The Rumour Thread

Well to move onto brighter things until more news drops, is anyone doing last hurrah campaigns before the glorious new edition launches?

Besides the store campaigns my Twitter feed is getting full of people doing other fun events for AoS3.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Sure, if you ignore the fact that KoW is square-based, rank-and-file game, which is the opposite of what AoS is supposed to be, there's definitely no reason why GW shouldn't implement a similar design.

Oh, and aside from the fact that they only just released a different, square-based, rank-and-file game. 

But other than that, there's absolutely no reason.

Sorry Gaz, this will be the last thing about the coherency topic from me here.

I never said that I want for AoS to become r&f game. My response was only to show that you don't have to memorise that table to play KoW. 

16 hours ago, Pizzaprez said:

I liked the 2" coherency AoS began with

@Baron Klatz In AOS1, it was already 1" coherency. 

AOS1Corerules.png.759a509f7ea34c8f7c24081037378e1e.png

Speaking of movement tray, I'm glad of the 0.5" because it is made to fit the official Warhammer 40k Apocalypse Movement Trays, which came with 25-32-40mm base sizes options, each with a 0.5" coherency distance (as per the rules of that game) : 

https://citadelcolour.com/videos/apocalypse-movement-trays/

EDIT : sorry didn't see the MOD HAT. Stopping here

I must say I'm very excited about AOS4 rules and releases, way more than I anticipated.

That means I sadly also completely stopped my AOS3 games projects with my 2 regulars AOS friends, focusing on my Warcry group instead...

Edited by HorticulusTGA

Actually this is not very nice from GW to keep posting images with squatted minis but they are technically playable until 2025 so still part of the game for now... 

But yes, too soon indeed (and too frequent)

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

@pitzok Yeah it's an old picture, made when the 3rd ed BT was released. 

GW just slapped an #NewAoS tag on this old photo...

It is just quicker/ cheaper than getting new shots just for this. They can even do it in batches. Get the addition they want to include and pick all the pics where they want it to be applied. So I bet they didn't even check them all for that kind of stuff.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is just quicker/ cheaper than getting new shots just for this. They can even do it in batches. Get the addition they want to include and pick all the pics where they want it to be applied. So I bet they didn't even check them all for that kind of stuff.

Look at this one with old ardboyz 😂😂

kqNdJBNXMKYmc4X8.jpg

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is just quicker/ cheaper than getting new shots just for this.

Of course, for online marketing and social media, no problem. 

But if you have discontinued units / older versions in the pages of the new Core Book (or units about to be replaced), it's kinda lame.

Core Books must show the variety of the ranges in the four Grand Alliances, but editors must be carful to present the game under its best aspect (so don't show units about to get squatted/replaced in AOS, even if they are still part of the lore somehow - like still in Warcry).

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

I mean, that’s on you. It was not worded as some big reveal. We got rules for Darkoath, an article looking at the models, and the EC stuff. All were new looks. Sure, they used the word shindig, but that’s just a fun word. 

It was more of a hootnanny in the end.

• Haha 1

I think the reclusions are brilliant brilliant models and they've sparked my interest in this wave of SCE after all but the thing that sticks out for me is they're all facing the same way with very subtle variations and I would have liked to have seen more variety in the poses. That's to take nothing away from the models, and I presume there's a multi-part kit coming as well, but it just sticks out for me.

They're phenomenal otherwise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Sad that 2 reclusians out of 3 have exactly the same pose

by the way, darkoath lore before skaven lore hahahahaha

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/18/dont-listen-to-sigmar-the-darkoath-are-more-than-just-mindless-chaos-marauders/

The Skaven lore has been a lie! I could even image them thinking it has been published and don't getting it out ever.

Btw, the new artworks are awesome!

AoS DarkoathLore Apr18 Art1

AoS DarkoathLore Apr18 Art2

AoS DarkoathLore Apr18 Art3

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 6

17 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

I think the reclusions are brilliant brilliant models and they've sparked my interest in this wave of SCE after all but the thing that sticks out for me is they're all facing the same way with very subtle variations and I would have liked to have seen more variety in the poses. That's to take nothing away from the models, and I presume there's a multi-part kit coming as well, but it just sticks out for me.

They're phenomenal otherwise.

I was just thinking about the same thing! Clearly something fascinating is going on out of frame to the right, since everyone's looking that way...

17 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

11 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Sad that 2 reclusians out of 3 have exactly the same pose

Very likely just for the monopose launch set. These are prime targets for a multipart kit

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

I was just thinking about the same thing! Clearly something fascinating is going on out of frame to the right, since everyone's looking that way...

Probably they are just avoiding the wind. Seems to be blowing strong from the left:

mariscal-adalid-del-gremio-libre-freeguild-cavalier-marshal-ciudades-de-sigmar-warhammer-age-of-sigmar.jpg

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

I think the reclusions are brilliant brilliant models and they've sparked my interest in this wave of SCE after all but the thing that sticks out for me is they're all facing the same way with very subtle variations and I would have liked to have seen more variety in the poses. 

They should have put dual axes guy in the center, would have broken that "clone" effect the 2 with shields have.

• Like 3