The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'd forgotten about that. We got some pretty decent rumours from shipping manifests back in the day. 

Yup. Not a lot from this one apart from the numbers and the second line has a interesting amount "24,737 BOX"

56 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The actual issue is that matched play uses the same ruleset as tournament-play.

imo there should be a seperation. Matched play as fairly balanced but with a less competetive focused playstyle for standard games.

And Tournament play for the best possible balance and skill.

having both combined in matched play makes the tournament side of things influence the way the game is played too much imo

Kind of insane that they added battle packs in the beginning of the edition and then did nothing with them. Because they solve this exact problem.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah it’s fair to say it can go either way.

I just feel it’s not gonna be as big a change because it still feels like we’re riding off the waves Broken Realms caused so we’re still on “tour” around the Realms to see what’s changing(getting refreshed) on the ground level, what hidden gods are coming out of the woodwork and the new narratives picking up the plot lines BR didn’t resolve.

With how lower stakes the current Dawnbringer books are the build-up looks a lot more laid back to me like we’re only entering another chapter in AoS rather than a massive shake-up Malign Portents & Broken Realms were.

Could be wrong but it might be AoS5 with the long awaited Tyrion & Malerion that finally sees that as we don’t have to play catch-up with the older factions by then(hopefully).

I agree mate. I can see 4.0 being a 'Catch Up Edition' small rules changes with big releases.

Updating most of if not all the remaining WHFB Factions.

Ogor Mawtribes. Skaven. Beasts of Chaos.

And giving range refreshes or Wave 2s or even 3s to a lot of the 1.0/2.0 Factions.

Fyreslayers. Idoneth. Kharadron. Ossiarch. Lumineth. Kruelboyz. Stormcast.

And on top of that releasing Chaos Duardin all in a big lead up to 5.0 having the return of Tyrion and Malerions Aelves.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree mate. I can see 4.0 being a 'Catch Up Edition' small rules changes with big releases.

And giving range refreshes or Wave 2s or even 3s to a lot of the 1.0/2.0 Factions.

And on top of that releasing Chaos Duardin all in a big lead up to 5.0 having the return or Tyrion and Malerions Aelves.

In a dream world this will happen.... OR we get you a position at GW as AoS King (it would be president normally but they're a UK company). 

• LOVE IT! 1

I am 99% sure rules, setting and models have only a small correlation, if any at all. So i can see wild changes in one while developing stable in all other areas.

And honestly, being a Beasts player myself, i would not put money on them getting a refresh the next few years. Sadly. 

Skaven and Stormcasts are set, of course. 

And i would assume their non-include in TOW suggest an impending Ogor refresh in AoS. 

Also to note: there has not been any reset in AoS rules. Ever.

From AoS 1 till now we only had small iterations ( like 40k 3rd - 7th) and additions.

If this means a reset is pending or not needed... depends on ones opinion ;)

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Lets get things back to rumours...

Okay, checking details about shipping manifests was all the rage a few years ago but GW cottoned on a got all that info excluded from publicly viewable information (I'm guessing you can read privately).

Anyway, could this be part of the puzzle about 4th edition Age of Sigmar or is it just general shipping stuff?

image.png.1f5507fe792c3da74e5de51607fc64a3.png

image.png.f8375b7551736662b20621d76d825475.png

I'm not an expert and all this says to me is a lot of stuff has been shipped to the US. 

Anyway, rumour away folks! ;) 

Looking at this, I notice 21 pallets of resin figures heading to the US... Haven't been to a GW store since FW and GW sites merged, but is this new? Could be signalling that resin kits may be in stores soon! Last I recall, most anything not-plastic was online only(?)

Being able to pick up a resin kit while im in a GW store would honestly be what got me to make some impulse purchases. Lots of the new and newly-returning fantasy stuff is gorgeous and I'd be hard pressed to pass by the beautiful FW ork battle standard bearer even if I have no gaming use for him rn

4 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

Looking at this, I notice 21 pallets of resin figures heading to the US... Haven't been to a GW store since FW and GW sites merged, but is this new? Could be signalling that resin kits may be in stores soon! Last I recall, most anything not-plastic was online only(?)

Maybe, however if you look at the quantity and weight of the shipping (1423 Box and 4021K) I suspect its more smaller kits along the lines of The Old World or Lord of the Rings. Thats only if you look at the average weight of the items.

Going back to the one I'm excited about, which is 24737 BOX and 7842K, it screams boxed game to me. :D 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Maybe, however if you look at the quantity and weight of the shipping (1423 Box and 4021K) I suspect its more smaller kits along the lines of The Old World or Lord of the Rings. Thats only if you look at the average weight of the items.

Going back to the one I'm excited about, which is 24737 BOX and 7842K, it screams boxed game to me. :D 

I'm guessing it's the old stuff, the bret and tomb king army boxes and all the releases that went with it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I'm guessing it's the old stuff, the bret and tomb king army boxes and all the releases that went with it. 

