The Rumour Thread

Was just tuning into Val's stream. There's a rumour that Chaos Dwarves were originally slated for the Old World, but ended up looking too similar to the new designs proposed for AoS, so the Old World focus was scrapped and was shifted towards AoS for their plastic release. 

Bizarre business decisions if true, but good for AoS I suppose? (A disappointing basis for releases imo).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Was just tuning into Val's stream. There's a rumour that Chaos Dwarves were originally slated for the Old World, but ended up looking too similar to the new designs proposed for AoS, so the Old World focus was scrapped and was shifted towards AoS for their plastic release. 

Bizarre business decisions if true, but good for AoS I suppose? (A disappointing basis for releases imo).

This doesn't sound right. Before sculpting a model you get a concept art. If a concept art for TOW is too similar to AoS is not enough reason to cut down a faction from one game and move it to another. It just sounds like it has 0% credibility from a company artist processes creation POV.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

This doesn't sound right. Before sculpting a model you get a concept art. If a concept art for TOW is too similar to AoS is not enough reason to cut down a faction from one game and move it to another. It just sounds like it has 0% credibility from a company artist processes creation POV.

Perfect plausibele. Two different studio’s that don’t share their concepts. 

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We even know the very likely name of the model:

Ok, ok, you guys saw it before me, message received, way to pee on my parade! 😝 I'll be in the cellar, flagellating myself for my transgressions! 

48 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Maw Krusha = Huge Wyvern

Gore Grunta = Big Pigs cav unit

Maw Grunta = Huge Pig

If GW wants to go full circle with their naming we need the last one.

Gore Krusha = Big Wyverns cav unit???

Old school Wyvern return?

Wyvern.webp.b7fd8dc1b281c2907677f4288709141a.webp

When Kruleboyz cam out there was a White dwarf passage about all kind of monster in the swamp of Ghur; one being a bog wyvern

BeastofThondia.png.73071b3fef1654ea949c56728c0fa8e8.png

I know it being used by the TOW orc boss but they're still some diffraction they could make (also come on are we not allow to use griffons and horse because Empire has them?)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Ok, ok, you guys saw it before me, message received, way to pee on my parade! 😝 I'll be in the cellar, flagellating myself for my transgressions! 

Just adding the extra info we got from here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

When Kruleboyz cam out there was a White dwarf passage about all kind of monster in the swamp of Ghur; one being a bog wyvern

I know it being used by the TOW orc boss but they're still some diffraction they could make (also come on are we not allow to use griffons and horse because Empire has them?)

the murknob banner supposedly nas the tongue of a miredrake impaled on it. A swamp dragon monster would be fun to see, maybe with some breaka clan handlers, that way between the breaka boss and monsta killaz you could have a solid army archetype

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

image.png.d690491dd10f69109468bcd6e639f3c5.png

Not sure if you saw this image... Those new Skaven are sexy beasts!

Skaven are set to be gorgeous! Id love to see plague monks in the new style; nurglitch is cool

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I could see this being true *if* the Old World Chaos Dwarfs on the table was them bringing back the Forgeworld line, which would require a few new resin moulds because iirc two(?) of them broke. 

If GW was looking at putting out something like what came out of TWW for their plastics, there *would* be a lot of toe-stepping there in the Infernal Guard, characters, and "big cow" mount. 

If they go with the staple cannon/mortar/missile options with "something else" (train theme, siege tower, whirlwind, skullcracker) for AoS, it *would* be pretty similar except one is a train

I'm hoping to see stuff that looks closer to the TWW bighats; I like blunderbusses more than fireglaives. Honestly this could be completely true and not have a huge impact on what comes from AoS chorfs

48 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Idk if you guys know about the game Arcworlde but they have a swamp wyvern there, I was cosindering to use it as a kruleboyz maw krushaSwampWyvern_1080x.jpg.915752c8a8e5872e27473d708b5e904d.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Luperci said:

Maybe they want to create that feel by making coalition rules for LRL, KO etc. instead, that way they'll get you to buy into 2 armies instead of 1

That probably the best way to do it though they tend to fear mixing stuff from other army from a balance perspective.

Most likely that why CoS lost it to begin with because the first book abuse it too much.

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

the murknob banner supposedly nas the tongue of a miredrake impaled on it. A swamp dragon monster would be fun to see, maybe with some breaka clan handlers, that way between the breaka boss and monsta killaz you could have a solid army archetype

The Monsta Killaz from Warcry has a little Grot that snatching one of the Mire drake Eggs.

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

Well since the Bonesplitterz are going the way of background fluff Kruleboyz Breaka Boss have room to play around with the additional monsters of the realms but always feel like the

that not to say Ironjawz should be left out since as i feel like IJ should get creature that fit with their "outback/caynon" nature if you know what i mean compare to the Krulboyz "swamp" theme.  

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

" There's a rumour that Chaos Dwarves were originally slated for the Old World, but ended up looking too similar to the new designs proposed for AoS"

We're going to here ever & ever. The Snarlfang rider was slated for old world, the Saurus guard was slated for TOW, the chaos warrior was slated for TOW blah blah blah everything that not Stormcast is slated to Old World blah

moving from that peeve if true that AOS is going to keep the Chaos dwarfs Assyrian aesthetic  it definitely be interesting to see how they bring the 5th edition big hats & big beards with hand and legs (which was what the dwarfs essentially were back then) to the tabletop while "AOS-ifed" which what every WHF faction that transition sorta did (the different bloodlines or the new dinos stuff like that)

Chaos dwarfs by Warhammer: History, Analysis & Facts | Arthive

Warhammer: Chaos Dwarfs / Characters - TV Tropes

Chaosdwarfs.jpg.fbd8e594da43a41b05b1f58c634c2999.jpg

First look at K'daai Destroyer : r/totalwar

• Like 5

I think like Votann (the most recent Warhammer dwarf release) Chaos Duradin are probably going to be more grounded and serious but still have a central theme that sell the army.

the AoSifed army would probably it own thing with maybe one or two key points from the old stuff (given their lore tibits it probably more industry heavy with daemon engines)

• Like 1