Anyone else think LoN Battalion's suck?

BaylorCorvette

I'm fairly new to AoS, only been playing a few months now. However it seems to me that the LoN Battalion's aside from maybe The First Cohort are really bad. My two buddies play Nighthaunt and Stormcast and looking at their Battletome, it looks like there are way better Battalion options with a wide arrange of prices (Battalion and Units). Not only do the LoN Battalion Abilities seem lack luster but to even field most of the Battalion's, you're looking at a lot of points, when you take into account not only the Battalion cost but also the units you must take to field that Battalion. I'm I crazy or does LoN just suck with Battalion's? Side note, I'm a Legion of Blood player so I'm not really interested in Nagash nor his Battalion.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.  Everyone thinks the LoN battalions suck.  There have been multiple threads about it.  Deathmarch is almost sorta kinda workable, but yeah in general they're bad.  Too big to fit into an army, too inflexible to just be your army, too expensive in units, too expensive on top of the already expensive units, not the best benefits.  Some neat ideas, but really not very good.

Edited by Sception

Some of the earlier battalions were not as well thought outas the latter ones in the battletomes. It's one area you can see some evolution in the tomes. Eg Daughters of Khaine have two that stand out - one is well over 5K in points and basically not useable barring in an extreme situation (its basically everything); whilst the other is one that pairs with a lot of stormcast in a very limited format - its basically one army build design which is a nice story based idea, but again isn't as practical for most gamers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 5:37 PM, themortalgod said:

I thought it was so laughable when they upped the pts cost of the the Nulamia one in GHB2019. It was like: "No one runs this because it is so bad, but sure, nerf it!"

Court of nulahmia lists (double dragons) were able to get decent standings in some tournamets (even few wins) and it is the most played batalion in LoN

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 6:24 PM, ZLee Syn said:

Court of nulahmia lists (double dragons) were able to get decent standings in some tournamets (even few wins) and it is the most played batalion in LoN

before rule changing about the cloak, after that nothing more