The Rumour Thread

Just now, PraetorDragoon said:

Allies is always one of those interesting concepts that doesn't really work that well in practice.

One one hand, you have a nice way to integrate a cool unit/model into your army if you like the look.

On the other hand, allies usually don't matter rules wise unless they generate a broken combination. 

That's exactly my point. RoR are a good look that how allies should work. ToW have a good approach too and you must build like a small army inside your army (you must respect all the restrictions and requiriments of your ally detachment)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Well, there was at the end of the day a Tau focus. Guess we're not geting a lot of AoS articles for the rest of the week?

I would expect no AoS articles until the reveal next week. I am hoping to be surprised though

Just now, DinoJon said:

I would expect no AoS articles until the reveal next week. I am hoping to be surprised though

Wasnt there suposed to be, at the very least, a dawnbringers article?

2 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

Honestly? Good for them, nice to see some more hopefully good-quality manufacture larp kit hit the market. I've been feeling a fair few pangs of regret of late at not being able to attend Empire LRP (a very cool fest-scale larp in the UK where I played for a while, and was later on the plot team for) any more, and this isn't helping xD

(Edit for clarity: Empire LRP isn't a WFRP larp about the Warhammer Empire or anything, it is its own entirely different thing - but it's always nice to have a wider range of kit to choose from when kitting up a character)

what... Empire is that larp about then if not WHFB Empire? strange name if it isn't

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

This is about the same time last year that the 40k rules were leaked. Potato pics of the core book can show up any day now...

Yup. At a guess with the set being shown off next week as well as the showcase game, I imagine there will be copies in stores to generate hype.

Problem, I've found with all this stop start of articles and things, my hype has been draining :( (but that may be due to lots of work at moment!)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mutton said:

This is about the same time last year that the 40k rules were leaked. Potato pics of the core book can show up any day now...

depends if anyone is willing to leak anything. Happens in 40K but less in Sigmar 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Don't be that guy.

We need some ranged profiles, a brief explanation about Artillery and some talk about range (appart of being cut).

It seems that snipers will have 24", and bows 18", what about artillery or pistols? And I'm really curious about an Auto-Hit USR (if any) for gas-breath like weapons or weird stuff like lightning ammunition or volley guns.

Didn’t they mentioned that shooting will have shorter range in V4 ?

6 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Didn’t they mentioned that shooting will have shorter range in V4 ?

I thought they did, too.  Maybe they will, but we certainly haven't seen much evidence for that on the warscrolls so far. 

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

There's been more than a month since the last one. Who knows...

Um, so, dont want to be all doomin and gloomin cos I know AoS spaces are very positive spaces, but... again, GW, are you really trying to sell this???

Leviathan had almost a daily article on every aspect of the rulebok, and still left out some stuff!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

what... Empire is that larp about then if not WHFB Empire? strange name if it isn't

It's a lrp about a fantasy empire of several different nations that is... very different to WHFB's Empire. The player characters are the movers and shakers of the empire - the politicians, magi, priests, merchants, and elite soldiers - who vie for power, seats in government, and the opportunity to influence the empire's activities in the direction they want or for the benefit of their particular nation. Every governmental position in the Senate, Synod, etc, all the way up to the emperor/empress, is a player character position, and there's huge amounts of trade-offs, politicking, alliances etc for people seeking to grip those levers of power, a whole high-level military campaign across multiple fronts of the empire, magical audiences with weird-as-****** occult beings... ; and then there are also people who just turn up to run a tea-house, or who like to argue fantasy religion (in the empire's extremely odd but very cool religious premise), or who stage in-character plays, or other much more low-stakes stuff.

The battles are a lot of fun too, as there's two battles an event and you're expected to turn up to take a 'monster' NPC role if you fight in the other battle as your PC, so there's hundreds upon hundreds of combatants; and I never miss the opportunity to repost this photo, of the moment the players first ran into the notorious War Rhino prop in the battlefield. A force of about 600 player characters got absolutely brutalised and took heavy casualties in this particular battle - the game's grown a lot since then, when there was probably still less than 2000 attendees, now I think reaching over 3000 players (closer to 4k I think?) at the last event.

tumblr_nc2fnxCttX1ro785bo1_1280.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

I mean didn’t the leaker listed all the new models coming out?

like there not much else to spoils as this probably the last big AoS release for the year and thing like faction focus and rules are generally things that aren’t leaked by people

58 minutes ago, novakai said:

depends if anyone is willing to leak anything. Happens in 40K but less in Sigmar 

wouldn't mind someone leaking the next year or so of AoS at all, tbh! Otherwise it's going to be a hot minute before I'm anticipating much of anything out of GW! Won't be picking up the 4th edition box unless my friend is extremely enthusiastic about the Skaven in it, and I'm not planning to finish the Dawnbringers series anymore

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean didn’t the leaker listed all the new models coming out?

like there not much else to spoils as this probably the last big AoS release for the year and thing like faction focus and rules are generally things that aren’t leaked by people

Only the Skaven models as far as I know. 

46 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

wouldn't mind someone leaking the next year or so of AoS at all, tbh! Otherwise it's going to be a hot minute before I'm anticipating much of anything out of GW! Won't be picking up the 4th edition box unless my friend is extremely enthusiastic about the Skaven in it, and I'm not planning to finish the Dawnbringers series anymore

They probably release a roadmap during the later part of this year.

it could just be very battletome release heavy like what happen infamously to AoS in 2022 with few to no big releases.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

They probably release a roadmap during the later part of this year.

it could just be very battletome release heavy like what happen infamously to AoS in 2022 with few to no big releases.

As messed up as they have the production right now I doubt we will see a roadmap to avoid getting forced into any commitment.