The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It doesn't matter in which grand alliance the Silent People is. We know chorfs are coming, and presumably we would have Malerion after that. So if they are coming, we won't see them until at least... 2032? A lot of things can change until that.

Dont we have more info about Silent People at the moment than Malerion?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont we have more info about Silent People at the moment than Malerion?

No way. We know many things about Malerion. I think we even have a rough idea of how he looks as well. Wasn't he kind of fused with his Dragon?

Edited by Ejecutor

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Certainement pas. Nous savons beaucoup de choses sur Malerion. Je pense que nous avons même une idée approximative de son apparence. N'était-il pas en quelque sorte fusionné avec son Dragon ?

Many things is already not enough actually

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

No way. We know many things about Malerion. I think we even have a rough idea of how he looks as well. Wasn't he kind of fused with his Dragon?

Every time someone mentions Malerion, he is delayed three months more.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

33 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There’s a picture of him where he looks like a vaguely draconic shadow being that made people spawn a rumor that he fused with his dragon for some reason, but his dragon died like four seconds into the end times and he looks more demonic (in like a sterotypical way, rather than a Warhammer daemon one) than half-dragon. In all his depictions since then he’s more of an amorphous shadow that whisps around and takes on whatever form he desires it to, though 

I don’t think we know a whole lot about Malerion though, he’s been around in the sense we know he’s a present force in the setting and that he’s an aelf supremacist who’s poking Tyrion’s defences while looking for a way into their realm (because he can’t enter hysh and the twins can’t enter ulgu without the opposite realm energies destroying them), and we know the aelf client states under his rule are called the Ulgurothi Legions, but not really anything else about him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Togetak said:

There’s a picture of him where he looks like a vaguely draconic shadow being that made people spawn a rumor that he fused with his dragon for some reason, but his dragon died like four seconds into the end times and he looks more demonic (in like a sterotypical way, rather than a Warhammer daemon one) than half-dragon. In all his depictions since then he’s more of an amorphous shadow that whisps around and takes on whatever form he desires it to, though 

Malerion is a shapeshifter like Shadow Daemon, he doesn't have a real look and the rumour/theoria about Malekith + Seraphon = Malerion is just stupid (because Malerion is now his real name even in WFB/ToW). 

44 minutes ago, Togetak said:

I don’t think we know a whole lot about Malerion though, he’s been around in the sense we know he’s a present force in the setting and that he’s an aelf supremacist who’s poking Tyrion’s defences while looking for a way into their realm (because he can’t enter hysh and the twins can’t enter ulgu without the opposite realm energies destroying them), and we know the aelf client states under his rule are called the Ulgurothi Legions, but not really anything else about him.

We know he made the magic stormcast sparring arena for sigmar too, that allows them to fight and die without having to be reforged. And that secretly he uses it to observe the fighting tactics of the SCE. Also he currently has a tentative alliance with morathi in ulgu

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Luperci said:

We know he made the magic stormcast sparring arena for sigmar too, that allows them to fight and die without having to be reforged. And that secretly he uses it to observe the fighting tactics of the SCE. Also he currently has a tentative alliance with morathi in ulgu

Yeah. Summing all we know a decent chunk about Malerion and his people. Ulgu was the only realm thar resisted the Chaos invasion as well.

Also that he was part of the magic to create Slannesh chains and plain, right?

It is not focused all together but deffo there's plenty of info here a there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

They are going out of Beastgrave at the same time that Kragnos stomp affected all the Destruction factions.

It was Alarielle’s ritual that awoke Kragnos and possibly the silent people. 

Still, I don’t see them getting an army. More silent observers.

10 minutes ago, Aleser said:

I did not, I just saw Sprues and Brews short review

That’s their interpretation of a vague vision where a Phoenix gets consumed by a dark cloud. I think it’s actually the doom of Phoenicium by Skaven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

All I know is the lines of some Factions blur their Alliances. Darkoath may as well be Destruction as they venerate no members or the Big 4. (6).

I hope that Silent People are slotted into Destruction because they clearly dont worship Chaos and have been described as Sentient, Patient and Violent. Their appearance alone would not allow them in most Free Cities so Order seems off the table.

It comes to Death and Destruction. With cocooning and husks and other Insect related abilites the arguement could be made for Death.

But for me Destruction makes the most sense.

Instead of capturing Souls like the Idoneth they could capture people whole and take them to their Hives to be cocooned in Amberstone, think Xenomorphs from Aliens, drained of their life force within the confines of their sticky prison to feed the Hives Queen who in turn lays more eggs. Eggs which Bonesplittaz steal.

They dont eat to feed themselves the capture to feed their Queen. They dont barter for goods or trade with other races.They care not for ruling the Realms only to make sure the Queen is Protected and the Eggs are kept safe.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

All I know is the lines of some Factions blur their Alliances.

Remove the entire Grand Alliance. It doesn't have any meaning appart from an arbitrary "they can only ally with...", but that can be done with other mechanics.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

All I know is the lines of some Factions blur their Alliances. Darkoath may as well be Destruction as they venerate no members or the Big 4. (6).

I hope that Silent People are slotted into Destruction because they clearly dont worship Chaos and have been described as Sentient, Patient and Violent. Their appearance alone would not allow them in most Free Cities so Order seems off the table.

