The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Cdance93 said:

I dunno - I find it very hard to believe they would squat an entire army this late into the game. I mean sure, it happened with Chorfs in end of 2nd but I don't think they received any support if I'm not mistaken.

I personally don't see it happening

Agreed. I think GW have probably learnt their lesson from squatting, well, squats. Even if you don't think the army is popular, and you don't know what to do with it, removing it from the game is going to cause you a huge headache for years to come. People born after squats were squatted were taking about them.

What I could see happen is a huge change if direction for BoC, with their old stuff being moved permanently to TOW. But even then I think they need to leave some avenue open for posters to keep using their old models in AoS, or risk backlash. See how High Elf, Wood Elf and Empire units were treated when new CoS were released: there was an article telling you how you could carry on using them as proxies (that sort of thing matters because if you're not playing on a friendly gaming group there's always a chance some dickhead will try to refuse proxies, and having GW endorse then makes that very hard).

So I think whatever direction GW goes with with BoC, they will need to include at least one man sized infantry that you can proxy Gors, Ungors and Bestigors as.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Beasts potentially being rolled into Slaves to Darkness would make that book/index the biggest right?

I love options but that seems a bit silly 😅

Never underestimate the power of the SCE book and its new edition wave.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Never underestimate the power of the SCE book and its new edition wave.

Funnily enough about stormcast,

I’m amazed gw is still trying so hard with them.

there are numerous aos and warhammer fantasy games out there.

when it is a game without the stormy marines, the game is liked by people.

does it have soaven it it, it is considered a great-amazing game.

with the stormy marines in it, its dead on arrival😂

(there are certainly some other aspect in it) but I kinda found this comment of a friend of mine quit funny 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Beasts potentially being rolled into Slaves to Darkness would make that book/index the biggest right?

I love options but that seems a bit silly 😅

Destruction is open to more beasts if Chaos doesnt want theirs anymore. BoC together with Drogrukh into a new Destruction army? Yes, please! Add Dragon Ogors and we are good to go. Thanks GW! #willneverhappen

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Destruction is open to more beasts if Chaos doesnt want theirs anymore. BoC together with Drogrukh into a new Destruction army? Yes, please! Add Dragon Ogors and we are good to go. Thanks GW! #willneverhappen

It would make Kragnos' creation feel like having a purpose finally.

36 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Btw, what about heroes joining units? Anything to say about that?

SG Warhound didn't have any problem leaking no ranges or usrs, so I think we don't have heroes joining units, because that could be the most important change of the edition.

29 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Agreed. I think GW have probably learnt their lesson from squatting, well, squats. Even if you don't think the army is popular, and you don't know what to do with it, removing it from the game is going to cause you a huge headache for years to come. People born after squats were squatted were taking about them.

What I could see happen is a huge change if direction for BoC, with their old stuff being moved permanently to TOW. But even then I think they need to leave some avenue open for posters to keep using their old models in AoS, or risk backlash. See how High Elf, Wood Elf and Empire units were treated when new CoS were released: there was an article telling you how you could carry on using them as proxies (that sort of thing matters because if you're not playing on a friendly gaming group there's always a chance some dickhead will try to refuse proxies, and having GW endorse then makes that very hard).

So I think whatever direction GW goes with with BoC, they will need to include at least one man sized infantry that you can proxy Gors, Ungors and Bestigors as.

Too bad I ran out of reactions because I would’ve put a 🏆 on this one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Too bad I ran out of reactions because I would’ve put a 🏆 on this one.

We should have asked for more daily reactions in the thread about changes for the site this spring 🙃

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We should have asked for more daily reactions in the thread about changes for the site this spring 🙃

Seems like the dawn of 4th edition is making this thread a busy place again. More reactions please!

And keep the rumours going!

Edited by Gitzdee

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I was claiming that the Kurnothi wave was really small and I was almost acussed of being delusional.

Yeah I think a few of us were desperately hoping for a bigger range. I'm interested to see what comes [and if I will like it!]

10 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

My favorite part of Warhammer reveals is seeing the new stuff and going, "I am SO starting this army," and then I do the exact opposite of that. Many such cases

Yeah me too, although this time is a little different as there is a good chance there will be new models for armies I already collect. So optimistic I'll see something for my armies, slightly nervous I might not like them !

Looking forward to potentially-

ToW dwarfs- want to see that Lord on shield bearer model and what classics they are bringing back [🤞 for Colin Dixon sculpts]

Votann Hernkyn Rangers- they might show off just the GSC brood brothers but I'm hopeful I'll see new Votann 

Kurnothi Warcry war band - maybe ? Plus there is the question of what that will look like- sylvaneth? Aelves? Centaurs & Fauns? A mix of all of those? Maybe humans? They might come and might not be what I was hoping for but excited to see them.

Looking forward to seeing everything else too- seeing ranges and the setting evolve is part of the fun!

22 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Funnily enough about stormcast,

I’m amazed gw is still trying so hard with them.

there are numerous aos and warhammer fantasy games out there.

when it is a game without the stormy marines, the game is liked by people.

does it have soaven it it, it is considered a great-amazing game.

with the stormy marines in it, its dead on arrival😂

(there are certainly some other aspect in it) but I kinda found this comment of a friend of mine quit funny 

A lot of people like SCE, I feel like the haters are a very vocal minority, especially post 3rd ed where they redesigned the general aesthetic

• Like 5

Im not sure theres any more much to leak except clearifications on these matters:

-Which weapon teams are getting a refresh

-Is there gonna be a new weapon team?

-Is the leaked sprue a new weapon team, or a Piece of artillery?

-Is the new behemoth the avatar of the Horned Rat?

-Is Queek coming back? What about other spetial characters?

-Is the refresh for gutter runners/plague censers coming vía Warcry? When?

-Are night Runners aka the ninja monkeys still going to be sold in frikin 2024?

-What IS exactly on the starter box?

-Which are the dual kits and which will be forever monopose?

But there is literally no leaker brave enough to respond all of these questions, since they all are very specific things to be known on release day.

Just expect more potatocams and haikus until release.

Edited by Garrac

1 minute ago, Luperci said:

A lot of people like SCE, I feel like the haters are a very vocal minority, especially post 3rd ed where they redesigned the general aesthetic

Oh definitely.

although it is still quit funny if you compare computer or mobile games with stormcast with those warhammer fantasy or  computer or mobile games that don’t have them in.

still I don’t think its the stormcast themself more that the game was probably not what the people wanted

still just the thought is quit funny

I think Chaos Dwarfs are coming soon. Lost Kingdom miniatures received a letter from GW to remove their Magmhorin dwarfs. Especially the Lamussa,Taurus and bul-thaurs. It's a shame 😞, these have been on their store for years and now GW is coming after them.

il_680x540.3117571200_tsdx.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

ah man I'm so excited for tomorow!

I have only dabbled in underworlds and am hoping to make myintroduction into AoS with 4th edition.

All I want is for the box to be cool enough to tempt me (or else for a great spearhead to do so)

do you guys know if there's an introduction pamphlet for the game inside the box, scenarios like in the get started kits?

how did they do it in leviathan, was it starter friendly?

HYPE!

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

SCE, like Space Marines in 40k, are the face of the game and get a significant portion of the release cycle weighted towards them.

Whilst be definition a lot of people like them, i think it's understandable why there's groups of players who don't like them as they have to wait a long time for their chosen faction to get any love. 

3 minutes ago, Luperci said:

This can be said about the entire AoS imo ..people trash talk it all they can, but its just minority

In fact lot of 40K people left to play AoS once 10th edition dropped lmao

• Like 3
  • Confused 1