Possibly but I think it docked at end of 2023/start of 2024 so it wouldn't leave much time to have it go to the US warehouse and then get shipped out. Very possible though as I don't know the lead times on packing and shipping items from the factory. I'd assume for a summer release of a core game, it would be shipped around now to ensure there is enough stock in place but don't know if that's me being too cautious about it.

49 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

That's cool! Actually exactly what I was picturing; I'd be excited to see Old World resin kits pop up in my LGS

Also the concept of a new boxed set is interesting; could be AoS 4! Idk how that weight compares to other starter sets, but it is almost double the weight of the other box which is intriguing: I was thinking it could be a new army box or Warcry expansion, but that additional weight could absolutely "just" be a packed-in book

I heard that heroes could be attached to a unit like in 40K at the V4 . Not sure if it’s true or wishlist . 

personnally I’d like battletome tactic and grand strategy are gone , and we have more choice in core rules and more variety of GS and BT in each GHB . So they can balance easier the factions , and stop the power creep of free tactic or easy GS depending your battletome . 

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

And on top of that releasing Chaos Duardin all in a big lead up to 5.0 having the return or Tyrion and Malerions Aelves.

Honestly Lumineth can go another edition with minimal updates for me, Daughters of Khaine are in much more need of a proper update.

Does anyone remember everything we got for 3rd with the battletomes themselves? Like not including Warcry, Underworlds and Dawnbringers. I think we got:

6 big updates: Stormcast, Orruk Warclans/Kruleboyz, Slaves to Darkness, Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar and Flesh-Eater Courts

3 medium updates: Nighthaunt, Sylvaneth and Gloomspite

15 single character updates: Fyreslayers, Kharadon, Lumineth, Idoneth, Daughters of Khaine, Beasts of Chaos, Maggotkin, Disciple of Tzeentch, Blades of Khorne, Hedonites, Skaven, Ogors, Sons of Behemet, Ossiarchs, and Soulblight

That feels like a reasonable amount of space for expanding existing factions plus adding in Chaos Duardin

13 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Honestly Lumineth can go another edition with minimal updates for me, Daughters of Khaine are in much more need of a proper update.

Does anyone remember everything we got for 3rd with the battletomes themselves? Like not including Warcry, Underworlds and Dawnbringers. I think we got:

6 big updates: Stormcast, Orruk Warclans/Kruleboyz, Slaves to Darkness, Seraphon, Cities of Sigmar and Flesh-Eater Courts

3 medium updates: Nighthaunt, Sylvaneth and Gloomspite

15 single character updates: Fyreslayers, Kharadon, Lumineth, Idoneth, Daughters of Khaine, Beasts of Chaos, Maggotkin, Disciple of Tzeentch, Blades of Khorne, Hedonites, Skaven, Ogors, Sons of Behemet, Ossiarchs, and Soulblight

That feels like a reasonable amount of space for expanding existing factions plus adding in Chaos Duardin

To be fair, DoK (dw5), Nurgle (dw1) and sbg (dw4) have more than single character update xD

If TOW is giving us some clues, I expect Chorfs, Seraphon, Sbg, Delves (maybe umbraneth, maybe dok expansion) and Ogors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pizzaprez said:

Idk how that weight compares to other starter sets, but it is almost double the weight of the other box which is intriguing: I was thinking it could be a new army box or Warcry expansion, but that additional weight could absolutely "just" be a packed-in book

i would expect a launch set like Indomitus and Dominion to be the heaviest for sure. more models than starter sets PLUS the hardback corebook

10 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

If i had to choose i want things to change completely. Move to an alternating activations style game. Get a better core game. Not one full of holes that need fixing every few months just to create more problems. Free warscrolls in the app and more support for Open play and not only Matched play. Create more unit types. Most units feel samey to me. Also really really need better use of keywords to lighten up on all the unnecessary reading i need to do every time i want to play a game. I am not in the luxury to play many games a year.

Edit: i also really would like to move to a bigger dice. If u they want to keep the statline basic and easy to understand that is fine. But use some higher values at least. I would prefer D12.

I think the rules would be fined if they moved the dice rolling to a D10 or D12 system. There isn't enough variability with units core stats

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ragest said:

To be fair, DoK (dw5), Nurgle (dw1) and sbg (dw4) have more than single character update xD

If TOW is giving us some clues, I expect Chorfs, Seraphon, Sbg, Delves (maybe umbraneth, maybe dok expansion) and Ogors.

I was deliberately not including Dawnbringers because that's the end of edition bonus some factions get, and it doesn't have much bearing on the actual main releases that happen throughout the year. And even then, for DoK, Fyreslayers, Nurgle and Soulblight it's still only a second character which is hardly the same as getting a new unit.

