The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

I understand that but full units vs 1 character and 1 unit. Just feels a touch wonky that's all.

See it on the other hand. On the reveal day Skavens will steal the show as SCE will have only 3 heroes or so to show.

• Like 3

They are repacking some vanguard for spearhead , but not kruleboyz, kharadron , BoK , slaanesh , lumineth ,  slaves to darkness , dok , LrL , tzeentch  nighthaunt and fyreslayer . It still a vanguard for them .

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

They are repacking some vanguard for spearhead , but not kruleboyz, kharadron , BoK , slaanesh , lumineth ,  slaves to darkness , dok , LrL , tzeentch  nighthaunt and fyreslayer . It still a vanguard for them .

image.png

Hey, you wrote Lumineth two times, just like how they get their tomes...

Might be a webpage thing, all factions in the new edition will get spearhead rules. For kruelboys it of course might mean that Orruks warclan gets one, and that it's none of kruelboys in it.

It's not a coincidence that the Spearhead boxes are the same structure as a Battalion in AoS 4. (1 Hero and 3 Units) I wouldn't be surprised if we see more Battlation-sized boxes (pick your name) that allow for the purchase of a battalion at a slight discount. It echoes the "plug and play" philosophy designers mentioned when designing the rules. 

Potential Christmas Battalion boxes (Which could be a "command battalion") with a larger Hero and up to 4 units. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

For kruelboys it of course might mean that Orruks warclan gets one, and that it's none of kruelboys in it.

Personally hoping it’s because an Ironjawz spearhead is planned to go alongside the Vanguard. 🙏 🐗 

Similar to how Blades of Khorne had their Bloodbound Starter Set & Khornite Vanguard together.

5 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

My guess is that armies that still have vanguard will have another compostion than vanguard , or a new unit in the spearhead so they can’t show it yet 

Could also be that armies that got repackage are ones that are the last ones to get battletomes durinf next edition or that repackaging all of them take time.

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

Could also be that armies that got repackage are ones that are the last ones to get battletomes durinf next edition or that repackaging all of them take time.

Maybe , but there is something different planned sooner for the one that still have vanguard 

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

I would say this is the winning bet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

image.png

They simply may not have the manpower to rebox everything in one go.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Maybe , but there is something different planned sooner for the one that still have vanguard 

Well Skaven and SCE are most likely going to get new ones right after launch.

going by 10th edition 40K, they have so far given every army a new combat patrol box with different unit make up when their codex is release.

Edited by novakai

Oh, wow, these absolutely work for me, open-face helmets, wings, and all! Additionally, I love that these models have crackling lightning-eyes, I think it really makes the models identifiably Stormcast rather than a classic armored knight. In fact, it's how I paint most of my SCE, so I'm quite chuffed to see the studio painting team using it! 😄

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Now that we have seen a couple of ruination units, what do you think? Enough "ruination"? Or do you expect from this new chamber?

They definitely up the design aesthetic and complexity of Stormcast eternal compare to previous releases especially when our next to Dominon

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Grunbag said:

image.png

Actually I check the US store and SCE, KO, OBR, Gitz, and Ogors vanguard are renamed to Spearhead. It may just be a timing thing for all the boxes.

they may just be changing the name now to avoid confusion.

Edited by novakai

Time to update the list. Next Week something Skryre (money on weapon team)

Skaven

Already reveal

• Clanrats
  • Age of Sigmar: Fourth Edition Explained, April 15th Update | Goonhammer
  • Warlock engineer (sniper variant)
  • GW Reveals New AoS Stormcast & Skaven Models For 4th Edition

Spoiler

Trailer

• Clawlord on giant rat
  • Skavenclawlordonwolfrat.png.dcec7801cb8fc3cac9324c3c0448b654.png
  • Warhammer Age Of Sigmar's Time Is Over, The Time Of The Skaven Has Come
  • Rat ogre
  • 10 new units in the Age of Sigmar 4th edition trailer
  • SG Warhound - The Grand Alliance Community
  • Jezzail
  • The Rumour Thread - Page 5309 - Age of Sigmar Discussions - The Grand  Alliance Community
  • The Hyper-warp Ratling cannonade /New Artillery
  • New AoS 4th Edition Rulebook & Skaven Starter Leaked
  • caonratas.jpg.1c9339e0c7eb1447cec065695d

