The Rumour Thread

Just now, Vaellas said:

I am wondering if these will come as a seperate models release, a Dawnbringers box OR possible a Spearhead box.
Tbh if they really are going to take the Combat patrol route with Spearhead then having them come out as Slaves to Darkness Spearhead would be pretty great.

Imagine something along the lines of the IJ refresh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Stones and fetishes, furs and leather and more simplistic weaponry and contempt for the dark powers they serve? I found where BoC faction identity went. 

I'm happy for people who wanted Darkoath but to see my army get deleted to make room for the same thing but human just to allow for a more relatable antagonist is... not a great feeling.

Nothing has been confirmed so far. I doubt this would be the replacement. Also, as someone said, the warband has been published as S2D. So don't lose your faith.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Stones and fetishes, furs and leather and more simplistic weaponry and contempt for the dark powers they serve? I found where BoC faction identity went. 

I'm happy for people who wanted Darkoath but to see my army get deleted to make room for the same thing but human just to allow for a more relatable antagonist is... not a great feeling.

It is a missed opportunity by GW, I can understand that they eliminate some units and release more monodio units due to copyright.
But removing an entire army... they should have done that when they removed Khemri and Bretonnia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just said that a darkoath book has been rumored from years because they were talking about taking off cultists from the book, not that those new minis are going to a new book.

Sometimes you overreact a lot.

30 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

The contrast is jarring between the Custodes and the ork mek that was revealed. The Kroot have been gorgeous too and a lovely addition to 40k and they style all over that banana hat.

It just seems that the space marines and space marine adjacent factions have fallen victim to their own success a little bit. Too popular so GW knows that the models will sell no matter what.

Space Marines and Custodes can be cool. It's just that this new Custo model looks like a 2016 Stormcast, and we're in 2024. Major L for the 40k studio. I really do hope they don't fumble it as badly when the inevitable Henry Cavill Custodes mini drops.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I keep hearing that at LVO GW directly said the rumours of Beasts being squatted was incorrect. I don't know if it was on stream or in person.

Either way, would be pretty cynical even for GW to lie about that just so they can keep selling models before 4th Ed.

Who knows though? 

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Nothing has been confirmed so far. I doubt this would be the replacement. Also, as someone said, the warband has been published as S2D. So don't lose your faith.

We're going to have chorfs, so goodbye BOC. 8 factions within Chaos are a lot and they will do something with the Aelfs because there cannot be 4 factions if Malerion comes out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Btw. That smith Darkoath looks heavily inspired by the mandalorian smith :D

In order to mask their homage, they‘ve called him Dewey. That way they can say „THIS IS DEWEY“ and nobody can accuse em of stealin, yo. 

image.jpeg.9c7419b5918c982c151621513a21bc1c.jpeg

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

We're going to have chorfs, so goodbye BOC. 8 factions within Chaos are a lot and they will do something with the Aelfs because there cannot be 4 factions if Malerion comes out.

Until something like that happens or gets a Whitefang approval it is just us purely speculating.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

First- 8 is the perfect number for Chaos thematically speaking and it’s not like everything is evenly distributed as is (See S2D having over 50 options while the Fyreslayers haven’t had much love since pre-COVID and have 19 units and the Bonereapers only have 20 units (4 of which aren’t even from AoS) while the Idoneth and Kharadron don’t even have that. Second, Order has 9 already. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, it is curious how the Darkoaths from Hammer and Bolter mirror the new minis, but their counterpart from the CoS (that also appears in the same episode) is using the old imperial style. Just realised that in the Darkoath minis teaser they are representing that battle but now with the new CoS minis.

Just waiting for a Cogfort mini so that we can really recreate that episode on the tabletop!

• LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

GW will react anytime soon to that big leak... right ? Right ? Their radio silence is a bit off putting. Maybe they pretend that if they ignore the leak it'll go away ?

They kinda have already, but I don't think the social media intern knows what has or hasn't been officially revealed...

Screenshot_20240302-170049.png.75ff6bd5e58b47dcda55d30e574b156f.png

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Imagine something along the lines of the IJ refresh.

Honestly that would make me happy as well because then you know it isn't the "Must get box", but models that should always be about.

9 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

GW will react anytime soon to that big leak... right ? Right ? Their radio silence is a bit off putting. Maybe they pretend that if they ignore the leak it'll go away ?

I think this particular one is going to be radio silent, as I am pretty confident this was supposed to be part of the Adepticon announcement. If they show it earlier, Adepticon would be quite empty, and they cannot show more 4th ed stuff as it would mess up the 4th exclusive preview. So it is an odd situation.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

So Dawnbringers 6 will have :

• Darkoath mini army : looks like 5 kits
  • Lady of Ruin
  • Probably demon prince Khul

That's actually quite a way to send off 3rd edition with a bang....

What about a Tzeentch hero? Based on yesterday's short story. Also, this Darkoath is a nice fit for the Era of the Beast, isn't it?

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

My theory: GW works on departments, and weekends are handled by automatic bots. Maybe there's a poor intern managing the social media and that's it.

• Like 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I think this particular one is going to be radio silent, as I am pretty confident this was supposed to be part of the Adepticon announcement. If they show it earlier, Adepticon would be quite empty, and they cannot show more 4th ed stuff as it would mess up the 4th exclusive preview. So it is an odd situation.

I feel a bit bad from them. Yes we get to see upcoming things early but the creatives and all the planning that went into that get done over. 

The models look awesome and I agree the Chieftain on horseback reminds me of the harbinger of decay/mounted CoS marshal. With the Darkoath models that are already available it looks like a really good release.

The Custodes though... not good, awkward and badly proportioned..

But generally GW are making some cracking models time after time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

19 units and the Bonereapers only have 20 units (4 of which aren’t even from AoS)

As an aside, I suspect internally GW thinks of end times units as AoS units. None of them being in TOW is what makes me believe this. They could have put Blightkings or the CoS buff wagons in there, but they chose not to. At the same time, those units are strongly ingrained into AoS world building (Luminarks defeating Nagash, for example).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about a Tzeentch hero? Based on yesterday's short story. Also, this Darkoath is a nice fit for the Era of the Beast, isn't it?

There's only 2 factions out of the 12 annouced that remain, 1 now that StD has been revealed to be part of the narrative. It's either Khorne or Tzeentch, but not both. And since Khul appears in the narrative beyond the short stories...  I sadly don't see it for bird man. (I too would have liked a Tzeentch hero).

If there was one more faction it would've been awesome because it meant13 factions would have been part of the narrative - 13 is the number of the Horned Rat = Skaven totally confirmed for 4th yes-yes ! (Wdym there's been a leak of that too ?)

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

There's only 2 factions out of the 12 annouced that remain, 1 now that StD has been revealed to be part of the narrative. It's either Khorne or Tzeentch, but not both. And since Khul appears in the narrative beyond the short stories...  I sadly don't see it. (I too would have liked a Tzeentch hero).

If there was one more faction it would've been awesome because it meant13 factions would have been part of the narrative - 13 is the number of the Horned Rat = Skaven totally confirmed for 4th yes-yes ! (Wdym there's been a leak of that too ?)

They said at least 12. Not fixed 12, so who knows...

• Like 2