The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Same. Based on the spearhead stuff that’s been photographed, I’m really liking the rules and where 4th is going.

Still not in the FOMO zone for the boxed set but AOS 4th edition is looking great. I’m trying my best not to go crazy getting spearhead sets and focus on what I have!

Spearhead stuff def gives me hope, I am still somewhat wary due to getting burnt by 10th ed 40k but I have a lot more hope from everything they have shown so far.

11 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

Excited for the faction focuses, hope they give us flavorful rules for each army

I hope they do a good job with the factions. 

Lumineth and Skavens seems to be really fun and unique to play. Let's hope for the best

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I hope they do a good job with the factions. 

Lumineth and Skavens seems to be really fun and unique to play. Let's hope for the best

Yeah, everything seen so far looks okay to good.

I am also looking forward to how big the difference will be between the index and a battletome. As with Lumineth the lore of Hysh is a bit small (imo) and because spell lore is chosen per army and not per wizard, how does this work with the Wind and Stone mage?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

our in-depth series exploring every faction in Warhammer Age of Sigmar begins with the Stormcast Eternals.

So ~23-24 factions (orruk split aside) so about 5 weeks of factions in depths 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Dawbringers VI, at last. Also standalone releases of the Darkoath kits and a paperback of Realmslayer.

c3QAN0bZ5XuzjjNj.jpg

eRCUYFnHIVfHQZW7.jpg

DDX2o7OOsMkUXdic.jpg

That nice

the terrain is oddly the stand out Abraxia is good looking model but unless that campaign does a miricle she going to feel like an after thought since we got the Big 5th edition catclysm, the Hammerhald seige aannd the vandus hunt........not to mention  how we already know which city going to fall

Edited by Dragon-knight77

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

The Wind and Stone mage will presumably have a key thematic spell for their element on their warscroll, then use the regular Lore of Hysh as well like the other casters.

Yeah, I guess this will be the case. Which is imo a step back, because they already had a thematic spell on their warscroll in third and  a seperate Lore of the Winds / High Peaks. 

Edit: I am curious how this will translate to CoS.

Edited by Tonhel

Posted (edited)

I am conflicted with Abraxia as I love the model but as I have Be'Lakor and a Stormcast army Eternus feels much more favourable to lead my Varanguard and fitting my narrative of the faithful of sigmar turned to demon worship.

But as I prefer to make my own lore for models Abraxia might fit best as a Chaos Lord Opposing Be'Lakor with an elite guard of Varanguard.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

So ~23-24 factions (orruk split aside) so about 5 weeks of factions in depths 

That nice

the terrain is oddly the stand out Abraxia is good looking model but unless that campaign does a miricle she going to feel like an after thought since we got the Big 5th edition catclysm, the Hammerhald seige aannd the vandus hunt........not to mention  how we already know which city going to fall

GW said 25 faction in V4

33 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

The Wind and Stone mage will presumably have a key thematic spell for their element on their warscroll, then use the regular Lore of Hysh as well like the other casters.

28 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yeah, I guess this will be the case. Which is imo a step back, because they already had a thematic spell on their warscroll in third and  a seperate Lore of the Winds / High Peaks. 

Edit: I am curious how this will translate to CoS.

Found the Stone mage warscroll. Still a bit conflicting that a lore that was previous only for Vanari and Scinari wizards is now mandotary for Stone/Wind mages. The stonemage is also a bit less dureable as he lost his ignore 1 rend protection. Or am I looking at the Spearhead warscroll?

f4a4ac40a149e4c1db99a0c007be7db3_42373.png

5 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

GW said 25 faction in V4

1. Stormcast
  2. Cities of sigmar
  3. Seraphon
  4. Sylvaneth
  5. Lumineth
  6. Idoenth
  7. Daughter of khaine
  8. Kharadon
  9. Fyreslayer
  10. Slaves to darkness
  11. Khorne
  12. Nurgle
  13. Slaanesh
  14. Tzeentch
  15. Skaven
  16. Soulblight
  17. Nighthaunt
  18. Ossiarch
  19. Flesh eater
  20. orks
  21. Gloosmpite
  22. Behemat
  23. Ogres

what am i missing?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Found the Stone mage warscroll. Still a bit conflicting that a lore that was previous only for Vanari and Scinari wizards is now mandotary for Stone/Wind mages. The stonemage is also a bit less dureable as he lost his ignore 1 rend protection. Or am I looking at the Spearhead warscroll?

