The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The Ambull could be easily part of the Silent People:

image.png.9807aeb21aaa7884b17f9d0371045b3e.png

I would buy an army that looks like these. But the mention of weaponry is interesting to me. What weapons could an insectoid race be using.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I would buy an army that looks like these. But the mention of weaponry is interesting to me. What weapons could an insectoid race be using.

Hopefully not derpy looking guns made of bugs like the Nids have. I think Nids look amazing, except the derpy gun holders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

They remind me of Nids in some way, as Nids ported to AoS, so wouldn't surprise me if we ended up seeing them inn the game. And the weapon approach could be the same used for 40k, living weapons.

1 minute ago, Jetlife said:

The lore does mention Men and beasts in the same sentence... 

Could this be what they are turned into....

I would doubt that they 'turn into' the new BoC. Having horns, and mentioning beasts is likely a coincidence. If, however, that GW squatted beasts, then brought in the Silent People, I personally would be very baffled.

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

Sachez que parfois/souvent, ces histoires ne sont que des histoires et non des allusions à de nouveaux modèles à venir.

Cela ne veut pas dire que vous ne devriez pas spéculer de manière extravagante, mais rappelez-vous que c'est juste cela, des spéculations sauvages/des listes de souhaits basées sur des présentations d'histoire.

Trop souvent, je vois des gens déçus ou même en colère parce que leurs petites spéculations sauvages ne se sont pas transformées en modèle/gamme comme si c'était une promesse qui leur avait été faite.

Personnellement, je les aime juste pour la construction du monde qu’ils donnent.

And for the Broken Realms chronicles : To cast a long shadow ?

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

Holy Sigmar!

Silent ones exist and aren't just lore filler for Beastgrave anymore, and the lore says that they are on the move.

Maybe we could see a Warcry warband for them at some point, an unaffiliated destruction warband until they can become a proper army one day.

A Warcry Warband would be an excellent precursor to a Full Faction in 5.0!!

Destruction needs variety. As it stands its literally Greenskinz and Big Ladz. 

Give us the Swarm GW...Give us the Locusts instead of wanting to Devour as the Ogors...they want to Pollinate. They want to turn the Great Cities into Hives. They want to use the carcasses of those slain as incubators.

They walk among us in the husks of our slain dead.

Give me Mimic cranked up to 11!!

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Give us the Swarm GW...Give us the Locusts instead of wanting to Devour as the Ogors...they want to Pollinate. They want to turn the Great Cities into Hives. They want to use the carcasses of those slain as incubators.

Sounds like... men in black.

And yes, Destruction could really use something like this. I would love it if they are less like nids wirh their weird weapons and more like the swarm.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

I'd absolutely love to see Silent People.

However Sylvaneth seem to have been leaning more and more into the insect bugs faction.

I think there's room for multiple bugs, but not sure GW works that way.

37 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm all for Silent People miniatures but still want proper range for Fimir. A post-Chaos-aligned Destruction faction has some unique narrative potential.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Captaniser said:

Holy Sigmar!

Silent ones exist and aren't just lore filler for Beastgrave anymore, and the lore says that they are on the move.

Maybe we could see a Warcry warband for them at some point, an unaffiliated destruction warband until they can become a proper army one day.

Honestly I'd be fine with the Silent Ones just being a Warcry and Underworlds warband to represent one of the smaller weird parts of the setting. Then if they're popular and GW think it has legs and popularity then expand them into a full faction for Destruction.

• Like 5

They are definitely a concept that has to be designed  right in my eyes or it'll be a complete pass for me. 

My fear is that they'll just be too humanoid with a bit of insect sprinkled on top . I'm hoping for something different, something more alien and monstrous. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Garrac said:

Your arguments are very valid, but also, AoS or other game systems should be there because 40k doesn't have that much stuff to tease at Adepticon this year. Acording to Valrak, kriegs are still far off (perhaps for the last Q of this year) while Blood Angels are due for 2025.

This year 40k should have anounced at adepticon just the Imperial Agents for summer, the SoB and GSC HQ, the new Kill Team, and perhaps a kroot centrepiece, I'd say. Already a lot, but nothing that would break any mind.

On the 40k side, there are still the 2 rumoured CSM HQs to be revealed before the mentioned summer factions. Announcing just one of the latter is a safer prediction, and Imperial Agents are seemingly a bigger deal, more like a Warhammer Fest Online one.

2 hours ago, Luperci said:

a6iq45zyl4nc1.jpeg.f62ef081d801472f3de3d416fcde7ff0.jpeg

Is this art of the silent people in the latest white dwarf new? weird they get a mention after such a long period of silence(haha), it's a cool design though

Don't give me hope. I would sell half of my armies for an insectoid faction in AoS.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Luperci said:

maybe the rise of some real traitor dwarfs will put this in a bit more perspective. Also Grungni doesn't seem to have a grudge against the KO for abandoning the old duardin way, I mean it was kinda his fault for leaving them in the age of chaos. Also I'm slightly confused on valaya, is it the same civilisation as the khazalid or are those different?

The traitor dwarfs are the Chorfs. Grungni sees the KO as his children who've grown up. In the story of the Maker through Grombrindal he sees the first airships/skyports take to the skies and he sees hope for the future. He left his children so they could find their own way to thrive without him and the KO did that. 

Would love to see Valaya back and loved the mention of Bugmans...

Thought we where due to get something related to Grombrindal this week to coincide with the 500th White Dwarf? Maybe tomorrow???

Edited by silverstu

8 minutes ago, silverstu said:

The traitor dwarfs are the Chorfs. Grungni sees the KO as his children who've grown up. In the story of the Maker through Grombrindal he sees the first airships/skyports take to the skies and he sees hope for the future. He left his children so they could find their own way to thrive without him and the KO did that. 

Would love to see Valaya back and loved the mention of Bugmans...

Thought we where due to get something related to Grombrindal this week to coincide with the 500th White Dwarf? Maybe tomorrow???

In fact, not all KOs have forgotten Gugni. Maybe they end up taking him back.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Then if they're popular and GW think it has legs and popularity then expand them into a full faction for Destruction.

Oh, they'll definitely have legs. Probably more legs than most residents of the Realms.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I remember clearly that one of previous gw designers (Cavatore iirc?) said that before making ogre kingdoms one of the other "ideas" was a humanoid insectoid army crossed with japanese elements so it's not the first time gw is thinking for the fantasy system a new insectoid race.
TBH i don't like much the silent people skull....doesn't feel very bug-like but more vertebrate.
I want something more bug looking.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1