The Rumour Thread

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

Ok, its been quite some time since I last checked this thread. Has there been any particular interesting news or rumours?

It has been a quiet time recently:

- Big box previewed in a couple of weeks and selling on June 29th (preorder on the 15th).
- Based on the Adepticon videos and a recent article seems we will have terrain and a matt and some extra printed content on the launch box.
- Whitefang Jr mentioned Cogfort, but we don't know if it was a joke or a leak about the upcoming CoS range.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As we are discussing potential Azyrite Scenery in the Launch box, I just wanted to share this video of all Realms Of Ruin cut scenes. I do not play video game and saw mostly "meh" online comments on gameplay, but by Sigmar does the worldbuilding looks good in those animations !

The story is fine, the actors' voices are great (both Stormcast and Kruleboyz, also that twin-souled Magister). I feel the developpers really got the setting (AOS & Ghur) right, e.g. they add little objective markers like KB Realmstone mining site. Great inspiration for conversions and such.

Also, Harkanibus really looks like to be directly inspired by the Gallet / Intact CoS unrealized buildings, and that makes me sad :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘d love that.

There are still a lot of discussions, but for me something is clear. If it is not the launch box, the starter set will have the scenery and the Aqshy/Ghyran matt they mentioned.

17 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

As we are discussing potential Azyrite Scenery in the Launch box, I just wanted to share this video of all Realms Of Ruin cut scenes. I do not play video game and saw mostly "meh" online comments on gameplay, but by Sigmar does the worldbuilding looks good in those animations !

The story is fine, the actors' voices are great (both Stormcast and Kruleboyz, also that twin-souled Magister). I feel the developpers really got the setting (AOS & Ghur) right, e.g. they add little objective markers like KB Realmstone mining site. Great inspiration for conversions and such.

Also, Harkanibus really looks like to be directly inspired by the Gallet / Intact CoS unrealized buildings, and that makes me sad :(

If you want to see the whole set of buildings check this:

I took screenshots of all of them to have inspiration for scratch-building.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It has been a quiet time recently:

- Big box previewed in a couple of weeks and selling on June 29th (preorder on the 15th).
- Based on the Adepticon videos and a recent article seems we will have terrain and a matt and some extra printed content on the launch box.
- Whitefang Jr mentioned Cogfort, but we don't know if it was a joke or a leak about the upcoming CoS range.

Whitefang back me up mentioned already on February about “ new destroyed buildings along rats and storm cast in the starter set “ and he was serious about Cogfort ! 😉

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, cyrus said:

There is some rumours going around about discontinuation of warhammer underworlds : have you heard something? 😱

Yeah. I think they were posted here, from 4chan, and the majority of us thought it was fake as even the same rumour was very contradictive in other bits. It is the same one that said warcry will disappear and be replaced with something Mordheim like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Whitefang back me up mentioned already on February about “ new destroyed buildings along rats and storm cast in the starter set “ and he was serious about Cogfort ! 😉

Uhhh. I totally forgot about this. The key is he mentioned Starter, so IMO this brings more power to the idea that GW cannot distinguish between Launch and Starter and it is messing around the community by saying the launch box will have terrain and a cardboard matt.

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I swear we have to get it announced tonight!! If not itll release just weeks before 4th Edition!!

Maybe there are no more short stories coming in the end?

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

[...]
[...]

Wait what?!

When did we get the release date rumor? I definitely missed that! 

If that's right it's awesome!

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, KarrWolves said:

Wait what?!

When did we get the release date rumor? I definitely missed that! 

If that's right it's awesome!

On Wednesday:

Anyways, we've always been around that date. Either the 29th for the announcement or for the sale.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

There is some rumours going around about discontinuation of warhammer underworlds : have you heard something? 😱

They always come from ToW/Fantasy/AoS haters subreddits, content creators or 4chan. They are always claiming that it is for be substituted for a warbands game related to Fantasy world. But it always fail that Underworlds is related to the Main Studio.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cyrus said:

under a warmachine keyword it’s totally possible we see cogfort 

Edited by Grunbag

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

On Wednesday:

Anyways, we've always been around that date. Either the 29th for the announcement or for the sale.

So if I had to guess with the 29th as the release date, I think the schedule for 4th would look something like that:

- May 7th to June 7th: factions focus (1/day)
- June 9th: Sunday preview
- June 10th-14th: Core rules + modules pdfs
- June 15th: preorder
- June 17th to 20th: indexes pdfs (1 day per grand Alliance)
- June 21st: points values
- June 25th: spearhead rules pdf
- June 29th: box release

• Like 1

Just now, KarrWolves said:

So if I had to guess with the 29th as the release date, I think the schedule for 4th would look something like that:

- May 7th to June 7th: factions focus (1/day)
- June 9th: Sunday preview
- June 10th-14th: Core rules + modules pdfs
- June 15th: preorder
- June 17th to 20th: indexes pdfs (1 day per grand Alliance)
- June 21st: points values
- June 25th: spearhead rules pdf
- June 29th: box release

I think in 40k we got the indexes after the box was released.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think in 40k we got the indexes after the box was released.

40k 10th:
- May 2nd to June 2nd: Faction focus
- June 2nd: Core rules
- June 10th: pre order
- June 12th to 15th: indexes
- June 16th: point values
- June 20th: combat patrol rules
- June 24th: leviathan release

I've never played 40k but I've done my homework 😁

Edited by KarrWolves
  • Thanks 4