 4 that I've got already)
Ossiarchs Endless Spells

My pre-order for next week (thanks to many who bought high elves and others stuff off me)

1 Arch-Kavalos Zandtos

1 Mortisan Soulreaper
1 Mortisan Soulmason
1 Mortisan Boneshaper

1 Mortek Guard
2 Kavalos Deathriders 
2 Gothizzar Harvester
1 Mortek Crawler

1 Bone-Tithe Nexus

The boney bois are available in the Azyr app, although there does appear to be a potential mistake (see pic).

I guess they meant to put Nagash and Arkhan there instead, as they can't be found and thus selected to be put in the army. 

Screenshot_20191102-161835.png

Edited by Heijoshin