The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

There's only 2 factions out of the 12 annouced that remain, 1 now that StD has been revealed to be part of the narrative. It's either Khorne or Tzeentch, but not both. And since Khul appears in the narrative beyond the short stories...  I sadly don't see it for bird man. (I too would have liked a Tzeentch hero).

If there was one more faction it would've been awesome because it meant13 factions would have been part of the narrative - 13 is the number of the Horned Rat = Skaven totally confirmed for 4th yes-yes ! (Wdym there's been a leak of that too ?)

Why have i never thought about it like that. Ofc at least 12 armies meant that Skaven would be the 13th. Makes so much sense.

Edit: or a missed opportunity XD.

Edited by Gitzdee

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

The gnome thing was also on the same day that we saw the goose and the event was announced. I'd have to dig back to look for the order of the posts but again it was a reasonably safe guess

I have to disagree about gnomes being a safe guess. We should always be cautious about rumour mongers, of course, but I think Whitefang the Second has earned some credit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jator said:

I have to disagree about gnomes being a safe guess. We should always be cautious about rumour mongers, of course, but I think Whitefang the Second has earned some credit.

It was either Bretonians or Gnomes/ Halflings. It was the two guesses that most of us dropped here for the goose. Some of us even before his post.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It was either Bretonians or Gnomes/ Halflings. It was the two guesses that most of us dropped here for the goose. Some of us even before his post.

Gnomes are awesome, they look really happy and whimsical, but please GW when do we get a High Elf team ?

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Isn't it the only point for him? 

If I remember correctly he didn't mention anything about the leaked Skaven artillery, never mentioned anything about darkoath and all his other predictions are safe bets on what's coming. 

Even the gnomes could have been a guess as they've had recent lore. 

He received already a couple of " like" from Whitefang the original.

Every body was guessing about bretonnian/halflings team but he made a " word game" about genomes=gnomes.

He has definitely some good source ;)

So after watching the video I don't think this is a unit but just a single model. 

IMG_0729.jpeg.1e6a9697042ad2d4b9231d5b1e795b82.jpeg.d871f12a7354eeb786a588abb420003d.jpeg

However it just may be big enough and anatomically close enough to use for a second marshcrawla sloggoth conversion 🤔 to break up monotony. 

It'll get better rules next edition, right?... right?... 😬

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I keep hearing that at LVO GW directly said the rumours of Beasts being squatted was incorrect. I don't know if it was on stream or in person.

Either way, would be pretty cynical even for GW to lie about that just so they can keep selling models before 4th Ed.

Who knows though? 

After seeing these reveals, the Darkoath to me look fantastic. Definitely will grab for some skirmish games for sure (might actually start Warcry). But I do agree with @The Red King. I think this is where the BoC aesthetic is being channelled.

If what you're saying is true, and they aren't canning BoC (I still think they will), then I'd then make the assumption that AoSified units will look more similar to that thing we saw leak than anything else, maybe dialled up a notch to be more...chaotic. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tkt32583 said:

After seeing these reveals, the Darkoath to me look fantastic. Definitely will grab for some skirmish games for sure (might actually start Warcry). But I do agree with @The Red King. I think this is where the BoC aesthetic is being channelled.

If what you're saying is true, and they aren't canning BoC (I still think they will), then I'd then make the assumption that AoSified units will look more similar to that thing we saw leak than anything else, maybe dialled up a notch to be more...chaotic. 

That's a good point. I didn't think about it as a beast, as I was kind of assuming that it was a demon, but wouldn't surprise me if the new BOC aesthetic follows that path.

21 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

So after watching the video I don't think this is a unit but just a single model. 

IMG_0729.jpeg.1e6a9697042ad2d4b9231d5b1e795b82.jpeg.d871f12a7354eeb786a588abb420003d.jpeg

However it just may be big enough and anatomically close enough to use for a second marshcrawla sloggoth conversion 🤔 to break up monotony. 

It'll get better rules next edition, right?... right?... 😬

Looks like a cleric beast minotaur... at this point I'm convinced the design studio plays Fromsoft games.

• LOVE IT! 2

With Darkoath in tow, StD will truly be the 2nd faction of the game in terms of sheer size, just after and even rivalling SCE.

It feels great that after 9 years of AoS, we're able to have armies that rival or exceed the depth of WFB army lists. I can't wait to see what other factions could grow to such sizes. Not all of them will of course, but I feel some likely candidates : LRL, Warclans, Gitz, Skaven, SBGL, maybe Cities and NH.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Looks like a cleric beast minotaur... at this point I'm convinced the design studio plays Fromsoft games.

