The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Isn't the silver tower Questor still going to be around? I thought this one is replacing this questor?

Warhammer Stormcast Eternals Knight-Questor Larissa Shadowstalker

The Veritant is possibly one the best model of the reveals with only the Terminos beating it just for the helm (just personal preference). It definitely the best sculted with the Sigmar-reaper shield, flaming sword, the hellhound skull pauldrons

jexi2NKnrozzT7EV.jpg.8b22274035d2f5a0636ca0f471235ec9.jpg

Don't know if this was discuss and/or confirmed but the Ratling warp blaster is not the Ratling gunner replacement? It the new artillery that SG warhound mention separate from the weapon team complete reamake?

Skaven4

Yeah. I think it is the new artillery.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Soon will be uploaded to the resources site: Resources - Retailers' Network (games-workshop.com)

An interesting note, I was looking at it in case it was ready to be downloaded and I found out they have over there pics of 12 Spearheads!

image.jpeg.f8bd1344cd5cb279edf1c3cb47240586.jpeg

They are:

- DOK.
- SOB.
- KO.
- Nurgle.
- Silvaneth.
- HoS.
- OBR.
- SG.
- GG.
- Ogors.
- ID.

If we sum up that those that we know already have one (SCE, Skavens, CoS and FEC) we have 16 factions and we can have a pretty solid idea of the early released factions for 4th, maybe?

So:

- Khorne.
- FS.
- LRL.
- Seraphon.
- Nightaunt.
- Tzeentch.
- S2D.
- Warclans.

Blades of Khorne are also up there between the Slaanesh and Ossiarch sets.

Also funnily they did the same type I always do with Slaanesh and called it Slannesh here so if even GW can't remember how its written its fine if I don't right? 😁

Edited by Matrindur

2 hours ago, Greene said:

start to think about what center piece will be when new tome come out for Skaven and SCE

1. Lord-commander from Hallowed Knight?
2.thunderstrike celestant prime? (maybe not, old model exist...

Celestant Prime won't be renewed. Otherwise it would have been in THE LIST.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Blades of Khorne are also up there between the Slaanesh and Ossiarch sets.

Also funnily they did the same type I always do with Slaanesh and called it Slannesh here so if even GW can't remember how its written its fine if I don't right? 😁

Lol. True. I am blind. That's even better, it reduces the list into one more feasible roadmap for the early 4th edition.

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Celestant Prime won't be renewed. Otherwise it would have been in THE LIST.

It's in this photo too. A new celestant prime is very unlikely. Screenshot_20240518-190327.png.44f05958f9867fd63703c7ddbf695e6d.png

I'm hoping to see a diorama style kit with a chained lightning giest. 

1 hour ago, Davariel said:

I have to say, I'm absolutely blown away by the glow up the Lord-Veritant got. It went from one of the most generic and forgettable models in the range to an incredible, haunting execution of the "witch hunter Stormcast" concept.

There are a lot of great models in the box, but I think that one's my favourite.

It is also curious that she is part of the Ruination. Did Veritants die that many times pursuing the chaotic taint?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Funnily enough, for me its the complete opposite. The new stormcast feel extremely generic, bog standard dark fantasy to me. While they are new, I feel like I have seen them twenty times before.

Well, you can say that from every Stormcast or Space Marine.

I just cant wait for new Ogors. The possibilities have my mind spinning!!

Looking at these new Clanrats and the amount of detail on such a small minis makes me so excited for much a larger mini like an Ogor can have!!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Damn, the skaven AoS rules look like WAAAAAAY funnier than the skaven TOW ones. Im now decided to at least give it a go. I missed all that flavour of killing my own furry idiots to get stupid buffs.

Edited by Garrac

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Soon will be uploaded to the resources site: Resources - Retailers' Network (games-workshop.com)

An interesting note, I was looking at it in case it was ready to be downloaded and I found out they have over there pics of 12 Spearheads!

image.jpeg.f8bd1344cd5cb279edf1c3cb47240586.jpeg

They are:

- DOK.
- SOB.
- KO.
- Nurgle.
- Silvaneth.
- HoS.
- Khorne.
- OBR.
- SG.
- GG.
- Ogors.
- ID.

