The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Also remember : the AoS Beastlord might have had a short lifespan...

But at least it was longer than the 9th edition Guard codex. 

World eaters were even after the guard codex too, that army list needs some work or the faction is really going to suffer through 10th. No access to apostles, foot lords or champions was insane. Bikers, raptors and havocs also should've been included but I can at least understand why they're missing

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Also remember : the AoS Beastlord might have had a short lifespan...

But at least it was longer than the 9th edition Guard codex. 

Double post ignore

Edited by Luperci

I know a lot of people are upset so not sure if mentioned but noticed fb aos team keep putting in the comments 8-4 about skaven take it we'll see some of the new range Monday 8th then.

8 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Ok now im less emotional, lets analyse this a bit more and stick with me here.

I know Bonesplitterz/BoC were rumoured to get squatted so i am not actually that surprised by this move. But i do like that GW announced this over a year in advance and we are still getting a tome, so us casuals can still play the army for at least another 3 years. I have no interest in playing ToW as i simply dont have time for another huge game system. I guess ill just use my savage orruks as regular ardboyz and nobody will actually care that much. 

That said, i do have a few things that strike me as odd and do want to talk about. Ill list them first.

-Removal of only the Scuttleboss.

-New Bonesplitterz lore?

-Oddly specific date for moving into legends a few months into 4th edition.

-Similar article to the CoS update.

-The spider incarnate still missing.

-Season of War Gallet was supposed to be about BoC and Bonesplitterz right?

-Manifestation spell lore.

I might be missing some things here but i think this can mean a few things. First i love that Spiderfang is sticking around for a while. I hope the Scuttleboss gets a glorious new model and i think the spider incarnate could be reused as a new unit for the Spiderfang. 

Could we be looking at a range refresh for Bonesplitterz and BoC 2025? This article really is giving me those CoS vibes when they got their stuff removed. Also when talking about manifestation lore i think about Shamans first. Did the Season of War Gallet get moved into early 4th edition? Just thinking out loud, things surrounding these 2 factions have been weird for a while now.

I am more hopefull for BoC than i am for Bonesplitterz as units like the Wrekkaz are basicly just Bonesplitterz.

Other option is that they all just simply got removed XD.

(Also really think lack of sales is a lack of support in this case, cant even buy most of the range)

Ill continue loving my models and will finish my army, it will be a passion project and not one for gaming purposes. I will focus on GSG as thats the safe bet for AoS.

Thanks for reading to the end. Let me know what u all think about this. I know its a stretch, but i still think these decisions made by GW are weird.

image.jpeg.07a86a19851d60d4674d9ba536482187.jpeg

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Nothing has ever been safe. At what point, in which place has GW ever made a commitment to not cull armies and/or models? Every single release has a lifespan. And boy, both BoC and BS had a good run.

Warcry and Stormcast are a different story, but one that still makes sense. So yes, nothing is safe, and it's probably worth keeping in mind at all times, not just on days like today.

I'm an oldschool player, and you're absolutely right. This sort of behavior has been going on forever. But as someone mentioned, this process has only been getting quicker. Fewer years between cullings.

I just had a thought, what if all these cullings are GW's way of preparing for AoS: Old Realms?

In 10 years a new game system will come out, a spinoff of AoS that allows players to use all their old miniatures that were a part of the first 10 years of AoS, and play them using round bases (in AoS 6.0 they switch to hexagon bases).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A further concern is that even if something like Fyreslayers or ogres are revamped - and fyreslayers really need it - this news shows that large parts of their range may still be outright dropped.

Not revamped (no reason to believe the sacrosanct range or Warcry units will be re-done), not folded into other warscrolls (GW carefully not saying anything about that here), and not even necessarily suitable for proxying (no sign of anything you could easily use the Celestar Ballista or some other units as).

Even if we see, for example, a full fyreslayers overhaul, it might be without the battlesmith or auric hearthguard. Or an ogre revamp where Maneaters or yhetees are entirely dropped and not replaced or proxyable.

10 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

-New Bonesplitterz lore?

Very likely would explain just their end. Maybe they turn nomads and move somewhere else or do something that gets them eradicated?

-Oddly specific date for moving into legends a few months into the 4th edition.

To match the release of the Chorfs, where beats would come back as Chorf slaves?

Do you mean for when there are more minis removed? I think we will see it, yes.

I think both this and the intact dawners buildings that Whitefang Jr mentioned were part of the Gallet box will be released eventually.

I have no clue what factions were supposed to be the focus, but if they were the two factions it makes sense that it was removed in the end. Maybe that was the reason.

Seems to be related to the incarnates, so linked to the spider RE point.

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

More items to be removed:

Cursed City pack Radukar + bad guys

Fluxmaster

Scribes

Epidemius

Cursed City gone for good

Scribes and/or Flux are being remade for the Tzeentch book. Should be one of the first battletomes. Same with Epidemius in the Nurgle release

I really don't see any direct replacement of made-for-AoS kits in the near future, like Fyreslayers. Flesh-Eaters got the new Cryptguard which could have easily been a replacement of the basic ghouls, but now the two co-exist. Like literally every other range except Stormcast, their range isn't bloated beyond belief.

