The Rumour Thread

Why cant Orruk Warclans have IJ and KB Spearhead boxes and be in the same tome? Stormcast also has 2 Spearhead boxes. 

And pleaaasse give me a new Spiderfang Spearhead box. I would be eternally gratefull.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I still dont understand why two books is better than one. Nothing proves that with two books you receive more or better content.

I hope at least next edition there's more reward for running pure IJ or KB, feels like big waagh this edition has just been better than either

19 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Why cant Orruk Warclans have IJ and KB Spearhead boxes and be in the same tome? Stormcast also has 2 Spearhead boxes. 

And pleaaasse give me a new Spiderfang Spearhead box. I would be eternally gratefull.

I mean that’s possible , but they should be named orruk warclan . And we saw already a warscroll labeled ironjawz . 

• Like 2

Just now, Luperci said:

I hope at least next edition there's more reward for running pure IJ or KB, feels like big waagh this edition has just been better than either

Big waaagh never been a thing neither for kruleboyz or bonesplitterz . It was only ironjawz + Gobsprakk (this season) and Wurrgog . 

3 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Big waaagh never been a thing neither for kruleboyz or bonesplitterz . It was only ironjawz + Gobsprakk (this season) and Wurrgog . 

I just hope that KB and IJ get more interesting faction abilities this time round

• Like 3

Ok with the box reveal here a visual image of the models that got purge and reminder of what expecting and theorize what to come

With skaven we got our SG warhound list of rumor so the x out are already shown off, the highlighted are one yet to be show off and the box off are one to be purge for now  

Untitleddesign(1).png.daa2aea967f0cd65ae6b460b2bb072a9.png

thing not included in the list are

• Nu-queek
  • Wolf rats
  • New Verminlord
  • New Behemoth
  • Galavaneer with Warpvolt obliterator

For Stormcast we unfortunately get any sort of confirmation but here the image 

Untitleddesign.png.61af1932892a9ab4ec8a81fe24a93b8d.png

Errant Questor was basically another Knight-questor so it counts. I highly doubt we get any of the Sacrosanct units like evocators, Master of the Sacrosanct (he was basically replace with Lord Vigilant), Aventis & Astreia. I cautious to say Paladins since we already got Reclusians and Annihilators

My personal theory being we might get

• Updated Lord Heraldor
  • Updated Lord Celestant
  • Nu-judicator unit
  • Lighting ghiest unit (maybe a name character)
  • 1 name characters.

I might just be off base but i do hope for the lighting-ghiest with how they edge people especially that facebook reponse. Any speculation or Rumor monger smiting is appreciated  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Jetlife said:

It feels like majority were excited for this launch box, but from my conversations with people in my AOS community and following along on TGA and other social platforms it feels like a lot of people are passing on the starter. 

I think we all agree that Skaven needed a refresh and all the models look amazing, but it seems like most are happy for Skaven players but it’s not their thing per say. I’m wondering if Skaven was proper choice for starter. 

Most people who love Skaven already have bought into Skaven. Probably spent thousands of dollars over the years to collect everything. Painted 60+ clanrats, 40+ stormvermin and countless ends of troops. While the new stuff looks fantastic, it’s not really new. Are the clan rats such a massive upgrade that someone would easily replace the 60 they had previous. Same logic could carry into the stormcast side was well. 

Nighthaunt and Kruleboyz were completely new ideas with original sculpts meaning no one had an equity in the army previously and since it was new people would buy them before they had time to decide if they really liked them or not. Most AOS players have already decided on Skaven already. 

For a new player is Skaven enticing? Having to paint 40 models of a unit off the bat could feel daunting. 

Again, none of this is fact, just my observation over the response to the box. I’m curious to what those who want and do not want the box feel.

This community is the only place I’ve seen lukewarm reactions. I’ve had a dozen people reach out to me about teaching them 4th, know of three people who don’t play who are planning on getting the launch box, and my gaming community is amped. 

Maybe the factions aren’t for you, but it’s a great launch - easily the best ever for an edition of AoS. I personally don’t care for the Reclusians and won’t ever play Skaven, but I’m amped. This might be the first launch box I ever purchase. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Ok with the box reveal here a visual image of the models that got purge and reminder of what expecting and theorize what to come

With skaven we got our SG warhound list of rumor so the x out are already shown off, the highlighted are one yet to be show off and the box off are one to be purge for now  

Untitleddesign(1).png.daa2aea967f0cd65ae6b460b2bb072a9.png

thing not included in the list are

• Nu-queek
  • Wolf rats
  • New Verminlord
  • New Behemoth
  • Galavaneer with Warpvolt obliterator

For Stormcast we unfortunately get any sort of confirmation but here the image 

Untitleddesign.png.61af1932892a9ab4ec8a81fe24a93b8d.png

Errant Questor was basically another Knight-questor so it counts. I highly doubt we get any of the Sacrosanct units like evocators, Master of the Sacrosanct (he was basically replace with Lord Vigilant), Aventis & Astreia. I cautious to say Paladins since we already got Reclusians and Annihilators

My personal theory being we might get

• Updated Lord Heraldor
  • Updated Lord Celestant
  • Nu-judicator unit
  • Lighting ghiest unit (maybe a name character)
  • 1 name characters.