If we sum up to that those that we know already have one (SCE, Skavens, CoS and FEC) we have 16 factions and we can have a pretty solid idea of the early released factions for 4th, maybe?

So:

- FS.
- LRL.
- Seraphon.
- Nightaunt.
- Tzeentch.
- S2D.
- Warclans.

Intetesting guesses, I'm gonna add some spice.

-LRL: actually, with the new batallion system, ydrilan are alone, so the need one hero to come with them.

-Ser: one hero squatted early in the edition, instead of just wait to the release book like they are doing in 40k

-Tz: Two resin heroes being sold out already.

-S2D: Chaos sorc being sold out aswell.

-Orruk: We need another spearhead for them, to play ironjawz in that gamemode.

• Like 2

This is from spearhead but sentinels get crit auto wounds while wardens get crit mortal damage. It looks like shooting will no longer do mortal damage. I'm pretty happy with this change. Screenshot_20240518-194332.png.b170f210e49f6c29a1433bb0b909a19c.png

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

@Dragon-knight77 Just realised your game would have to wait a bit to be solved... 😅

Well, since we didn't get a roadmap, might as well make some guesses:

• Nighthaunt (Surgeon Character (from REs))
  • Seraphon (Saurus Old Blood (RE) + Endless Spells?)
  • Idoneth (Character(s) + Endless Spells? or mini wave (from REs))
  • Tzeentch (Character(s) + terrain?)
  • S2D (Character(s))

Would have put Warclans in here too but I'm still not sure what they are planning with them.
Also hoping we start getting Endless Spells and faction terrain again after the new focus on them in 4th.

Also putting in my guess for a Cities release in late 2025, because why not.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MitGas said:

I think it‘s unfortunate timing for people to feel less hyped right now but I understand why. The new minis are great but it‘s a bit much as well - not the minis but another edition with new rules/expenses in a rather short time. 

GW never released new editions as fast as they do now. I guess it‘s to mimic patches from video games but GW usually does a lot more than just rebalance a couple of things, so it gets „overwhelming“ in a way. 

I hope the new rules are good ultimately and that the new edition will be around for a long time or that 5th won‘t change much. I might be one of few but to me 2nd ed was already pretty damn good and I wasn‘t big on 3rd. I hope 4th will stay longer so that my group and I can enjoy it longer. It‘s funny how a good thing can also be a bad thing. 

I think this is one of those things where 2nd might be remembered better than it was. While simpler than 3rd, it was wildly imbalanced. We’re talking where some books would stay in 40s for win percentage while others were in the 70s at times. Also, conga lines 🤮 

I still loved the game then, and also loved 3rd. However, from everything I’ve seen, it looks like 4th is the best yet. Really excited to see what this new rules team can do with a full edition (they took over with the Nurgle book in 3rd). 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Chikout said:

This is from spearhead but sentinels get crit auto wounds while wardens get crit mortal damage. It looks like shooting will no longer do mortal damage. I'm pretty happy with this change. Screenshot_20240518-194332.png.b170f210e49f6c29a1433bb0b909a19c.png

I'm about to cry…

My 60 Snetinels…

48 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Well, since we didn't get a roadmap, might as well make some guesses:

• Nighthaunt (Surgeon Character (from REs))
  • Seraphon (Saurus Old Blood (RE) + Endless Spells?)
  • Idoneth (Character(s) + Endless Spells? or mini wave (from REs))
  • Tzeentch (Character(s) + terrain?)
  • S2D (Character(s))

Would have put Warclans in here too but I'm still not sure what they are planning with them.
Also hoping we start getting Endless Spells and faction terrain again after the new focus on them in 4th.

Also putting in my guess for a Cities release in late 2025, because why not.

Im really really hoping for a new Idoneth Wave this Edition. One of the most aesthetically unique factions in any Warhammer setting and are severely underutilised.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

They have been pure thrash for half the edition :(

It seems that most of 4.0 ranged attacks are going to be support dmg dealers than just hammers. As a KO player, I'm ok with that.

5 minutes ago, Ragest said:

They have been pure thrash for half the edition :(

Well they're two attacks now, they keep the rend on lofted shots, they still have the ability to crit on a 5+ and auto wound is a solid ability. Of course it all depends on points but that looks like a pretty solid warscroll now. 

• Like 1