SG Warhound rumor list

• Mater moulder
  • ALL weapon team
  • Galvaneer with Warpvolt obliterator
  • Update on that sprue : r/skaven
  • Arch-warlock
  • Stormvermin
  • Globadier
  • New Wolf rat
  • New Verminlord
  • New Behemoth 
  • Nu-Queek & bodyguards

Stormcast

Already reveal

• Liberator
  • Reclusians with Memorians
  • Stormcast Reclusians
  • Prosecutors
  • AoS Prosecutor Apr29 Image1

Spoiler

Trailer

• Lord Vigilant on Gryph-stalker
  • StormcastRaven-gryph.png.5ea9a421a6a8242a1b459883f8c786fd.png
  • Here's a few stills from the 4th edition trailer featuring what Stormcast  stuff I noticed. : r/stormcasteternals

Guess

• Cover Art Executioner (name character?)
  • r/ageofsigmar - New stormcast cardboard ad leak
  • Lighting ghiest?
  • Dan (AoS Shorts) 🇳🇿 on X: "RT @MrLee_Mekshop: Stormcast Lightning geist  (counts as horrorghast) got some hobbytime to paint today Struggled to get  the smokey cloud st…" / X
  • Knight arcanum/Evocator -esq wizards?
  • Domitan's Stormcoven Are Ready to Purge the Wyrdhollow with Holy Bolts of  Lucent Lightning - Warhammer Community
  • New artillery?
  • Age of Sigmar new edition rumors
  • Knight Heraldor
  • Jon Cave - Stormcast Knight Heraldor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

57 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Now that we have seen a couple of ruination units, what do you think? Enough "ruination"? Or do you expect more from this new chamber?

I like what i seeing so far but waiting for "the big thing" so to speak we got two models of the Ruination chamber and the Reclusion is a whole tease as the Stormcast at the edge. I want to see past the edge

Waiting for the Lighting Ghiest or the Transfigure something that is the pinnacle of what the chamber is about like how Vandus Hammerhand, Aventis Firestrike, The Dragon Princes or Yndrasta was for the other Stormcast wave

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

See it on the other hand. On the reveal day Skavens will steal the show as SCE will have only 3 heroes or so to show.

As good as the new SCE sculpts are, Skaven will steal the show no matter what, even if SCE got an amazing surprise mini in the box or whatever I think.

People haven‘t got any significant Skaven release in ages (at least no real AoS release, just some scraps here and there like WH Underworlds) and SCE - while really well made - are „just more Stormcast“. I think the general reactions by people align with that assessment, not trying to diss them….it‘s just that the fandom has waited ages for Skaven and NO army with a ton of releases in the last years could get that kind of reaction. When Sephiroth was babbling about a homecoming, he was probably talking about Skaven finally getting AoS stuff! *rat-logic*

edit: What I’m trying to say, without wanting to come iff as a SCE hater: It‘s a testament to the quality of the new SCE minis that non-SCE players are remotely positive about SCE getting so much stuff again to be honest. I like SCE but find it annoying that some factions got nothing while SCE gets remade units already… and I find that at least the new minis are great updates overall (although I think the old liberator heads were great tbh) so that makes the pill easier to swallow in a way. Hope I got my point across. 

Now we need Ogors and Malerion at least before existing forces get stuff. 😇 

Edited by MitGas

41 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Time to update the list. Next Week something Skryre (money on weapon team)

Skaven

Already reveal

• Clanrats
  • Age of Sigmar: Fourth Edition Explained, April 15th Update | Goonhammer
  • Warlock engineer (sniper variant)

Reveal hidden contents

Trailer

• Clawlord on giant rat
  • Skavenclawlordonwolfrat.png.dcec7801cb8fc3cac9324c3c0448b654.png
  • Warhammer Age Of Sigmar's Time Is Over, The Time Of The Skaven Has Come
  • Rat ogre
  • 10 new units in the Age of Sigmar 4th edition trailer
  • Jezzail
  • The Rumour Thread - Page 5309 - Age of Sigmar Discussions - The Grand  Alliance Community
  • The Hyper-warp Ratling cannonade /New Artillery
  • New AoS 4th Edition Rulebook & Skaven Starter Leaked
  • caonratas.jpg.1c9339e0c7eb1447cec065695d

