The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

In all this time I have not seen any product manufactured in China changed to British plastic. It could change, but the antecedents tell us that before they are removed forever or with very reduced stock for very long periods of time.

Just speculating there, but if it involves making new molds for use in their UK factories, I would imagine it is cost prohibitive.

8 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Makes you wonder about Faction Terrain and Endless Spells in new edition.... 

I think GW are committed to those rules for now, but I also wonder when we will see them resolve their manufacturing bottleneck for these items. It's not like it can't be done, but who knows how long it will take.

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Just speculating there, but if it involves making new molds for use in their UK factories, I would imagine it is cost prohibitive.

I think GW are committed to those rules for now, but I also wonder when we will see them resolve their manufacturing bottleneck for these items. It's not like it can't be done, but who knows how long it will take.

Faction Terrain and Endless Spells are not related to the UK factory bottleneck.

24 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

In all this time I have not seen any product manufactured in China changed to British plastic. It could change, but the antecedents tell us that before they are removed forever or with very reduced stock for very long periods of time.

If the spider incarnate was never produced, why not move it to the UK? Maybe not the full book and stuff, but just the incarnate itself.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

If the spider incarnate was never produced, why not move it to the UK? Maybe not the full book and stuff, but just the incarnate itself.

Because China plastic molds and UK plastic molds are not compatible. I don't know with 100% accuracy but the change will requiere an investment that maybe is not affordable

6 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Because China plastic molds and UK plastic molds are not compatible. I don't know with 100% accuracy but the change will requiere an investment that maybe is not affordable

That's why I said never produced. If it would be at a point where no moulds were made... there's a chance.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That's why I said never produced. If it would be at a point where no moulds were made... there's a chance.

Knowing that we have a "rumour engine", and they are always taken when the model is being painted by the Eavy Metal team it is a really small chance.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

There's nothing stopping them getting rid of Faction Terrain and/or Spells and I really wouldn't be surprised if they go if they are difficult to get. They've done it in the past with kits they no longer can or want to support, so there's nothing stopping them doing it now. This is why it's interesting and making me wonder :D 

There's also nothing stopping GW redeveloping the models and releasing them under their own production but then that's where we will see the bottle neck issues :D 

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

There's nothing stopping them getting rid of Faction Terrain and/or Spells and I really wouldn't be surprised if they go if they are difficult to get. They've done it in the past with kits they no longer can or want to support, so there's nothing stopping them doing it now. This is why it's interesting and making me wonder :D 

There's also nothing stopping GW redeveloping the models and releasing them under their own production but then that's where we will see the bottle neck issues :D 

The game would probably be a lot cleaner rules-wise without them. Faction terrain has long been criticized as allegiance abilities you need to pay money for, and it can just become normal terrain for people who already own it. For endless spells, the generic ones have kind of failed, IMO. They have been seeing rules rewrites every GHB and are still nowhere near balanced. But that runs into the possibility of feel-bads for people who recently bought into these models. I think the DoK endless spells are the most recent set? They are still from this edition.

I was kind of thinking that GW might want to keep at least endless spells as part of the game, because in 3rd there are still a lot of rules that interact with them, and I don't know how much GW base their rules writing decisions on manufacturing/logistics concerns (even when a new edition gives them the opportunity to remove problematic elements).

35 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Knowing that we have a "rumour engine", and they are always taken when the model is being painted by the Eavy Metal team it is a really small chance.

Iirc, peachy mentioned on the painting phase that almost all eavy metal paint jobs are done on resin prints before the moulds are made these days? Also great to see the return of mollog's mob, love that set

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I was kind of thinking that GW might want to keep at least endless spells as part of the game, because in 3rd there are still a lot of rules that interact with them, and I don't know how much GW base their rules writing decisions on manufacturing/logistics concerns (even when a new edition gives them the opportunity to remove problematic elements).

They base their rules writing on loads of different things. For example, True Line of Sight is mainly because a lot of players struggled using the line of sight rules in many GW games. I think if the feed back they have been getting is some parts of the rules are clunky or difficult for new players, they will tweak and change things. 

So wheeling back to rumours, I really wouldn't be surprised if the production issues along side players not using faction terrain or endless spells (wherever complicated for players or just difficult to get), it all gets dropped.

I really am gutted that Seasons of War Gallet was cancelled. I love a bit of narrative content and it would really help tide us over instead of having to wait till the end of Edition to get some.

I also really want to see the Spider Incarnate!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I really am gutted that Seasons of War Gallet was cancelled. I love a bit of narrative content and it would really help tide us over instead of having to wait till the end of Edition to get some.

Absolutely loved going through the Thondia campaign battleplans. This is something this game needs more of, and we can only hope they'll plan it better for the fourth edition. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Be interesting to see if the spider incarnate is mentioned in the white dwarf article

47 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Iirc, peachy mentioned on the painting phase that almost all eavy metal paint jobs are done on resin prints before the moulds are made these days? Also great to see the return of mollog's mob, love that set

I think in some previewed models you can see the resin lines.

42 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Never played against Idoneth/Sylvaneth then? ;)

not recently! :D (I didn't forget about them..... honest..... :D )

Okay yes, those guys use it a lot but is it something new or casual players use? This is what GW will look at. 

30 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

not recently! :D (I didn't forget about them..... honest..... :D )

Okay yes, those guys use it a lot but is it something new or casual players use? This is what GW will look at. 

The tomes kinda force u to buy it for Sylvaneth imho. Its like saying one can play with legends warscrolls. You are just missing out on a bunch of synergy the tome has. And playing without will really cripple youself. Its not like the Gloomspite shrine where is just a fun bonus thing on the battlefield. The tome is not build around it. But that being said, i do like how it works for Sylvaneth, makes it unique in a way.

Personally just happy to see anything from the Gallet book pop back up so will be grabbing up these magazines, the pictures totally made me flashback to the Thondia book which had the same way of sketching & marking the flora and fauna.

I’ll take a White Dwarf safari over nothing at all easily. :D 

Hopefully next edition the manufacturer side of things will be more stable so they can pump out the narrative Realms books again.🤞 

C’mon travelers tome to lost Elixia and the wilds of Chamon!

image.jpeg.a0ea3066af643de3d0757085112c763a.jpeg
image.png.c19e26b855aeefe02ba3c6cb9e01fa57.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Personnellement, je suis juste heureux de voir quelque chose du livre Gallet réapparaître, donc je vais récupérer ces magazines, les images m'ont totalement fait revenir en arrière sur le livre Thondia qui avait la même manière de dessiner et de marquer la flore et la faune.

Je ferai facilement un safari White Dwarf pour rien du tout.:D 

Espérons que dans la prochaine édition, le côté fabricant sera plus stable afin qu'ils puissent à nouveau publier les livres narratifs de Realms. 🤞 

Allez, les voyageurs partent vers Elixia perdue et les étendues sauvages de Chamon !

image.jpeg.a0ea3066af643de3d0757085112c763a.jpeg
image.png.c19e26b855aeefe02ba3c6cb9e01fa57.png

where did this come ?

20 minutes ago, Danaork said:

where did this come ?

Hammerhal Herald back when they archived all the posters. Luckily they still do on the official AoS Facebook even though the Warhammer Community took that section down years ago.

Would be fun to see Elixia again, especially with the newest NightHaunt sub-faction hailing from there.

5D140EF2-4F83-4EDE-B7C1-EDAEF113D970.png

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1