One thing I'm excited to see next edition is which random armies/units are deemed fit for an update using Warcry as a vehicle! Lots of weird/new ideas there

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

i would expect a launch set like Indomitus and Dominion to be the heaviest for sure. more models than starter sets PLUS the hardback corebook

Can't say anything i've bought for WH has been heavier! Might have to spring on the AoS4 box if my rat-loving buddy is into the skaven half!

9 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I hope TOW is a clue! Seraphon would be fun to see get some brand new stuff for that's very AoS! All their new kits are so pretty that I had to actively stop myself from buying them.

Soulblight could use new Graveguard, but otherwise they're in a pretty good place rn! I could see Graveguard being a Warcry thing actually! Though Undead in warhammer are pretty open-ended narratively; maybe we get a fishman vampire dynasty to steal Idoneth souls

Delves are in a weird place, because I'd expect Malerion's get to step on their toes a bit like Lumineth, but iirc Delves are not set to be a major player in TOW (at least at launch). 

I feel like the Ogor range has actually aged extremely gracefully, and I didn't really understand some people's desire for new kits for 'em. But those new gorgers were way too cool; go do the whole range now! That, or give them a meaningful narrative beat and have a whole new wave of stuff; though I'm unsure what they're really "missing" at the moment

James Workshop would have to release something objectively terrible model-wise for me to not be hyped for Chaos Duardin... and even if it was horribad ngl I'd probably still dig it. 

2 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Will FEC be update on the app this week or during the next ?

Sorry they're waiting to update the app until after they release the battlescroll (probably actually true) and they can't update the battlescroll because they're implementing the changes from LVO which delayed them from updating it before LVO because... and so on so forth. 

To answer your question. They'll update the app when 4.0 launches (but not until after everybody gets their FAQs)

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

What about a new Warhammer Quest for 40k? That would be another option with high chances for me.

14 hours ago, Beliman said:

It seems that I'm not in the same mood of a lot of people.
Unpopular Opinion: AoS rules are badly designed.

• Most new mechancis are written to fix a problem, but in return, they become a parasitic design for the game that don't solve the main issue.
  • Most of our foot Heroes are tokens for some gameplay purpose with the same 3+/3+ profiles. There is no expectation to play your own character because the game is not designed for that.
  • The diference between a chariot, artillery, ranged units, cavalry, etc.. is just the movement and the damage output/delivery damage. In other words, the roles changed from the nature of the unit to what you want to accomplish on the table (you use a ranged unit because it has better damage than your artillery).
  • A few irrelevant phases (mainly battleshock phase).

1. I agree bandaid rules like reinforcement points, rally, and aos3 coherency didn't seem properly thought out.
2. There are only so many ways to write similar heroes (foot, cav etc) without them looking the same or getting overly complex. They could do stuff like 10 attacks with 1 damage vs 5 at 2, but thats mostly splitting hairs. Making your own character is largely aimed at narrative play now, and I'm not sure I have a problem with that.
3. I don't think this is a problem. Typecasting units by performance (i.e hammer, chaff, anvil, support) is just as viable a method. If anything I prefer this, because it gives more freedom for asymmetrical armies.  There was a bit of an arms race in older editions of wfb/40k whenever a new unit type was introduced as each army would get (or not get) that unit type as well.

4. Battleshock should stay irrelevant, because if it mattered more everybody would hate it. If you want an anecdote ask your local destruction player. Its also not really accounted for in balance at all since its assigned purely for narrative reasons.

12 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The release of TOW has laid open some glaring issues I have with AoS that I couldn't quite put my finger on before.
In general AoS seems to be mostly catered towards the competetive Playerbase, in turn everything has become a token:

- The whole game isn't about cool battles or heroic deeds it's about achieving random objeftives which makes it feel more arcade-like and more forgettable (which isn't a bad thing for "quicker" games, but I don't like it, I am here for the narrative gaming side) (this is also a 40K - in contrast I prefer Boarding actions which break this pattern)

- Mortal wounds: Most skew lists become the way they are because they try to maximize on MWs

- The main focus is sales and sales alone: Characters are generic so they can release almost the identical Character but with a slightly different loadout. Books become invalidated within months. New "Season" rules drop so fast that the edition itself gets warped.

(covering the ones I didn't cover above)
5. Battle tactics suck. Hopefully they get the axe. Put the secondary objective into the battleplan, and vary them. Having a universal secondary system makes games too similar.

6.This is not true. Skew lists are just abusing broken units, MW or not. MW spam has a natural counter in high wound armies and ward saves (squigs, nurgle, bonesplitterz, etc), but its a natural response to the armor stacking meta created by stuff like mystic shield and AoD. I think they've overcosted raw wounds, and undercosted armor saves as a general rule this edition.

7. 6 month seasons were a mistake, and the seasons were generally too impactful on how the game played. 

• Like 3