f4a4ac40a149e4c1db99a0c007be7db3_42373.png

She still gets the -1 to rend trait if you choose the "Alarith" facet of war. This was a nice teaser, but i am so looking forward to having all of the indexes...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:
  1. Stormcast
  2. Cities of sigmar
  3. Seraphon
  4. Sylvaneth
  5. Lumineth
  6. Idoenth
  7. Daughter of khaine
  8. Kharadon
  9. Fyreslayer
  10. Slaves to darkness
  11. Khorne
  12. Nurgle
  13. Slaanesh
  14. Tzeentch
  15. Skaven
  16. Soulblight
  17. Nighthaunt
  18. Ossiarch
  19. Flesh eater
  20. orks
  21. Gloosmpite
  22. Behemat
  23. Ogres

what am i missing?

In the spearhead article they they you will find everything to play the other 23 faction  , plus stormcast and skaven it’s a total of 25 faction . So prob orruk splited ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:
  1. Stormcast
  2. Cities of sigmar
  3. Seraphon
  4. Sylvaneth
  5. Lumineth
  6. Idoenth
  7. Daughter of khaine
  8. Kharadon
  9. Fyreslayer
  10. Slaves to darkness
  11. Khorne
  12. Nurgle
  13. Slaanesh
  14. Tzeentch
  15. Skaven
  16. Soulblight
  17. Nighthaunt
  18. Ossiarch
  19. Flesh eater
  20. orks
  21. Gloosmpite
  22. Behemat
  23. Ogres

what am i missing?

Chaso Dwarfs, Vampirates, Kurnothi, Umbraneth, Silent People, Grotbag Scuttlers, Zombie Beasts of Chaos and of course Halfling Militia.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

In the spearhead article they they you will find everything to play the other 23 faction  , plus stormcast and skaven it’s a total of 25 faction . So prob orruk splited ?

Stormcast has already one spearhead.

99120218081_SCESpearhead13.jpg?fm=webp&w

Edited by cyrus

9 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:
  1. Stormcast
  2. Cities of sigmar
  3. Seraphon
  4. Sylvaneth
  5. Lumineth
  6. Idoenth
  7. Daughter of khaine
  8. Kharadon
  9. Fyreslayer
  10. Slaves to darkness
  11. Khorne
  12. Nurgle
  13. Slaanesh
  14. Tzeentch
  15. Skaven
  16. Soulblight
  17. Nighthaunt
  18. Ossiarch
  19. Flesh eater
  20. orks
  21. Gloosmpite
  22. Behemat
  23. Ogres

what am i missing?

It is either 2 for Stormcast or Orruks being split.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

She still gets the -1 to rend trait if you choose the "Alarith" facet of war. This was a nice teaser, but i am so looking forward to having all of the indexes...

Hopefully there are also the lores of high peaks/winds as an army specific lore , so that you still have the option to go for very thematic army builds.

edit: Rob just posted his Lumineth warscroll review.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is either 2 for Stormcast or Orruks being split.

Can’t wait for clarity about orruks , I need to know if I need to complete my collection or not 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

They said the other 23 faction not 23 spearhead ? 

IMG_7729.jpeg

They said 25 spearheads on Skaventide article

You get the 144-page hardback Spearhead: Fire and Jade book, which contains the rules for 25 separate Spearhead boxes, the Spearhead battlepack, and the Core Rules all in one neat package.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cyrus said:

They said 25 spearheads on Skaventide article

You get the 144-page hardback Spearhead: Fire and Jade book, which contains the rules for 25 separate Spearhead boxes, the Spearhead battlepack, and the Core Rules all in one neat package.

Alright thanks for the information . So it’s 24 with second stormcast and what it’s the 25th ?

Edited by Grunbag

4 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Alright thanks for the information . So it’s 24 with second stormcast and what it’s the 25th ?

I understand it as : 23 AoS factions + second Stormcast and Ironjawz.

I don't see any other possibilities. A man can dream... Yes ? 🥺

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I understand it as : 23 AoS factions + second Stormcast and Ironjawz.

I don't see any other possibilities. A man can dream... Yes ? 🥺

Yeah. It seems the obvious choice. It would be weird if IJ don't have a discount box.