The Rumour Thread

46 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Bretonnians never had their own team I think...

Blood Bowl II had a Bretonnian team, but SG seemed to have gone a similar direction when creating the Imperial Nobility team (weak peasants with Fend for Linemen, Blockers/Bodyguards with Wrestle, Blitzers with Block/Catch).

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'm gonna say that goose is going to be an AOS model ability (and probably trigger a MW roll ;)) for the sake of the bet

Sentry Goose

Think again about it. Who is about to ascend into demon prince? Korghos Khul. What is the colour of armour is he using and his god? Red. Which colour does the goose have in its hat? Red. Soooo? It is clearly the head of Ascended Khul!

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

57 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

Blood Bowl II had a Bretonnian team, but SG seemed to have gone a similar direction when creating the Imperial Nobility team (weak peasants with Fend for Linemen, Blockers/Bodyguards with Wrestle, Blitzers with Block/Catch).

yep, i still have the box somewhere, good old times of cardboard minis :D

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

So, thinking about Skaven.

Are they going to use them as basic faction for the edition, with a scenery that is chinese plastic and lives out of stock?

It is almost certain that the three Start Here boxes would have some sort of scenery, but are they produced in China or will they? I think that's the question.

It would be weird if the minis from that kind of boxes were produced in the UK and the scenery in China. Maybe the ones from that kind of boxes are produced in the UK already. Also, I never found problems finding the Start Here copies neither from 40k nor AoS.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

It is almost certain that the three Start Here boxes would have some sort of scenery, but are they produced in China or will they? I think that's the question.

It would be weird if the minis from that kind of boxes were produced in the UK and the scenery in China. Maybe the ones from that kind of boxes are produced in the UK already. Also, I never found problems finding the Start Here copies neither from 40k nor AoS.

I'm talking about the faction scenery of Skaven. It's a integral part of list building in that faction, so new players should go and find it, and is really really hard to. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I'm talking about the faction scenery of Skaven. It's a integral part of list building in that faction, so new players should go and find it, and is really really hard to. 

Oh. We still don't know what is going to happen with the scenery and the endless spells. They could disappear for the next edition.

I know I have virtually no reliability stonks, and maybe it’s only confirmation of what we already knew, but one of my best friends is in charge of GW ordering for our FLGS, and when they were putting in this week’s order to the GW rep, they said he told them “4e is coming out this summer and you should stock up on certain boxes. There’s stuff that’s going to be sold out soon and in high demand.” And they didn’t give me specifics on which models, but they did say they ended up ordering vanguards for every faction.

If we can interpret that as “what’s in vanguards will be really good” vs “the new edition will have people starting new armies” vs [just sales pitch to get more sales] is anyone’s guess. It may be nothing more than second hand insider confirmation.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Oh. We still don't know what is going to happen with the scenery and the endless spells. They could disappear for the next edition.

That's a lot of models to just flat-out abandon in one fell swoop, isn't it? I can't see it happening, myself. Or maybe I'm just thinking wishfully, cos I've only just finished painting my Fane... 

Edited by Big Kim Woof-Woof

1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

I know I have virtually no reliability stonks, and maybe it’s only confirmation of what we already knew, but one of my best friends is in charge of GW ordering for our FLGS, and when they were putting in this week’s order to the GW rep, they said he told them “4e is coming out this summer and you should stock up on certain boxes. There’s stuff that’s going to be sold out soon and in high demand.” And they didn’t give me specifics on which models, but they did say they ended up ordering vanguards for every faction.

If we can interpret that as “what’s in vanguards will be really good” vs “the new edition will have people starting new armies” vs [just sales pitch to get more sales] is anyone’s guess. It may be nothing more than second hand insider confirmation.

They might be getting rid of the vanguards and only keep the new spearhead boxes around. This creates demand for the vanguard boxes for those who still have them on their wishlist. The reason could be that we are getting a spearhead format starting 4th. Could expect the announcements of more spearhead boxes sooner rather than later if true.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ragest said:

Both the gnawholes and endless spells are readily available in the UK on the GW site and 3rd party sellers right now. 

They are likely to become scarce tho if current trends tell us anything so I would buy sooner rather than later if you want them.

39 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Both the gnawholes and endless spells are readily available in the UK on the GW site and 3rd party sellers right now. 

They are likely to become scarce tho if current trends tell us anything so I would buy sooner rather than later if you want them.

Just paint a green hole in a piece of paper and say it's a gnawhole. I'm sure even most tournament managers are going to let you pull it.

If y'all have some reserves, then just use 3D resin stuff. There are tons of proxies out there.

• Like 3

I hoped for a TOW preview today, but it seems very unlikely. They haven't released all the stuff yet for the first two armies, O&G still needs to be released. So it would make no sense to preview the dwarfs.

So now crossing my fingers for some cool Darkoath previews or the lady of Ruin. Hoping for some amazing mini's!

3 hours ago, Sahrial said:

Maybe not "is very good" but just "the new game mode based in vanguards is coming". It could be a confirmation about the spear head mode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I hoped for a TOW preview today, but it seems very unlikely. They haven't released all the stuff yet for the first two armies, O&G still needs to be released. So it would make no sense to preview the dwarfs.

So now crossing my fingers for some cool Darkoath previews or the lady of Ruin. Hoping for some amazing mini's!

Seems they have restocked some stuff. Is not that bad. Both big boxes are back.

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The Warhammer World Day Posts you mean? I would say in 1-2 hours.

Some would say that waiting for a new wave of skavens for 9 years would have made me more patient, but in fact, it has broken me.

Just now, Garrac said:

Some would say that waiting for a new wave of skavens for 9 years would have made me more patient, but in fact, it has broken me.

No Skavens today. So you should train your patience.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Seems they have restocked some stuff. Is not that bad. Both big boxes are back.

The core boxes have been in and out of stock and couple of times in various places. It's the lack of new resins that is surprising. I would have thought they would have been easier to produce as they would be made with a different machine and wouldn't have to compete for production time with 40k and AoS. Hopefully they've made more resins for the second wave.