The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I had to go and check they weren't mentioned in the purge article.

Do any of the KO gunships count as artillery?

Nope, the Frigate and the Ironclad are behemoths but none of them are artillery

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Queue on the webstore this morning. It has an I'm not a robot thing.

And the countdown is in minutes and seconds this time.

Ok, so it turns out the countdown was for the wait to join the queue. Now I'm in the queue with the progress bar but no numeric estimate of wait time.

Edit: just realised the count down timer was until 10am local time.

Edited by EntMan

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

They do go through phases of removing the characters from the Vanguard boxes from the webstore to encourage people desperate to buy them to pick up the box. There's plenty of others like it right now, the Isharen Soulscryer, Fyreslayer Battlesmith, Melusai Ironscale, Magister on Disc, Knight of Shrouds, Branchwych, and Mortisan Soulreaper are all in the same boat. That said both the Grey Seer and Vanguard are certainly getting replaced with new models

That would be the regular GW modus operandi... if it weren't he case that the Vanguard box is sold out online. And not "temporarily sold out". Just "sold out".

18 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I imagine the loss of Bonesplitta boarboys will open the way for Kruleboyz medium/light cavalry now.

(Definitely not warg) Gnashtoof cav please, I'll also take gator riders since it fits the swamp theme 

• LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I had to go and check they weren't mentioned in the purge article.

Do any of the KO gunships count as artillery?

Imagine playing a game with Dawnbringers V siege rules (matched play) and find out that your cannons are not artillery pieces (artillery has special bonus for siege). Doesn't matter how many times you point out that they have the WAR MACHINE keywor or show the model with a Great Sky Cannon (btw, since 2017). They are clearly handgund with a weird profile.

Meanwhile, we use our ships as Monsters for battalions purpose LOL

Edited by Beliman
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Garrac said:

That would be the regular GW modus operandi... if it weren't he case that the Vanguard box is sold out online. And not "temporarily sold out". Just "sold out".

Sure but its also not GWs modus operandi to react fast to such changes. Many Vanguard sets have characters in them that aren't availably outside of it so if you discontinue any of them now the character wouldn't be available temporarily. And with how long it took to get the Adeptus Titanicus titans back after being "temporarily" removed from sale for the Legions Imperialis reboxing I wouldn't be surprised if it took 1-2 months for the Grey seer to come back as a solo release even in the case that he doesn't get replaced by a new model in the launch set

Edited by Matrindur

Ok, so, trying to guess the rat side of the starter box, correct me anyone if I'm wrong. The box will have:

-Clawlord on rat beast with halberd and machinegun

-Grey seer on foot

-40 clanrats (with 2 command groups), box ala termagant like

-3 Jezzails

-2 Rat Ogres

-Machinegun artillery thing

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Sure but its also not GWs modus operandi to react fast to such changes. Many Vanguard sets have characters in them that aren't availably outside of it so if you discontinue any of them now the character wouldn't be available temporarily. And with how long it took to get the Adeptus Titanicus titans back after being "temporarily" removed from sale for the Legions Imperialis reboxing I wouldn't be surprised if it took 1-2 months for the Grey seer to come back as a solo release even in the case that he doesn't get replaced by a new model in the launch set

yonkotards-cope-will-never-die-v0-174eqhlkq3kb1.webp.9b7d56ce77b0bf40d2d48ba94a38262f.webp

10 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Kharadron pilot performing a monstrous rampage (crashing the ship)

They tried, but our Monsters are clearly not MONSTER, so we had to spend a Command Point:

ShipsRampage.jpg.d5816b7c1ad7b605e9eef7719cd34517.jpg

Btw, I already told you on 8th we should get a skaven reveal  but now GW has confirmed it:

skaven-reveals-coming-onmonday-v0-bvyhu3jq1tsc1.webp.a1df73efa25b3d2c25cca5f2e6f57ef5.webp

(Americans, please, refrain from quoting)

So, I'd say this monday we should have new clanrats, or the clawlord. Either way, those are my 2 bets for this month. Then, next skaven reveal should be on april 22th.

Edited by Garrac
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DD-Lord said:

With Bonesplitterz going I'm even more in favour of Ironjawz and Kruleboyz getting their own battletomes. I'd make Kruleboyz a proper sneaky ambusher faction now that Beasts of Chaos are being squatted, and expand them with some light cav and Gnashtoof hunting packs for example.

I think GW has struggled to balance Ironjawz, Kruleboyz and Big Waaagh in 3rd edition so I'd rather see them try to balance both Orruk factions individually and give them both more flavour without having to worry about the impact on Big Waaagh any more. I still think the model designs clash visually on the tabletop too.

I wouldn't be surprised though if GW integrates them further in a new Orruk Warclans battletome.

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

With Bonesplitterz going I'm even more in favour of Ironjawz and Kruleboyz getting their own battletomes. I'd make Kruleboyz a proper sneaky ambusher faction now that Beasts of Chaos are being squatted, and expand them with some Gnashtoof light cav for example.

I think GW has struggled to balance Ironjawz, Kruleboyz and Big Waaagh in 3rd edition so I'd rather see them try to balance both Orruk factions individually and give them both more flavour without having to worry about the impact on Big Waaagh any more. I still think the model designs clash visually on the tabletop too.

I wouldn't be surprised though if GW integrates them further in a new Orruk Warclans battletome.

With the new regiment system, a pure IJ or KB army is gonna become repetitive very soon because you'll always get the same units even if you bring lots of unique heroes. Meanwhile wity Big Waagh, you can get an IJ frontline regiment with a megaboss, ardboyz and brutes, supported by a KB regiment with a gator and boltboyz... Opens up many possibilities.

23 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

With the new regiment system, a pure IJ or KB army is gonna become repetitive very soon because you'll always get the same units even if you bring lots of unique heroes. Meanwhile wity Big Waagh, you can get an IJ frontline regiment with a megaboss, ardboyz and brutes, supported by a KB regiment with a gator and boltboyz... Opens up many possibilities.

This doesn't sound good to me...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

I was clarifying what they normally do so we don't get a deluge of posts from less aware users also claiming the other characters only available in the Vanguard boxes have "disappeared" off the webstore. There's also been plenty of times that stuff has been marked as sold out instead of temporarily when it's just being repackaged too. If you'll note in my post I did clarify that I'm certain both are getting replaced.