The Rumour Thread

Is the Cursed City sprue not going now because you can easily get a copy of the game with that exact sprue in?

edit : doesn’t the cogfort also mean that Steam Tanks will finally go out to the square prairie too to play with the goats? 

Edited by RollSixxess
Cogfort Doomposting

11 minutes ago, RollSixxess said:

Is the Cursed City sprue not going now because you can easily get a copy of the game with that exact sprue in?

edit : doesn’t the cogfort also mean that Steam Tanks will finally go out to the square prairie too to play with the goats? 

Of course it means we would say farewell to the steam tanks.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Karl Frankz, Mages, Luminarc, and Flagellants, 

Wouldn't be surprised if KF just goes completely from the store.

And I guess a second CoS wave with the Cogfort would cover stuff like more mages and a religious fanatics equivalent.

5 hours ago, Garrac said:

Wait, let me get this right. So The Old World doesn't have savage orcs... and now neither does Age of Sigmar? What the hell are going to do savage orc only players now?

old world has savage orcs as upgrades to regular orc units (trade armor for frenzy & war paint).

Oh I forgot. As you may know, Im not very huge into fantasy marines. You know AoS is not a setting that GW has sold me very well. But what GW has just done sucks, and I wouldn't wish for anyone to endure this kind of ****** practices. In these hard moment, my hearth and best wishes go for you guys, and BoC and Savage Orcs fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Ehh I mean it's annoying for SCE players I imagine, buts not really the same compared to what BoC and Savage orcs are dealing with.

SCE are about to get a boatload of new toys.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dindi said:

Wouldn't be surprised if KF just goes completely from the store.

And I guess a second CoS wave with the Cogfort would cover stuff like more mages and a religious fanatics equivalent.

The KF/Character on Griffon model is in the TOW rulebook so I'm doubtful it's going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Dindi said:

SCE are about to get a boatload of new toys.

That they need to buy all over again. Which is not that relevant if you loved your Sarcosanct collection. I have a friend who quit AoS over this.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

The KF/Character on Griffon model is in the TOW rulebook so I'm doubtful it's going anywhere.

Isn't this a contradiction? Or am I missing something? If it is in the TOW rulebook there are even more reasons to think it is going to TOW.

Edited by Ejecutor

9 minutes ago, Dindi said:

Ehh I mean it's annoying for SCE players I imagine, buts not really the same compared to what BoC and Savage orcs are dealing with.

So we must be competing in sadness or what.

Is frustrating for every player affected, that's all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Lucentia said:

When it comes to cross-over stuff from the side games, I can kinda feel the pinch point from GWs perspective, it is neat and cool that you can also use those models in AoS, but it's also unsustainable in a way that (most of the time) their other ranges aren't, keeping every one-off board game model in circulation just cos it has an AoS scroll is going to be impossible sooner or later.  If they had a more robust 'legends' system that would probably be perfect for this type of thing, give the side game stuff bonus warscrolls but clearly label them as something intended for limited use.

Hopefully they can make this a reality with the new modular rules thing they are pushing. They should absolutely separate their "matched play" and "tournament" modes.

1 hour ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Why don't they mention the Cogfort?

My #1 biggest wish list item! Can't wait to see it if it's real.

EDIT: Also, all the leftover Empire stuff in Cities will very likely get a replacement instead of being removed outright, so I'm not too worried about those models. The Hurricanum kit is not even in TOW, I think it's actually treated as an AoS kit. Here's some cool art of it which acts as an illustration of the realm of heavens on ageofsigmar.com:

dbmfDooFJPakMKe8-1440x811.jpg

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Isn't this a contradiction? Or am I missing something? If it is in the TOW rulebook there are even more reasons to think it is going to TOW.

Going from the store implies it disappears completely, not just being repackaged for TOW