The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The WarCom article specifically calls out Kurnothi, meaning this is clearly from Kurnothi as they're trying to do reverse psychology to make us think it's NOT Kurnothi because they said it out loud. You read it here first.

rfXs0RftoRGf6yBD.jpg

I really don't expect Kurnothi anything to have leather straps tied to their antlers, so that's an obvious headfake. Darkoath strikes me as a reasonable guess since we know more of them are coming.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, madmac said:

I really don't expect Kurnothi anything to have leather straps tied to their antlers,

how come? Wood Elves have a good amount of Celtic influence (compared to the other elves at least), and if Kurnothi are AOSified version, then it would make sense for them to have decorative knots hanging from horns and other gear IMHO

5 hours ago, Garrac said:

new whisperverse video from Valrak!

-The ork HQ may be as big as a dreadnought (he hopes it's as big as Ghaz)

-Some more info on the custodes

-No more kroot being showed (he doesnt specify if its his own specualtion or not)

-The order of releases this spring will be: kroot>orks>custodes>CSM

-New flying HQ for sisters of battle, new HQ for GSC (the new unit will come via KT)

-He talks about agents of the imperium and plastic krieg, but nothign new

-Doesn't know when mandrakes vs night lords will come, aparently GW is having serious problem to satisfy the demand for their products

-Definitively the next KT is brood brothers vs pioneers

-Once the Solar Auxilia stuff ends, GW will start pushing Mechanichum (aparently there's more coming?)

-Some more stuff about 30k which I didn't care to follow

-After Orcs & Goblins, dwarfs are next

-AoS section! Emperor's Children aren't coming this summer because the focus will be on the 4th ed and Skaven vs sigmarines

Not a lot of new things on this video, tbh

Has this video just been removed? I saw it on YouTube earlier but had not watched it yet. Now when I check his channel the latest upload wad 11 days ago.

40 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

how come? Wood Elves have a good amount of Celtic influence (compared to the other elves at least), and if Kurnothi are AOSified version, then it would make sense for them to have decorative knots hanging from horns and other gear IMHO

And GW like weird and ornated heads/ helmets lately.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

"Well this one’s easy. There are loads of antlers in Warhammer – this could be a Kurnothi, a Bretonnian Paladin, or a Christmas Squig. Let’s be honest though, it’s none of those. What do you think it could be? Make your bets at our Facebook, X, and Instagram pages. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Haha, read below the image. xD 

Let’s be honest though, it’s none of those.”

I’m going with the Darkoath guesses on this one. Especially if they’re intended tribes to harass both the Ghyran & Aqshy crusades then stuff from both realms that give them a fiery plains Raider look while also foresty tribal stuff would be key.

Though I wonder if it could further afield to new Freeguild units from Hammerhal Ghyra? Certain “wildkin” and a commander we know could be decorating their own horns.

• Like 7

With the Darkoath riders incoming they do decorate their horses with bones and horns and what not. Be interesting if it were similar.

The staff that was shown recently as well could be neat if it was a mounted wizard for Darkoath similar to Sarrakar from the UW warband.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Garrac said:

new whisperverse video from Valrak!

-The ork HQ may be as big as a dreadnought (he hopes it's as big as Ghaz)

-Some more info on the custodes

-No more kroot being showed (he doesnt specify if its his own specualtion or not)

-The order of releases this spring will be: kroot>orks>custodes>CSM

-New flying HQ for sisters of battle, new HQ for GSC (the new unit will come via KT)

-He talks about agents of the imperium and plastic krieg, but nothign new

-Doesn't know when mandrakes vs night lords will come, aparently GW is having serious problem to satisfy the demand for their products

-Definitively the next KT is brood brothers vs pioneers

-Once the Solar Auxilia stuff ends, GW will start pushing Mechanichum (aparently there's more coming?)

-Some more stuff about 30k which I didn't care to follow

-After Orcs & Goblins, dwarfs are next

-AoS section! Emperor's Children aren't coming this summer because the focus will be on the 4th ed and Skaven vs sigmarines

Not a lot of new things on this video, tbh

I know you guys like to spot when whitefang gives a like

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Fingers crossed it's darkoath. The rumoured cavalry could replace the existing unit like for like, but could we also see anything else, like a chariot maybe?

Whitefang confirmed a medium size wave for Darkoaths, so deffo we get something else.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, EntMan said:

It's definitely from a Kin of the Stag warband.

Who in my mind at least could have a similar vibe to Darkoath. Why should Chaos get all the (re)wild(ed) humans?

I’ve been thinking with that little story note we could see blessed/mutated human Ghyranites that Order-mirror Belakor’s warband since that’s fallen Freeguild anyway.

image.jpeg.02c3650ac8a0a002c4a994d50258c164.jpeg
image.jpeg.7fc0112af2abe4f2a852404a43cbf19c.jpeg

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

CoS then? or SIlvaneth?

If they’re pushing away Kurnothi guesses then likely Freeguild of the two.

Could be how we get “greatswords” & monster cavalry back with the Ghyra side having monster mounts(giant beetle cavalry?) and wildkin with beast strength smashing enemies with massive clubs.(could double as a Ghur force just like the current troops double for both Aqshy & Shyish)

16 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

What if its not Kurnothi but just new Wanderers. Did they confirm "Kin of the Stag" to be Kurnothi?

Kin of the Stag are people expelled from the Dawnbringers Crusade for following Belthanos/Kurnoth. I believe that's about all we know about them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

If they’re pushing away Kurnothi guesses then likely Freeguild of the two.

Could be how we get “greatswords” & monster cavalry back with the Ghyra side having monster mounts(giant beetle cavalry?) and wildkin with beast strength smashing enemies with massive clubs.(could double as a Ghur force just like the current troops double for both Aqshy & Shyish)

Why do current troops double for Aqshy and Shyish? Arent they from every realm?

49 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

What if its not Kurnothi but just new Wanderers. Did they confirm "Kin of the Stag" to be Kurnothi?

That was my question. To me Kin of the Stag is a cult that both CoS and Silvaneth worship? But CoS ones that worship it then move into Silvaneth? At least the dawners from the book abandon their crusade, so it seems to be the case. If we had to pick a faction for them I would go Silvaneth.