The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Probably no new Cities stuff for a while

Oh, I think we can safely say they'll be a whole bunch of new models showing up in the Cities.

Just not what the residents might have been hoping for. Squeak 🐭

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Those almost look like pages pulled from the rulebook, like 'test prints' or something, with how thin and bendable those stacks are. Iirc the Indexes for 40k were mostly datasheets, but these seem more than that?

my guess is the Warhammer store campaign booklets

• Like 2

Btw, Im finally going to collect some kroot! Seems like I'll be able to aford it all, and even buy the starter box 2 times with some good old luck.

Still uncertain about how competitive the kroot detach is tho.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I am looking for the source. I don't know if it is something old or new from 4th as a follow up of the leaks, but seems this is the indexes:

EDIT: It seems it is both Agents of the Imperium and indexes, that go out around the same time.

1.jpg.2e989e2096401d88829bb86c706aa3b0.jpg

2.jpg.1a16742f47cb68f86ebef11392e5ca81.jpg

3.jpg.bce1b027cb8e453aeb95a901e26e0275.jpg

I don’t know where this comes from but imagine if it’s from Lenton itself… this is what I would call a “major bruh moment” for GW.

Thanks to the random person for the potato cam pics though. Imagine being an enployee and AoS player and you see this… temptation must be so high…

3 minutes ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Anyone think it could be a new Hachette Works Mag to line up with the new Edition release? With maybe "unique" hero for both sides on release?

Wasn't their first mag before stormbringer for aos called mortal realms?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don’t know where this comes from but imagine if it’s from Lenton itself… this is what I would call a “major bruh moment” for GW.

Thanks to the random person for the potato cam pics though. Imagine being an enployee and AoS player and you see this… temptation must be so high…

Im surprised Seb Perbet of Jes Goodwin themselves haven't potatocammed any rats as of yet, they love skavens and GW can't fire them, lol

56 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That’s an interesting ability. Zondara can have multiple artefacts of power. I’m pretty sure that’s a first in the game. 

She can have as many as she wants... but according to the core rules they can't be used :P

14 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

@Garrac another pic of Skaven in here too! Eshin meditating?

image.jpeg.3b0f866b7b3f6238495bdd22229e2209.jpeg

That is leader from skaven warband from Nethermaze. They use fighters from released warbands on cards. Not sure why he is meditating😂

• Like 1

Just now, Garrac said:

Btw, Im finally going to collect some kroot! Seems like I'll be able to aford it all, and even buy the starter box 2 times with some good old luck.

Still uncertain about how competitive the kroot detach is tho.

I will also be trying to pick up two boxes tonight so good luck o7

As for the kroot detach I think you will still need to run at least some Tau to handle the tanks and other big things, but they do have some play.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Anyone think it could be a new Hachette Works Mag to line up with the new Edition release? With maybe "unique" hero for both sides on release?

Nah. It is almost impossible. Hachette magazine takes a year or a year and a half at least since the edition launches. You don't want to sell, as a company, your shiny new models at a budget price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RyantheFett said:

I will also be trying to pick up two boxes tonight so good luck o7

As for the kroot detach I think you will still need to run at least some Tau to handle the tanks and other big things, but they do have some play.

The way I see it, they'll work like Endless Swarm, a horde army that has the best rules on the whole 40k game but the worst datasheets. A gimmick army easy to understimate until you start stacking all the buffs and rules!

And good luck to you too!

Edited by Garrac
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Warscrolls/ Abilities Battletomes etc always over-ride core rules.

Yes if they are contradictory, but these rules don't contradict the core rules about unique units being given artefacts.

"If a rule forces you to give an enhancement to a Unique unit, the unit cannot use it during the battle and it has no effect." 

Nothing in the Unearthed Treasures ability contradicts this statement. She can bear the artefact, but it will have no effect.

Needs an errata!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

One thing that just popped into my mind is that the word Ruination refers to a chamber of SCE yes but also carries a reference to the Skaven magic lore of Ruin.

Yeah! That's why I thought it could be the name of the big box.

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Yes if they are contradictory, but these rules don't contradict the core rules about unique units being given artefacts.

"If a rule forces you to give an enhancement to a Unique unit, the unit cannot use it during the battle and it has no effect." 

Nothing in the Unearthed Treasures ability contradicts this statement. She can bear the artefact, but it will have no effect.

Needs an errata!

I'm gonna push back a bit on this one. The actual rule in question is 27.3.1 - this is a note in the sidebar. The ability contradicts the actual rule "enhancements cannot be given to unique units"