The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Still imo such a weapons nullifies the entire setting by defacto being more powerful than the gods and even being able to permanently kill Deamons, Gods and just everything.

You are missing the part where it is made by skaven, and for every stormcast killed it will disintigrate a few hundred thousands rats

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

You are missing the part where it is made by skaven, and for every stormcast killed it will disintigrate a few hundred thousands rats

You get to kill a lightning-thing AND your competence? That's the sweetest of skaven victories

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IronVIke said:

For Skaven vs Stormcast - In the Dawnbringers Story: The Mechanisms of Ruin. One of the warlocks creates what could be considered a soul destroying weapon..."When the warpstone core is attuned to a piece of Queelum’s body, an attached warhead will become attuned to Queelum’s soul-scent. Its blast will annihilate his very essence!"

So what if the skaven have created weapons that also destroy a stormcasts soul when killing them. So Sigmars answer to this is pragmatic. Why have soldiers with multiple reforgings left get their soul disintegrated, when you can crack open the ruination chamber and use a bunch of stormcast who are on their last reforging. effective spending of resources will be the reason.

And I think I still maintain that we are headed to chamon for 4th, its the best place to introduce the Chorfs and renew the Skaven, BoC, Ogres, fyreslayers. Everything will be built around war machines, all of which fit these faction updates.

Malareon and Slannesh and ulgu will end up waiting until 5th edition or be part of the transition to 5th

Absolutely agree on that but rumors from  @Whitefang back me upsays that we move/stay to/in Asqhy . 

Edited by cyrus

37 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Still imo such a weapons nullifies the entire setting by defacto being more powerful than the gods and even being able to permanently kill Deamons, Gods and just everything.

Pretty sure we already have soul destruction in the setting. Anyways, it will just make it like real life, where people die when they are killed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

In Game terms that means the gun deals 60 mortal wounds, then roll a dice on a 1 you suffer D3 Mortal Wounds yourself ("Dangerous Tech"). Just being salty here XD

Introducing a widely avaiable Soulkiller Gun (it's Skaven so there'll be masses of that gun in the Setting if it gets a Model) in a Setting that's based on Souls is just the worst (creatively and narratively), but that's just my opinion. To me that's the same level of destructive nonsense as the Holdo maneuver in Star Wars.

Edited by JackStreicher

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

In Game terms that means the gun deals 60 mortal wounds, then roll a dice on a 1 you suffer D3 Mortal Wounds yourself ("Dangerous Tech"). Just being salty here XD

Introducing a widely avaiable Soulkiller Gun (it's Skaven so there'll be masses of that gun in the Setting if it gets a Model) in a Setting that's based on Souls is just the worst (creatively and narratively), but that's just my opinion. To me that's the same level of destructive nonsense as the Holdo maneuver in Star Wars.

Eh, i wouldnt say its much more broken than gnawholes

2 hours ago, Danaork said:

Whitefang have clarified something about Khul ascend ?

No. At this point I believe that we gaslighted each other that it was a real rumour and we'll get Lady of Ruin + some Nurgle character from Rumour Engines at most.

Khorgos Who.png

Edited by Sarges
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Whitefang insinuated that GA: Death would get involved as protagonists as well, so I am thinking that Skaven might figure out how to destroy [...]

Let me stop you there. Clearly, what Nagash was doing, while everyone was looking elsewhere, was to build a pyramid.

Just now, Grungnisson said:

Let me stop you there. Clearly, what Nagash was doing, while everyone was looking elsewhere, was to build a pyramid.

If I had a nickle for every time Skaven destroyed my black pyramid doomsday weapon, I would have two nickles. Which is not a lot but it is weird that it happened twice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

17 minutes ago, Sarges said:

No. At this point I believe that we gaslighted each other that it was a real rumour and we'll get Lady of Ruin + some Nurgle character from Rumour Engines at most.

Khorgos Who.png

What if the real Khorgus were the Khul we killed along the way?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Whitefang insinuated that GA: Death would get involved as protagonists as well, so I am thinking that Skaven might figure out how to destroy or otherwise mess with souls. Obviously, that scares Sigmar, since it might stop Stormcast from reforging. But Nagash would also hate it, since he views all souls as being rightfully his. That would explain the team-up.

IIRC the line was vague enough that it could have something to do with the new Stormcast being death themed based on the rumors of Ruination Chamber and the direction of the Dawnbringers stories.

• Like 1

Just now, dmorley21 said:

IIRC the line was vague enough that it could have something to do with the new Stormcast being death themed based on the rumors of Ruination Chamber and the direction of the Dawnbringers stories.

Sure, could be. On the other hand, the Skaven-Nagash grudge runs deep. If anyone could make Nagash and Sigmar team up again, it would probably be those damn rats messing with his stuff again.

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Sure, could be. On the other hand, the Skaven-Nagash grudge runs deep. If anyone could make Nagash and Sigmar team up again, it would probably be those damn rats messing with his stuff again.

Sigmar and Nagash teaming up again? I don't see it possible at all. mainly because they would have to break that alliance again. It would feel too repetitive.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Sigmar and Nagash teaming up again? I don't see it possible at all. mainly because they would have to break that alliance again. It would feel too repetitive.

Nah, it's like an action movie: "OK Sigmar, I don't like you and you don't like me. But we need to get the old team back together for one last job. And this time, it's personal. 😎"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

They always can play the Grugni card. A new tool that blocks Stormcast reforging? Let's build a new armour.

As darkoath army set seems meant to be revealed at adepticon , do you think GW will have to show something else at adepticon for the AoS reveal ? Or we will have nothing much for AoS at adepticon due to premature darkoath reveal ? 

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

As darkoath army set seems meant to be revealed at adepticon , do you think GW will have to show something else at adepticon for the AoS reveal ? Or we will have nothing much for AoS at adepticon due to premature darkoath reveal ? 

We will have for sure all the Dawnbringers 6 stuff. That is at least:

- 6th Book.
- Lady of Ruin mini.

Maybes?

- Korghos Khul new mini.
- Scyla new mini.

But I bet there are some more hidden bullets.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Freemeta said:

so no new "end of edition army " this time?

Chorfs mid-way 4th would be our "end of ed army". At some point we won't have new armies every ed or two.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Definitely.

and from the looks of it

even a real dwarf axe that gotrek would be proud of.

(non of this flying dwarf nonsense)

still I do wonder if this is something that will be aos specific or if the runor engines now also hint towards old world models

• Like 2