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

To match the release of the Chorfs, where beats would come back as Chorf slaves?

I think axing the brand-new "Hashut human chaff" and the entire beasts of chaos range just to include "some beasts" clogging up the plastic Chorf release is both the worst case scenario and just as likely as anything else.

Someone at GW with sand-for-brains thought "both settings should only have three main chaos factions! that way they each get saddled with one of the historically less popular ones!" while rapidly dipping chicken nuggets

Edited by Pizzaprez
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Ok now im less emotional, lets analyse this a bit more and stick with me here.

I know Bonesplitterz/BoC were rumoured to get squatted so i am not actually that surprised by this move. But i do like that GW announced this over a year in advance and we are still getting a tome, so us casuals can still play the army for at least another 3 years. I have no interest in playing ToW as i simply dont have time for another huge game system. I guess ill just use my savage orruks as regular ardboyz and nobody will actually care that much. 

That said, i do have a few things that strike me as odd and do want to talk about. Ill list them first.

-Removal of only the Scuttleboss.

-New Bonesplitterz lore?

-Oddly specific date for moving into legends a few months into 4th edition.

I might be missing some things here but i think this can mean a few things. First i love that Spiderfang is sticking around for a while. I hope the Scuttleboss gets a glorious new model and i think the spider incarnate could be reused as a new unit for the Spiderfang. 

Could we be looking at a range refresh for Bonesplitterz and BoC 2025? This article really is giving me those CoS vibes when they got their stuff removed. Also when talking about manifestation lore i think about Shamans first. Did the Season of War Gallet get moved into early 4th edition? Just thinking out loud, things surrounding these 2 factions have been weird for a while now.

I am more hopefull for BoC than i am for Bonesplitterz as units like the Wrekkaz are basicly just Bonesplitterz.

Other option is that they all just simply got removed XD.

(Also really think lack of sales is a lack of support in this case, cant even buy most of the range)

Ill continue loving my models and will finish my army, it will be a passion project and not one for gaming purposes. I will focus on GSG as thats the safe bet for AoS.

Thanks for reading to the end. Let me know what u all think about this. I know its a stretch, but i still think these decisions made by GW are weird.

The Spider Incarnate has supposedly been ditched, as has Gallet I believe. From what I've heard said they're trying to move production away from China, why is why that one, and a few others have fallen by the wayside. There were rumours a few months ago that the existing Incarnate would be going too for that reason.

For Orruks, my assumption is that the long-yerm goal is to have Ironjawz and Kruleboyz as two completely separate factions, and at that point you probably don't want to be supporting three Orruk factions.

It will be interesting to see what the new background included in the PDFs for BoC and Bonesplitterz is. Could we see hints of potential replacements?

4 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

I really don't see any direct replacement of made-for-AoS kits in the near future, like Fyreslayers. Flesh-Eaters got the new Cryptguard which could have easily been a replacement of the basic ghouls, but now the two co-exist. Like literally every other range except Stormcast, their range isn't bloated beyond belief.

I think FEC didn't get their Fantasy minis replaced yet because it was one of the smaller ranges. It would be in another 3 years easily.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I never really understood the Sacrosanct Chamber concept. They guard the Anvil of Apotheosis, but there is only one Anvil so why does every Stormhost have a Sacrosanct Chamber? How many guards does it need?

Look it's a very big anvil in an even bigger palace with lots of corridors to defend.

But seriously, I always figured it's more about them rehabilitating those Stormcast who are reforged, helping them come to terms with the changes to themselves, hence why each Stormhost has its own chamber. They also bring down those that come back wrong

1 minute ago, Magnusaur said:

Yeah, I think if anything goes between now and 5th it'll be with a direct replacement. They know they can't do this too often so this is their big pr blow for this edition.

Just now, Pizzaprez said:

Losing Horns of Hashut

I think axing the brand-new "Hashut human chaff" and the entire beasts of chaos range just to include "some beasts" clogging up the plastic Chorf release is both the worst case scenario and just as likely as anything else.

Someone at GW with sand-for-brains thought "both settings should only have three main chaos factions!" while rappidly dipping chicken nuggets

Chaos has 6 factions without beasts though in aos, 7 with chaos duardin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I have no source, but I would say competitive players are the minority of the sales, but the bigger voice in the social media.

Competitive choices are the first ones to get soldout so I think competitive players are the majority of the sales

Just now, Ragest said:

Competitive choices are the first ones to get soldout so I think competitive players are the majority of the sales

Well, you have to consider the "soft competitive" people; who don't go out trying to win tournaments but buy units they hear are strong so they can win local games. 

6 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Well, you have to consider the "soft competitive" people; who don't go out trying to win tournaments but buy units they hear are strong so they can win local games. 

Still competitive and worried about rules, even to a lesser extent.

Beer and pretzels, painter and narrative players are the minority rn, that's why the focus of the game is more competitive every year.