The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

My thought was more that it would be odd to maintain warscrolls for something like Mollog's (now made available again through update for Underworlds), yet still be missing a warscroll for Grymwatch who were missing from the new FEC book.
It's annoying having on again off again support for them. I would much rather they commit, or just remove them - but I'm thinking it will just end up like it is now where some are supported with warscrolls (Hexbane's, Rippa's, etc.) and some aren't (Grymwatch), especially if the upcoming Skinnerkin get/maintain support in the index.

I feel like removing their warscrolls from AoS or putting them into Legends is the way to go. The spotty availability of the models introduces an undesirable pay-to-win component to AoS if any of them ever turns out too good. Between range rotation and the fact that some warbands like Sons of Velmorn have still not seen individual releases, I think it would be better to just cut these awkward warscrolls from AoS entirely.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

So, who do we think is the next contender for Official™ Dark God™ of The Ruinous Powers™?
Maybe another reason Hashut is up next is to be a kind of mirror to the GHR.

image.png.050ff8ac81c76eed4acbaf1cd871c9c7.png

I like that idea 🤔

Hashut is certain, as we already have Horns of Hashut, and Chorfs are all but guaranteed.

Morghur seems pretty likely. A gavespawn faction to replace BoC if they leave would make sense. 

That would leave only one - Could Vashttor come over from 40k, or does he not really fit?

15 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think they will follow the 40K 10th edition build up and we will see something. With them showing off the game for people to play in May, we should be getting bits of rules over April as well as faction focuses.

Also, I think we would see a decent chunk of the minis before that May first contact.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, I think we would see a decent chunk of the minis before that May first contact.

I hope we do!

Again I'm doing everything in my power to avoid rushing out and buying Skaven models on my lunchbreak but I have also been looking at the Vanguard boxes and wanting to paint up loads of them!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

Hashut is certain, as we already have Horns of Hashut, and Chorfs are all but guaranteed.

Morghur seems pretty likely. A gavespawn faction to replace BoC if they leave would make sense. 

That would leave only one - Could Vashttor come over from 40k, or does he not really fit?

Vashttor and Hashut seem to fill pretty similar roles I think: Artifice, Industry, pushing the boundaries of science etc. On a personal level, I'd like more of a separation of 40k and AoS daemons as it gives both more identity 😄

Having said that, could Bel'akor step up? Archaon is the Big 4 (potentially soon 5) material vessel and have thrown Bel'akor aside in favour of him. He's powerful seemingly off his own back. Or would Bel'akor be a more interesting character not being a god and being his own thing?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Vashttor and Hashut seem to fill pretty similar roles I think: Artifice, Industry, pushing the boundaries of science etc. On a personal level, I'd like more of a separation of 40k and AoS daemons as it gives both more identity 😄

Having said that, could Bel'akor step up? Archaon is the Big 4 (potentially soon 5) material vessel and have thrown Bel'akor aside in favour of him. He's powerful seemingly off his own back. Or would Bel'akor be a more interesting character not being a god and being his own thing?

I like Bel'akor being his own strong independent daemon who don't need no deification! 🤣

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi
  • Like 1

You know, does anybody else think that we're gonna get more Darkoath than what was revealed in the army set + Gunnar Brand?

From what I remember, whenever GW does an army set they don't release all the models that come in that wave. FEC Army Set didn't have Ushoran, the Cardinal or the Executioner.  Kroot Army Set didn't have the Trail Shaper, Lone Spear or the Kroot Hounds. I guess you can say that the Brand's Oathbound and Abraxia are two S2D kits that are probably going to be released at the same time as the army set, but still I think there could be a little more.

One obvious thing that sticks out is there's no Darkoath wizard unit. For a long time they have had various shamans/witches in their side-game units, but never as an actual dedicated character. Theddra Skull-Scryer in the Godsworn Hunt Underworlds warband, Sarakkar Blackwing in the Gnarlspirit Pack Underworlds warband, and the God-Speaker in the Darkoath Savagers Warcry warband.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

You know, does anybody else think that we're gonna get more Darkoath than what was revealed in the army set + Gunnar Brand?

From what I remember, whenever GW does an army set they don't release all the models that come in that wave. FEC Army Set didn't have Ushoran, the Cardinal or the Executioner.  Kroot Army Set didn't have the Trail Shaper, Lone Spear or the Kroot Hounds. I guess you can say that the Brand's Oathbound and Abraxia are two S2D kits that are probably going to be released at the same time as the army set, but still I think there could be a little more.

One obvious thing that sticks out is there's no Darkoath wizard unit. For a long time they have had various shamans/witches in their side-game units, but never as an actual dedicated character. Theddra Skull-Scryer in the Godsworn Hunt Underworlds warband, Sarakkar Blackwing in the Gnarlspirit Pack Underworlds warband, and the God-Speaker in the Darkoath Savagers Warcry warband.

IMO that's all. If we get something else for them would be in a bunch of years.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Would love war mammoths back! But yeah I think it'll be next StD book.

BTW, I wonder what they'll do with thredda and the godsworn. She was the only darkoath unit not named dropped in the preview for the new box.

Recently they've taken to removing older underworlds warbands from the battletomes. Hope that's not going to happen here.

Screenshot_20240327-094202_Samsung Internet.jpg

23 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I'd hoped for some sort of stand alone shaman but I think we would've seen whatever was coming already. We've got 3 monthsish of hyped 4th ed up with the box coming out soon?