SG Warhound rumor list

• Mater moulder
  • ALL weapon team
  • Galvaneer with Warpvolt obliterator
  • Update on that sprue : r/skaven
  • Arch-warlock
  • Stormvermin
  • Globadier
  • New Wolf rat
  • New Verminlord
  • New Behemoth 
  • Nu-Queek & bodyguards

Stormcast

Already reveal

• Liberator
  • Reclusians with Memorians
  • Stormcast Reclusians
  • Prosecutors
  • AoS Prosecutor Apr29 Image1

Hide contents

Trailer

• Lord Vigilant on Gryph-stalker
  • StormcastRaven-gryph.png.5ea9a421a6a8242a1b459883f8c786fd.png
  • Here's a few stills from the 4th edition trailer featuring what Stormcast  stuff I noticed. : r/stormcasteternals

Guess

• Cover Art Executioner (name character?)
  • r/ageofsigmar - New stormcast cardboard ad leak
  • Lighting ghiest?
  • Dan (AoS Shorts) 🇳🇿 on X: "RT @MrLee_Mekshop: Stormcast Lightning geist  (counts as horrorghast) got some hobbytime to paint today Struggled to get  the smokey cloud st…" / X
  • Knight arcanum/Evocator -esq wizards?
  • Domitan's Stormcoven Are Ready to Purge the Wyrdhollow with Holy Bolts of  Lucent Lightning - Warhammer Community
  • New artillery?
  • Age of Sigmar new edition rumors
  • Knight Heraldor
  • Jon Cave - Stormcast Knight Heraldor

The sculpts in this starter set are definitely top-tier. Now if only they removed battle tactics. 😇

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MitGas said:

As good as the new SCE sculpts are, Skaven will steal the show no matter what, even if SCE got an amazing surprise mini in the box or whatever I think.

People haven‘t got any significant Skaven release in ages (at least no real AoS release, just some scraps here and there like WH Underworlds) and SCE - while really well made - are „just more Stormcast“. I think the general reactions by people align with that assessment, not trying to diss them….it‘s just that the fandom has waited ages for Skaven and NO army with a ton of releases in the last years could get that kind of reaction. When Sephiroth was babbling about a homecoming, he was probably talking about Skaven finally getting AoS stuff! *rat-logic*

edit: What I’m trying to say, without wanting to come iff as a SCE hater: It‘s a testament to the quality of the new SCE minis that non-SCE players are remotely positive about SCE getting so much stuff again to be honest. I like SCE but find it annoying that some factions got nothing while SCE gets remade units already… and I find that at least the new minis are great updates overall (although I think the old liberator heads were great tbh) so that makes the pill easier to swallow in a way. Hope I got my point across. 

Now we need Ogors and Malerion at least before existing forces get stuff. 😇 

Imagine they show all the units, before the grand reveal, for the Skavens and they reveal only 3 foot heroes for the SCE. Even if Skavens would have more demand, the fact that "only 3 minis" are left for Skavens would make the SCE steal the show. That's what I meant. I just flipped the situation for the example.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

Hmm, it might take me a minute to really warm up to those new Prosecutors. They are obviously an improvement over the old ones. I like the half-helmets, but now I kind of want to know what a full army of Stormcast wearing those looks like!

I think they're trying to strike a very delicate balance between making the newer Stormcast looking gritty, while also being obviously magical in nature. Your armor is caked in dirt and grime, but also farting out lightning out of every pore. I think maybe the wings are a bit much for me in that regard. If anything they are even more extravagant than the original. It's a unit of cool models, though, and I don't mind the tactical pillars all that much.

I do wonder if we will see a multi-part plastic kit later, though. Not that GW is beholden to a particular pattern, but Praetors, for example, never did.

On 4/25/2024 at 9:46 AM, OkayestDM said:

It's been 3 years and my memory is failing me; how much actual information do the faction focuses typically give us? 

A brief faction overview and one or two rules? Maybe a warscroll, or a select ability or weapon profile? 

I don't recall much from the previous faction focuses which tells me that there wasn't much to remember.

Here is the page with the links to the faction focuses in 3rd edition, but they were not called Faction focus then.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/11/how-the-new-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-affects-every-faction/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1