I might just be off base but i do hope for the lighting-ghiest with how they edge people especially that facebook reponse. Any speculation or Rumor monger smiting is appreciated  

The SCE side will pretty likely look like this:

image.png.19882dab3a3812c6fc0e6a561a8a0e6e.png

Judicators, Celestant and Azyros/ Venator (I think the latter) will be renewed. Heraldor and Vexillor will fight for a spot. We already have a Vexillor, so probably the Heraldor will be the winner. Thats 4. We have one Castellant from Callis and Toll, another one? 50/50. Paladins? I also think they will be gone, but it is weird, they are quite iconic. The rest is sacrosanct, that is 100% gone and Whitefang teased us that Gavriel won't survive the Hammerhall siege.

If all the above gets renewed, it is 6 kits. Last year the follow-up wave had 5 kits: Warhammer Preview Online – Dominion Celebration - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com) so very likely Paladins and Castellant (and maybe even the Heraldor) won't make it. So IMO we have 3-4 kits pending to be renewed (as much) from that list.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dmorley21 said:

Maybe the factions aren’t for you, but it’s a great launch - easily the best ever for an edition of AoS. I personally don’t care for the Reclusians and won’t ever play Skaven, but I’m amped. This might be the first launch box I ever purchase. 

Legitimately just curious and not being hostile but what's the reasoning behind "easily best ever launch" if over half the box doesn't appeal to you?

Or do you mean with the rules reboot and spearhead being part of it?

For the record I'm excited for the latter myself but the starter contents just aren't for me. 

4 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I’m still waiting for the chaos dwarf teaser campaign.

Apologies but what's the correlation?  Is it the history betwixt the two factions you're referring to here?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Apologies but what's the correlation?  Is it the history betwixt the two factions you're referring to here?

The fact that we have hobgrots/goblins that canonically trade with Chorfs, and the Horns of Hashut in warcry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Why does everybody think we will get new Judicators when these already exist?

Vigilors

Yes they are named differently but do we really need two bow troops? Yes they don't have Crossbows but those are way better placed with Vanguard Stormcast. 

So 1st edition Judicators are basically already replaced. Bow half via Vigilors and Crossbow half via Vanguard Raptors/Hunters (which could also get an update in the future)

And yes there is the Knight Judicator but wouldn't also be unthinkable for GW to just delegate the word Judicator to him alone 

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 5

Just now, Matrindur said:

Why does everybody think we will get new Judicators when these already exist?

Vigilors

Yes they are named differently but they fulfil the same role as a bow troop. Yes they don't have Crossbows but those are way better placed with Vanguard Stormcast. 

So 1st edition Judicators are basically already replaced. Bow half via Vigilors and Crossbow half via Vanguard Raptors/Hunters (which could also get an update in the future)

There's a chance, indeed, but following that same logic we could also get rid of Liberators as Vindictors cover their role with just a different weapon.

IMO Judicators have a problem, and it is that even with the trim of the long forgotten Castigators we still have the Vanguard Hunters, Vanguard Raptors and Vigilors covering a similar role. The point that differentiates Judicators is that they are partly siege machines, and now that the Ballista is gone I think that's the main reason why they will be back as something bulkier than a bow or a crossbow.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

The SCE side will pretty likely look like this:

image.png.19882dab3a3812c6fc0e6a561a8a0e6e.png

Judicators, Celestant and Azyros/ Venator (I think the latter) will be renewed. Heraldor and Vexillor will fight for a spot. We already have a Vexillor, so probably the Heraldor will be the winner. Thats 4. We have one Castellant from Callis and Toll, another one? 50/50. Paladins? I also think they will be gone, but it is weird, they are quite iconic. The rest is sacrosanct, that is 100% gone and Whitefang teased us that Gavriel won't survive the Hammerhall siege.

If all the above gets renewed, it is 6 kits. Last year the follow-up wave had 5 kits: Warhammer Preview Online – Dominion Celebration - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com) so very likely Paladins and Castellant (and maybe even the Heraldor) won't make it. So IMO we have 3-4 kits pending to be renewed (as much) from that list.

