The Rumour Thread

37 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Another Friday, another Dawnbringer Chronicle; this time catching up with Gavriel Sureheart.

MJg87vbjosfPjPtm.jpg

Cool that GW remembers Gavriel exists, because I sure didn’t. He’s yet another named Hammer of Sigmar that launched in AoS1, so forgive me.

I wonder what that big black tower is. I feel like they’re introducing it now because it’s gonna pop back up in the narrative eventually. It’s for Ionus ? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Cool that GW remembers Gavriel exists, because I sure didn’t. He’s yet another named Hammer of Sigmar that launched in AoS1, so forgive me.

I wonder what that big black tower is. I feel like they’re introducing it now because it’s gonna pop back up in the narrative eventually. It’s for Ionus ? 

I, too, joined AoS to late to experience it, but Gavriel Sureheart was pretty infamous for a while as part of the "Gav Bomb", which involved spamming his warscroll command ability (they were not limited to once per phase at that point) to give Stormcast ridiculous movement and a turn 1 charge.

That tower is super interesting, though, I agree. Especially since apparently Cities and Stormcast are the ones collaborating on it. It being related to Ionus somehow makes the most sense. I can only thing of it being anti-Death somehow, otherwise, with the mention of Lethis. But Death does not seem like a major threat in the current narrative.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I, too, joined AoS to late to experience it, but Gavriel Sureheart was pretty infamous for a while as part of the "Gav Bomb", which involved spamming his warscroll command ability (they were not limited to once per phase at that point) to give Stormcast ridiculous movement and a turn 1 charge.

That tower is super interesting, though, I agree. Especially since apparently Cities and Stormcast are the ones collaborating on it. It being related to Ionus somehow makes the most sense. I can only thing of it being anti-Death somehow, otherwise, with the mention of Lethis. But Death does not seem like a major threat in the current narrative.

Lethis is mentioned because he was from there. If I remember correctly Iounus is an ancient familiar of the Ven Denst.

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If it is an anti-Death weapon, it’s either unbelievably powerful, or designed to kill the FEC, since the Bonereapers, Nighthaunt, and SBGL don’t much linger in Aqshy to the best of my knowledge, at least compared to other realms. Most likely it’s analogous the the Tower of The Damned on Baal where the Stormcast Death Company is kept. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

If it is an anti-Death weapon, it’s either unbelievably powerful, or designed to kill the FEC, since the Bonereapers, Nighthaunt, and SBGL don’t much linger in Aqshy to the best of my knowledge, at least compared to other realms. Most likely it’s analogous the the Tower of The Damned on Baal where the Stormcast Death Company is kept. 

I for one welcome Order being the ones to build a big doomsday weapon for once. Can't wait for Skaven to blow it up eventually. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Could the Tower be where they put the rumoured Last Life Stormcast? Maybe they're in a berzerker rage and need to be kept there until they're released to die one last time?

There was a rumour about something like Dreadnoughts but used for those Stormcast souls that Ionus was seeking, so my bet is that it is related to that. Like their 'forge'. Especially considering that those building the tower are dwarves. Grugni approves.

• Like 3

The stone tower being built from Lethisian rock in a design similair to other Relictor temples, as well as it's construction and purpose being so secretive, does suggest to me that it is someone way related to Ionus' quest to 'solve' the issues with the reforging process. Why he'd build the tower in Aqshy I don't know. Maybe something to do with the leylines that Trugg finds so annoying.

In some ways though you kind of have to hope Ionus fails in his quest because the flaw in reforging is one of the best aspects of Stormcast lore.

While I'm not all that jazzed about resculpts to the 1ed Stormcast stuff, the prospect of Vandus leading some lightning gheists / Stormcast Dreadnaught type guys is super cool.

• Like 4

I know I'm a little late to the Beastmen discussion, but I do recall that when Ogroid Theridons were shown my first thought was "oh cool, new Minotaurs" followed by "wait, StD?" So I've had a paranoia about BoC being reduced and folded into StD for awhile now.

//

As to a "big Beast" that some people mentioned wanting, the 7th edition WHFB Army Book mentioned Ramhorns in a couple places. It was said that Beastmen would attach the skull of a Ramhorn onto the gate of a keep, and when the (rather stupid) Ramhorn noticed it, it would charge and shatter said gate.

There was also a piece of art which may have been intended to represent them, or just been the fancy of the artist:

9g7RVwQ.png

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don’t want to sound too pessimistic…

But futures doesn’t look bright.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Depends for who I guess... 

My guess is Khul will kill Vandus to ascend and Vandus who is probably on his last reforge will come back as a dreadnought or something that looks like the last reforged 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/1/2024 at 12:02 AM, Whitefang back me up said:

Beasts of Chaos are going to become Legends. Very shortly they will not exist in AOS as a supported product as they are integrated fully into Old World. 

Random Lord Of The Rings Hobbit model getting release: Troll with catapult from the Battle Of The Five Armies. 

Whitefang "thanks" react, it is what it is 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

58 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

I think that wold be unlikely, given that they've just made them the poster faction for CoS. They my well be setting up a plotline where someone swoops in to save it

They have in fact even said that someone is on the way to save Hammerhal

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Depends for who I guess... 

My guess is Khul will kill Vandus to ascend and Vandus who is probably on his last reforge will come back as a dreadnought or something that looks like the last reforged 

Mecha-Vandus!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Augusto said:

this one, i think the first one was the whole skaven range + chorfs coming to aos iirc

They don't get that one, we've known that Skaven were getting an update in 4th for months. Until we see what's actually being released for them to compare with their alleged rumour it can't be marked as confirmed. And even then they've been even more vague than Valrak talking about AoS with what they said.

Likewise with the Chorfs, we've had plenty of hints they're coming over the last year anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1