It comes to Death and Destruction. With cocooning and husks and other Insect related abilites the arguement could be made for Death.

Instead of capturing Souls like the Idoneth they could capture people whole and take them to their Hives to be cocooned in Amberstone, think Xenomorphs from Aliens, drained of their life force within the confines of their sticky prison to feed the Hives Queen who in turn lays more eggs. Eggs which Bonesplittaz steal.

They dont eat to feed themselves the capture to feed their Queen. They dont barter for goods or trade with other races.They care not for ruling the Realms only to make sure the Queen is Protected and the Eggs are kept safe.

At this point GW should just get rid of the grand alliances altogether. Just give factions an ally/coalition chart with appropriate factions.

Silent People doesn't seem to care much about others unless they disturb the nest which seems like the polar opposite of other destruction factions. If anything, those factions seem the most likely to end up in direct conflict with them (the Silent People). Now if Silent People end up going full Tyranid, i.e. it is time to nomnom the world, then that is as destruction as it gets.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dmorley21 said:

That’s their interpretation of a vague vision where a Phoenix gets consumed by a dark cloud. I think it’s actually the doom of Phoenicium by Skaven.

In the brief review of Sprues and Brews it says " There’s an interesting fragment of a vision discussing a Phoenix being consumed by a black sun " 

Not black cloud

Black Sun = Nagash

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think them beinf death would make them too similar to ossiarchs stylistically, destruction is obvious choice, i agree, especially considered that destruction is currently 4(6) factions, only 2 of which arent greenskinz, more and more varied destruction factions its something that we need 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

At this point GW should just get rid of the grand alliances altogether. Just give factions an ally/coalition chart with appropriate factions.

Silent People doesn't seem to care much about others unless they disturb the nest which seems like the polar opposite of other destruction factions. If anything, those factions seem the most likely to end up in direct conflict with them (the Silent People). Now if Silent People end up going full Tyranid, i.e. it is time to nomnom the world, then that is as destruction as it gets.

I do like it if the armies arent contained to their grand alliances. But i think its just easy to explain to new people who walk into a warhammer store. These are the good guys, these are the bad guys, these are undead and these are orks, trolls, giants, etc. And GW always sticks to what sells minis first. I dont expect it to change. 

Thats said, my CoS army is going to be one that is focussed on death/ Lethis. Love the grimdark aspects of the new models.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StormofSigmar said:

In the brief review of Sprues and Brews it says " There’s an interesting fragment of a vision discussing a Phoenix being consumed by a black sun " 

Not black cloud

Black Sun = Nagash

If it is Nagash, then I doubt it’s Phoenicium- It’s probably Nagash going for Round 2 with the Lumineth because there’s no way he’s letting his defeat slide without good reason.  

37 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think this is my main issue where the Mortal Realms need more fleshing out. At the moment we have a weird crossover between the various factions implied in the setting, except it almost never gets fleshed out. I really like bits where Stormcast convince Orruks to work with them against Chaos forces, or where in Dynasty of Monsters where Avengorii work with with on of the Cities to protect it from a Beastmen Horde. I think there needs to be a lot more interaction between the factions beyond them mostly fighting each other.

Give me more about how the Seraphon and Daughters of Khaine fit into the Cities. How the Lumineth and Kharadron negotiate to build new arcane devices. How the Sylvaneth differ within how they let other factions roam their forests.

Then add in an isolated city where an uneasy trading arrangement exists between the people who govern it and the Gloomspite of the nearby mountains. A Fyreslayer lodge that survived against all odds against an Ogor migration due to them finding a way to work with the Nighthaunt. Ironjawz that trade with Ossiarchs once a year, but the bones they Ossiarchs take have to be claimed in ritual combat. Even Chaos factions that work with Death, Destruction and Order ones against mutual enemies in weird strained but tolerated relationships.

And I think the Silent Ones potentially fit into that dynamic fine with at least Order, Death and Destruction. Like there are cultures in the real world who have incorporated the migrations of army ants into where they build their homes so that when the swarm passes through they move out for a few days, and the swarm eats all of the pests in their homes as it moves through the village. A City of Sigmar that allows the Silent Ones almost free reign over the surrounding wilderness and their sewer systems a few times a year to help them root out any Cults, Skaven or Grots etc lurking in that area would be thematically appropriate. And that's before you get into the idea of the Silent Ones being more sapient than some of us are assuming they are.

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

If it is Nagash, then I doubt it’s Phoenicium- It’s probably Nagash going for Round 2 with the Lumineth because there’s no way he’s letting his defeat slide without good reason.  

Well if Nagash is getting back in the fight I hope he won't be plot armoured back into oblivion, but if he is fighting order he probably will be  😂

31 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

I think them beinf death would make them too similar to ossiarchs stylistically, destruction is obvious choice, i agree, especially considered that destruction is currently 4(6) factions, only 2 of which arent greenskinz, more and more varied destruction factions its something that we need 

Same could be said for order as you have human, aelf, duardin, Dino and that's about it. 

Also just because it's "greenskinz" doesn't mean it's all the same here. There's more to it than that. 

Btw, valrak has stated on his latest video that Blood Angels are dropping this summer, and after that, new plastic kriegs. No word on Agents of the Imperium, so I'd asume it'll be Agents>Blood Angels>Kriegs, since agents don't need a lot of new kits.

Also, kroots for april.