It's a real Shame(n) but it definitely leaves space for them to release one later on which could be the model we get when the 4th ed battletome drops. I'm hoping it means they'll keep at least one of the Underworlds or Gunnar's unit in regular stock so people have regular access to a wizard without having to scour eBay 😄

1 minute ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Recently they've taken to removing older underworlds warbands from the battletomes. Hope that's not going to happen here.

Hopefully they don't but I can definitely see it happening. They don't really work as another unit either! Maybe proxying Theddra as a Sorcerer?

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think they will follow the 40K 10th edition build up and we will see something. With them showing off the game for people to play in May, we should be getting bits of rules over April as well as faction focuses.

If we compare to 40k we run into a slight problem. 40k was annoounced on March 23 and went on pre-order on June 3rd. They had 58 articles in 51 weekdays. AoS was announced on March 21st and is rumoured to go on pre-order on June 22nd. That means 67 week days. I doubt we'll get that many more articles than 40k got. The full contents reveal will probably be on May 16th instead of April 29th for 40k so about the same time between box reveal and launch. 

All that means that there will probably be a couple of quietish weeks to start with. 

As for minis GW showed off 6 minis before the full Leviathan reveal. Next Monday is April 1st so I doubt we'll see a mini then unless they want to do some kind of Skaven joke. 

6 new miniatures Mondays from the 8th would take us up to the box reveal week so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw our first mini on April 8th

8 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Hopefully they don't but I can definitely see it happening. They don't really work as another unit either! Maybe proxying Theddra as a Sorcerer?

Proxying them as "proper" units is what I normally do with my Underworlds models anyway due to them more often then not having terrible warscrolls anyway.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

If we compare to 40k we run into a slight problem. 40k was annoounced on March 23 and went on pre-order on June 3rd. They had 58 articles in 51 weekdays. AoS was announced on March 21st and is rumoured to go on pre-order on June 22nd. That means 67 week days. I doubt we'll get that many more articles than 40k got. The full contents reveal will probably be on May 16th instead of April 29th for 40k so about the same time between box reveal and launch. 

All that means that there will probably be a couple of quietish weeks to start with. 

As for minis GW showed off 6 minis before the full Leviathan reveal. Next Monday is April 1st so I doubt we'll see a mini then unless they want to do some kind of Skaven joke. 

6 new miniatures Mondays from the 8th would take us up to the box reveal week so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw our first mini on April 8th

But AoS tends to have more love than 40k in terms of written content, so I expect to have more articles than we had for Leviathan.

17 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Next Monday is April 1st so I doubt we'll see a mini then unless they want to do some kind of Skaven joke. 

I know its incredibly unlikely but a Chorf reveal in the same style as the April Fools Votann reveal would be amazing. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I know its incredibly unlikely but a Chorf reveal in the same style as the April Fools Votann reveal would be amazing. 

That would be a kinda funny reveal, especially given the coverage at the moment. "Big reveal tomorrow for the future of AoS!", everyone thinks it's AoS4 launch stuff.... and it's a random chorf from out of left field.

• LOVE IT! 2

8 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Too soon for chorfs, but wouldn't surprise me if a mini from the big box is shown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

Too soon for chorfs, but wouldn't surprise me if a mini from the big box is shown.

We could always get a teaser and then once 4th starts we get a sneak peak series for chaos dwarfs like we had for CoS

1 hour ago, mawhis117 said:

That would leave only one - Could Vashttor come over from 40k, or does he not rShow Replyeally fit?

If AoS Chaos has the same lore than 40k/Horus Heresy. So we have eight Aetheric Dominions : (source : Ogh Mat-things from Horus Heresy) 

Putrid Corruption : Nurgle
Infernal Tempest : Tzeentch
Rapturous Sensation : Slaanesh
Heedless Slaughter : Khorne

And we have four another dominion between each one of the Four Gods. : 
Malevolent Artifice : technology and warp so Hashut at AoS/WFB (Vashtor at 40k)
Encroaching Ruin : Hunger and Ruin is GHR
Formlesss Distorsion : mutations, gavespawn so we have Morghur here.
Ravenous Dissolution : The chaos which hate himself : So Necoho and Zuvassin (confirmed at AoS lore)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

If AoS Chaos has the same lore than 40k/Horus Heresy. So we have eight Aetheric Dominions : (source : Ogh Mat-things from Horus Heresy) 

Ravenous Dissolution : The chaos which hate himself : So Necoho and Zuvassin (confirmed at AoS lore)

Yeah I was thinking about this 30K stuff earlier when I made the post. I wonder how much the intention is for that to cross over given all the Chaos crossover stuff. They match up pretty perfectly.

• Thanks 1

Dominions from Horus Heresy are just templates that are more or less tied to the 4 Chaos Powers and nature of Chaos itself : the Ravenous Dissolution could be very much be Khorne's since he's already pretty much self-destructive (after all, he doesn't care where come the blood that is spilled, even amongst his own followers). They're not really meant to hint anything about other Chaos Gods, including from the very old lore of Warhammer Battle, and especially not in AoS.

Edited by Sarouan
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

Is malal no longer a thing in warhammer? He fits chaos against chaos

3 minutes ago, Glutos said:

Is malal no longer a thing in warhammer? He fits chaos against chaos

He was a thing in the old Warhammer Battle RPG (and even so, mostly as a side note than anything else...he never played a major role in any of the big official campaigns). He's not for a very long time, now, only in the hearts of players nostalgic of the old lore.

Edited by Sarouan