The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, GhostShark said:

They're insisting on keeping the focus on SCE instead of allowing another army to be in the starter box, but they know the SCE line is bloated and they can't keep endlessly filling it with new units. So we get a Stormcast refresh 10-15 years ahead of schedule (compared to Primaris). Thats the problem with insisting on having a poster faction and trying to artificially recreate space Marine popularity. You burn through decades of releases way to quick and end up trying to force your player base to rebuy the same units they just bought a few years ago.

Ha, another "weird" and "challenge to logic" option would be removing Stormcasts from the 5th edition starter box.

6 hours ago, Rollcage said:

The magma endless spells would fit in a fantasy chaos dwarf army like a glove

That's the problem. Fantasy. We don't know how they would look or act in comparison with their fantasy counterpart.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, EonChao said:

Just and idle thought, do you think that Beasts of Chaos, Bonesplitters and Sacrosanct Chamber will get Spearhead rules in their online tomes?

I don't think so. IMO GW don't expect the players to think about them in this "new game".

11 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Imo you are overreacting. Most GW customers are doing in 6 years something else. It's a shame that GW did this, but this will have zero impact on customer behaviour.

If GW releases beautiful mini's I will buy them. I will certainly not worry what possible could happen with these mini's in 6 years. Lol, if that is the worst thing that could happen to me in 6 years. I am all in.😀

But this mentality is exactly part of the problem and the reason GW even dares to do this! Your post is neither kind, nor understanding and I for sure assure you, that you would probably NOT be happy that your army/unit/subfaction just gets deleted after 6 years (and I do not wish you this either....).

I am daring to repost parts of a post I made in the "save the BoC" Thread where I wrote:

I think, that it is really important to signal to Games Workshop, that this kind of behavior is not well accepted by it's community. They will definitely dare to do these kind of things again if we do not step in, hence it is even more important to show some form of discontent! This can be seen in so many industries, where sometimes really useful things are abandoned and dumb things become standard forcing you to buy and consume even more (like removable phone batteries, mac avoiding any form of reparation of their products). These things come - in many industries - at the cost of the environment and the consumers. If we let them do these kind of things, they will push these cuts even further and wherever they can, and I honestly don't think that anyone would like the results coming out of this.

It is especially absurd in this perspective, because the warhammer community is a really passionate (and in many cases kind community, especially towards GW itself) community where most people are ready to spend a lot of money on extremely  overpriced products. We are already supporting GW by a 100% and they already milk this community extremly hard (I mean, just look at the steady price increases, I am also pretty sure that there will be a certain point, where the community will definitely start to be unhappy about it, because it starts to be a real investment just to start the hobby and to keep up with it, which becomes really absurd if you ask me and we are definitely not all able to afford regular costs for miniatures if the prices are so high).

Squatting an entire army as a reward of customer fidelity (or even subfactions of armies) is just absolutely problematic and should not be that easily accepted by our community! We are spending SO much money on these overpriced miniatures, we are putting  lot of time into this hobby! We are such an invested community, it really should not be that way, and I don't really get why some people are so comprehensive towards GW. Just "making money" is not a valid point to mistreat customers......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Honestly, a silly named champion for Kragnos doesn't sound that bad. If it is Ratnos and it is Skaven would be a peak of laughs.

Gobsprakk was pretty much Kragnos' champion but they seem to be getting a divorce. 

5 hours ago, Luperci said:

I feel like there's plenty of design space between chaos duardin and fyreslayers tbh. Just looking at your basic dawi, a chaos duardin would be more armoured, have dark robes, they won't have scaled cloaks or large etched runes. In terms of colour schemes I expect chaos dwarfs to go dark purples and blacks with accents of red and gold. Contrast to the dominant bright orange and tan flesh colours on the FS. Chaos duardin I imagine will have tech like the kharadron but it'll look more patchwork and steam powered, compared to the KO which look like electrical/clockwork magic stuff. Outside of basic infantry I imagine chaos duardin will just go crazy too, demon fire elementals, armour constructs, lammasu, it'd be a great place to put a war mammoth or giant bull mammoth creature. I wonder how chaos duardin foot soldiers would be equipped, ie. will we get a gunner/flamethrower unit?

chd_infernal_guard_01.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I feel like there's plenty of design space between chaos duardin and fyreslayers tbh.

(Just joking) Some of us here were correct, Ogors and FS are on the chopping block and will be put in a melting pot and remastered to the new Chaos Dwarfs. Games workshops ultimate goal being to corrupt all existing armies and make an enormous "Legions of Chaos book" which is a new kind of "Realms Of Chaos" book, where Chaos Won again and the whole mortal realms get conquered. Warcry will go "back to it's roots" and is gonna bring back all the squatted content and become a full-fledged "skirmish in the age of chaos" game.

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

Synergy across games seems to be almost the opposite of how GW work, especially with like the Old World/AoS divide…

I think synergy is more about games from the same universe. TOW is on its own right now.

7 hours ago, Hollow said:

and  what exactly have they done? Remove models that had a big flashing neon sign above them that screamed "NOT LONG FOR THIS WORLD". The fact you didn't use your eyes or brain isn't GW fault. Also, I thought you were done with the hobby now that Beasts are gone? 

I usually appreciate your comments, as they are grounded in business realities and help to understand why certain things happen in GW. This is a valuable perspective that many gamers lack. But then comes the unsettling part - you seem to actively endorse these “tough but necessary” business decisions. Seriously, man, what’s the point of rubbing the salt into this fresh cut?

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think big hats won't be so prominent in the army.

Yeah definitely, if the horns of hashut are for the same army range, then we probably already have some idea as to what the helmets could look likeimage.png.02197bbd98fc9dee5a2429cba1cc3906.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

IMO the "weird" and "challenge to logic" bit refers to the lore. What about Azyr being completely destroyed or Stormcasts not being able to be reforged anymore?

It has to do. Otherwise, it can mean literally anything.

I am gonna say that bonesplitterz, gors and the incarnate fuse with each other and then Morghur wereboars appear in the realms. Or that Sigmar forge the first stormcast grots. 😝

11 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Don’t forget him and his chaos helm topper. Maybe new ones will have horns at the top?

Iron-Golem-8.jpg

image.png.de91e87e3d36b040e058e38dfe8ff3d4.pngOut of the 2 chaos dwarves we've seen, the iron golems one is definitely better than the spire tyrants one 

46 minutes ago, Son Of Morghur said:

But this mentality is exactly part of the problem and the reason GW even dares to do this! Your post is neither kind, nor understanding and I for sure assure you, that you would probably NOT be happy that your army/unit/subfaction just gets deleted after 6 years (and I do not wish you this either....).

I am daring to repost parts of a post I made in the "save the BoC" Thread where I wrote:

Squatting an entire army as a reward of customer fidelity (or even subfactions of armies) is just absolutely problematic and should not be that easily accepted by our community! We are spending SO much money on these overpriced miniatures, we are putting  lot of time into this hobby! We are such an invested community, it really should not be that way, and I don't really get why some people are so comprehensive towards GW. Just "making money" is not a valid point to mistreat customers......

No, you all think that because you bought mini's from GW, they own you lifelong support for those mini's. That's unrealistic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

58 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Poor @Whitefang, he needs to be Silent to much time. My only expectation is that the next Lore campaign would Change things on the Realms foreverer. I am Hungry to know the news.

Im gunna cross all my fingers and toes and hope this is a subtle hint for something Ogor related!!

• Like 1