The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Aeryenn said:

So no faction spell lores? That would be devastating and it would remove an important aspect of diversity across factions. Tell me I'm wrong.

No they clearly state spell lore is part of faction packs 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

This is largely all complete rubbish. I’ve had a look through the core book and I’ll let give you some rules, then I’m gone - flying too close to the sun.

- EVERYTHING is an ability. 

- Morale GONE. Now ‘Control’ stat.

- Weapon range is combat range, everything in 3” fights. That’s it. 

- Magic is choose one spell lore at beginning of game & everyone knows all spells in that spell lore. 

- If you choose to double turn you can’t score a battle tactic.

Bonesplitterz and beasts in the book?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

This is largely all complete rubbish. I’ve had a look through the core book and I’ll let give you some rules, then I’m gone - flying too close to the sun.

- EVERYTHING is an ability. 

- Morale GONE. Now ‘Control’ stat.

- Weapon range is combat range, everything in 3” fights. That’s it. 

- Magic is choose one spell lore at beginning of game & everyone knows all spells in that spell lore. 

- If you choose to double turn you can’t score a battle tactic.

And with that one, last line, my whole excitement gone.

We had a chance, lads. One, glorious chance, to see the wretched abomination of battle tactics expelled. Alas.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, Grungnisson said:

We had a chance, lads. One, glorious chance, to see the wretched abomination of battle tactics expelled. Alas.

I still think Battle Tactics are not necessarily a bad thing. It's the same thing with the 2nd edition Warscroll Battalions, with the faction-specific ones are completely out of whack between factions.

• Like 1

Just now, Snarff said:

I still think Battle Tactics are not necessarily a bad thing. It's the same thing with the 2nd edition Warscroll Battalions, with the faction-specific ones are completely out of whack between factions.

Yeah I wouldnt mind seeing some tweaks to them specifically but choosing one per turn, while I dont love, isnt so bad,

They mentioned tactic cards for spearhead and this made me think secondary objectives from 40k randomly drawn each turn. Anyone else think this is what battle tactics will become? 

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

apart from the balancing problems (fully agree) my issue is also with out they break the flow of the game (the "start of hero phase" phase is the worst moment in the game for me) and impact how you build and think about your army -that is, as a tool to score 5/5 battle tactics first, and only second about fighting a battle.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Battle tactics existing outside of the scenario's victory conditions are indeed an abomination, to me. They needlessly complicate the game and are another thing to keep in mind while you already struggle with your so many army special rules.

If 4th completely throwed them into the bin, I would clap with both hands.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Extremis Chamber is just two kits (Dracoths and Stardrake).

So this could be for Ruination and it's logical for the sake of not having 100 units... 

Btw.... anyone says nothing about the liberators with the Vindictors armor?? Or Vindictors with liberator hammers?? Will Liberators and Vindictors join in one kit with spear/hammer/sword?? I see too new the Vindictors to make this change but who knows... 

12 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

You’re sad because battle tactics are still a thing.

I’m happy because double turn is taking a big warranted nerf.

• Like 4

If Ruination is about veterans being reforged too many times but still managing to keep a hold, it makes sense they're not a great number of different units. Focusing on characters and elite like units should be enough.

Secondary objectives (one, a couple) to achieve in the course of the game? Yes, absolutely.

Battle tactics, chosen for a round, like we have currently? They completely spoil the game for me. So hopefully, at least we'll see some significant tweaks. Or I'll just play yet another edition ignoring them completely, which is fine for your friendly games, but you're forced to play with them in tournaments.

1 minute ago, Aleser said:

This was my last hope for Kurnothi, it seems they wont be coming soon :(

Confirmation of the setting on ghyran and aqshy could mean new stuff for Sylvaneth when they get their new battletome 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

yes, but again using the "pity victory points" approach that they used for balance in 3rd ed (like, giving new easy battle tactics to struggling factions). So you might still get crushed by a double turn*, but hey you'll win on points.

*my problem with the double turn is only that it makes me sit without doing much for 1 hour+ not about the actual impact on the game

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You’re sad because battle tactics are still a thing.

This whole (3rd) edition there were already very few reasons to take the double, unless that would win you the game outright. 80% of the time you're better off going second already. I honestly don't understand, how, this many years into the game, people still think this is such a dealbreaker.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Baz said:

Confirmation of the setting on ghyran and aqshy could mean new stuff for Sylvaneth when they get their new battletome 

I will be happy but not sure if they need more before some other armies

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with secondary objectives, but the battle tactics as they stand in 3rd edition are just not it, they're not particularly engaging or interesting, and have a outsized effect on game outcome/'top armies,' that system wants a ground-up reworking, imo.  Hopefully they're just using the same name for a reimagined system in the new rules...

• Like 1

OK, that was nice.

AoS 4th edition: the trailer is very good; the lack of minis does not bother me - we will see them soon enough. I really love the rules snippets! Indexes are fun and playing with an outdated and patched armybook is not. Unified melee range is good. USR are good, very good - if used wisely. It's not about the space on the warscroll - it's about enforcing a modicum of discipline on the designers; if you want a unit to inflict impact hits, just use the "impact hits" rule instead of reinventing the wheel. A bit disappointed that battle tactics were not scorched to the ground...  Overall I'm positive, 8/10.

Dawnbringers: Abraxia is the best model revealed. Very impressive - and I was never into StD aesthetic. 9/10.

Warcry: I will buy the box for the OBR (Sylavanteh are meh). Not what I expected, but I really like the prowlers and harpies. My main concern is how these models will be incorporated into AoS. All in all 7/10.

Underworlds: FEC 7/10, Zealots... it's a matter of personal taste, but I would not take them even for free.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1