They’d be fools not to, Fromsoft makes good games. Hell, the book I’m trying to write is primary based on a mixture of Ancient Egypt, Feudal Japan, and Fromsoft+Yugioh’s aesthetic choices.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What about a Tzeentch hero? Based on yesterday's short story. Also, this Darkoath is a nice fit for the Era of the Beast, isn't it?

Wasnt that just the changeling ? ( only glanced over the story.. but you mean the hooded many armed shapeshifter that pretended to be the general/captain/commander right ?)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Wasnt that just the changeling ? ( only glanced over the story.. but you mean the hooded many armed shapeshifter that pretended to be the general/captain/commander right ?)

Not necessarily that particular one, just a hero. Most of the armies that appeared in the shorts had something released, so why not Tzeentch?

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Not necessarily that particular one, just a hero. Most of the armies that appeared in the shorts had something released, so why not Tzeentch?

That was literally just the Changeling though- They’re probably like the Bonereapers where they show up and play a minor role in the narrative but don’t get anything 

35 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, just show in the loot FB group that someone shared here (I think @Gitzdee) that the Rook (and many others) is being sold in Warhammer World!!

image.png.5f82a878773ea44e59a2d8c4e13e32a9.png

image.png.ca8d0b5fedf7af944476b3c8f337fd01.png

I want the rook so bad, dont know if i will go to any event this year so my only options are to ebay or hope someone will get one for me.

3 minutes ago, PinchPainting said:

I want the rook so bad, dont know if i will go to any event this year so my only options are to ebay or hope someone will get one for me.

Yeah, I joined that group so I could ask for someone to get them for me, but I was not expecting it to be there! It was said in its announcement that the first place to get it would be Adepticon. Also, almost everyone in that group is asking for a copy (at least) of him. So would be a pretty requested one.

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

With Darkoath in tow, StD will truly be the 2nd faction of the game in terms of sheer size, just after and even rivalling SCE.

It feels great that after 9 years of AoS, we're able to have armies that rival or exceed the depth of WFB army lists. I can't wait to see what other factions could grow to such sizes. Not all of them will of course, but I feel some likely candidates : LRL, Warclans, Gitz, Skaven, SBGL, maybe Cities and NH.

🤣Lol, Checking my StD battletome and than checking  the WoC armylist in TOW Ravening Hordes. No, it doesn't come even close to depth / customization that the WoC armylist offers and it still needs it's Arcane Journal. My main army for AoS is StD and I am since the release of TOW in an internal fight to repurpose my StD to WoC, simply because of the options I have and that a Chaos Lord is actual a terrifying beast instead of playing hide and seek.

But about the aesthetics and the quality of the AoS mini's you are 100% correct. Absolutly fantastic.

Edited by Tonhel

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, I joined that group so I could ask for someone to get them for me, but I was not expecting it to be there! It was said in its announcement that the first place to get it would be Adepticon. Also, almost everyone in that group is asking for a copy (at least) of him. So would be a pretty requested one.

Yeah i would have gone to the event if i knew. 
Sucks for me . £50 on ebay is just expensive enough i might do it but also expensive enough that i dont want to 

1 minute ago, PinchPainting said:

Yeah i would have gone to the event if i knew. 
Sucks for me . £50 on ebay is just expensive enough i might do it but also expensive enough that i dont want to 

I don't understand why they can't sell those mini's online or make them availabe for Warhammer+ subscribers to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I don't understand why they can't sell those mini's online or make them availabe for Warhammer+ subscribers to. 

I do get the point of event models but it feels like it should be a event exclusive for 1 year then go on the side for a made to order the following or something. Just so we know we can get it at some point 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

🤣Lol, Checking my StD battletome and than checking  the WoC armylist in TOW Ravening Hordes. No, it doesn't come even close to depth / customization that the WoC armylist offers and it still needs it's Arcane Journal.

I ain’t talking about the morbillion magic items, mount options, lores of magic, upgrades, options and special rules you can buy on your units and characters in TOW, but of the army roster and composition. In that StD has all that WoC has to offer, plus the Warcry bands and AoS special characters. Of course the customisation is gonna be less deep, AoS BTs choose to have a more focused set of enhancements compared to the myriad of good (and bad) ones TOW offers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

From those leaks, it looks like the Darkoath are now their own full-fledged faction. (The third in the Slaves to Darkness)

I suppose we should have seen it coming since they already had two hero units. (The Warqueen and the Champion). I am guessing that means we should probably keep an eye out for any future models for the Legion of the First Prince.The gnomes were a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. 

The new Darkoath look phenomenal. 

Also, this whole thing reminded me of a comment of mine from some weeks ago where I remarked that the Darkoath seems to have completely overtaken the "barbarous" Conan-esque aesthetic for themselves. And Whitefang reacted to it. Man, we really should have seen this coming. 

Edited by DD-Lord