I don't think we can say we'll get a Castellant just because Callis and Toll since we have a Castigor in Blacktalons. There won't be both Castellant and a Celestant since they basically just redundant

that being said they're probably won't all just be update as well just like the Termios & Reclusian they most likely also show some sort of New units even the Skaven has the new Behemoth and Artillery 

& It actually 7 kits post Dominion; Bastian, Dragon princes, Chariot, knight Judicator, Vanquisher, viligors, relictor

*************************************************************************************************************************

just a side thing looking back at the Balcktalons those guys kept the Roman Pteruges same with the Warcry questors and it look great with the Thunderstrike armor

TheBlacktalonsReveal Aug07 TheBlacktalons

60010299040_ENGWCNMQuest3.jpg?fm=webp&w=670&h=691

Edited by Dragon-knight77

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There's a chance, indeed, but following that same logic we could also get rid of Liberators as Vindictors cover their role with just a different weapon.

But thats exactly my point, Vindictors and Liberators have different weapons in spears and hammers. Meanwhile Judicators and Vigilors both use bows and with Vanguard Stormcast you also have the crossbows covered. 

So I really don't think there is a place for Judicators anymore. 

Posted (edited)

apologize but i updated the list of the purge models 

the stormcast with the green already updated. Blue are Sacrosanct/2nd edition models

Untitleddesign(1).png.ce8c19a1c5838a0b66cf70614bcbf4c5.png

the red mean purge forever for now and yellow yet to be updated by SG warhound rumor

Untitleddesign(5).png.56e0b63921b14fcdeee73acb363cfbf3.png

Edited by Dragon-knight77
got post preemptively
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

apologize but i updated the 

Untitled design (1).png

A new Celestant is probably guaranteed and while it doesn't have to be a new Knight Azyros, a new winged hero would also make sense. I actually don't think we'll get new Paladins and Gavriel is a named character so also likely gone. Judicators aren't needed anymore as I said above so the only real question marks would be the Heraldor and Castellant.

And of course any new stuff we will get

Edited by Matrindur

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

the stormcast with the green already updated. Blue are Sacrosanct/2nd edition models

the red mean purge forever for now and yellow yet to be updated by SG warhound rumor

Wouldn’t the new large rattling gun count as the update for the old rattling gun team?

5 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Wouldn’t the new large rattling gun count as the update for the old rattling gun team?

It seem not as SG Warhound separated his list with All the Weapon team being updated and New artillery (which is what the Ratling Warpblaster is)

3 hours ago, Cataphract said:

Any leaks of the Clanrats warscroll for AOS? We’ve seen the Spearhead version. 

(Whistles non-conspiratorially)

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

But thats exactly my point, Vindictors and Liberators have different weapons in spears and hammers. Meanwhile Judicators and Vigilors both use bows and with Vanguard Stormcast you also have the crossbows covered. 

So I really don't think there is a place for Judicators anymore. 

My guess is they’ll be Ruination Judicators moved on from Warrior Chamber who get the Vigilors & Knight-Judicator. That way every Chamber has ranged troopers.

As for a role my guess they’ll either be Reclusion Judicators with Stormblasters who are elite artillery(the pic Dragon-knight showed) or they’ll be like regular Judicators but using flamethrower crossbows(castigator proxy bonus) to make all the Ruination Azyr flames aesthetics and be both anti-horde + have the coveted “shoot in combat” ability most other Stormcast lack.

Beyond that my bets are new Warrior chamber Castellant & Heraldor

And Ruination: Judicators, Lord-Relictor, Knight-Azyros with new ghost fire lantern, bound lightning gheist and possibly a new monster cavalry for something flashy.

Named character is up for debate but I imagine Tornus the Redeemed and his brotherhood might pop-up with how much focus the Dawnbringer books gave them. Maybe he’ll get a new Ruination Knight-Venator model with the change being he changed to the chamber to further gird their souls against the touch of chaos again and take up the mantle of Vigilants to watch over the veteran souls of their ancient comrades.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

There's a live 2k AoS4 game going on right now. The production is much better than the spearhead game and they've been sharing all the warscrolls and battletraits. The Lumineth shrine can move now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I hope the Doom Flayer doesn't get dropped and gets a flashy new model. I find the idea of a couple of Skaven inexpertly driving a big ball of slicing death that they're barely in control of quite amusing. 

21 minutes ago, Chikout said:

There's a live 2k AoS4 game going on right now. The production is much better than the spearhead game and they've been sharing all the warscrolls and battletraits. The Lumineth shrine can move now!

Yeah it’s really popping off! (Also IOU a happy emote)

I like HeyWoah can both up the hype while also does his part in keeping fans sensible. 😄

• Haha 7
  • LOVE IT! 1