The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

In a feverish haze last night, an idea came to me.

We know Stormcast are going to end up in the starter boxes because they're the poster-starter faction.

However,

What if the LAUNCH BOX had some new Cities unit(s) mixed in? Perhaps a new shrine unit and new flagellants or militia?

If it's Stormcast vs Skaven this could be an opportunity to use the 4e launch box as a combined Order force against Skaven saboteurs. (i'd also prefer not getting net-new Stormcast on top of redone oldies. just give us thunderstruck Warrior and Sacrosanct chambers!)

using new COS cult units alongside redone stormcast would be an extremely fluffy introduction to 4e, opening the gates for COS wave 2, and make the Stormcast refresh land better.

That would be gorgeous, but imo it won't happen. Sadly.

30 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

In a feverish haze last night, an idea came to me.

We know Stormcast are going to end up in the starter boxes because they're the poster-starter faction.

However,

What if the LAUNCH BOX had some new Cities unit(s) mixed in? Perhaps a new shrine unit and new flagellants or militia?

If it's Stormcast vs Skaven this could be an opportunity to use the 4e launch box as a combined Order force against Skaven saboteurs. (i'd also prefer not getting net-new Stormcast on top of redone oldies. just give us thunderstruck Warrior and Sacrosanct chambers!)

using new COS cult units alongside redone stormcast would be an extremely fluffy introduction to 4e, opening the gates for COS wave 2, and make the Stormcast refresh land better.

So this is just me wishcasting, but I'd love a "launch box" separate from a "starter box."  In the past, they've done a launch box with a ton of minis, and then smaller starting sets that include various numbers of models.  I would love to see the launch box as something more geared to existing players (and, hence, maybe SCE are not included), but then the starter boxes would feature SCE and whatever the new or updated faction for the release is.  Maybe SCE and Skaven for the starter box, but the "launch" box features Skaven and 2nd Idoneth Wave.  Or reimagined beastmen.  Or whatever.  

The launch box is a limited item only, so it makes sense that it would be more marketed to existing players than the "starter" sets would be.  But, that isn't how they did it in 40k 10th and I have no reason to believe that's how AoS 4 will go. 

42 minutes ago, MitGas said:

What I'd really prefer however is them not making easy to build SC minis of units for the starter box and then release a stand-alone version a bit later. With SC looking so similar there's really no benefit to that and those resources could be a totally new kit for someone else and literally every single other force needs it more than SCE. But I guess I'm delusional there.

yeah i'd much rather see multipart stormcast to begin with... it's still weird to me that Sequitors are ETB for Soul Wars but then went completely multipart, yet Thunderstrike stuck with ETB :(

18 minutes ago, Ferban said:

The launch box is a limited item only, so it makes sense that it would be more marketed to existing players than the "starter" sets would be.

that's my thought process yeah; why not go a little further out for the Launch Box when the smaller starter sets are specifically for new people.

• Like 1

i dunno, launch boxes of AoS don't sell so crazy fast as the 40k ones. I mean, my shop still has like 3 launch boxes of FEC. It's completely plausible 4th ed lasts for a month if it doesn't update the ninja monkeys.

10 minutes ago, Garrac said:

i dunno, launch boxes of AoS don't sell so crazy fast as the 40k ones. I mean, my shop still has like 3 launch boxes of FEC. It's completely plausible 4th ed lasts for a month if it doesn't update the ninja monkeys.

FEC army set is still available on their main site. But it will be probably sell out the moment the official release is announced as it is cheaper to buy the army set. In the past I only bought the StD and CoS army sets. Mainly because I really wanted the artefact/spell cards.. but I don't remember if they sold out faster or not than the FEC army set.

20 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

FEC army set is still available on their main site. But it will be probably sell out the moment the official release is announced as it is cheaper to buy the army set. In the past I only bought the StD and CoS army sets. Mainly because I really wanted the artefact/spell cards.. but I don't remember if they sold out faster or not than the FEC army set.

The CoS one has been around in the shops I usually check for quite a few. I even saw one (at launch price) recently on the second-hand site I normally sell my leftovers.

6 hours ago, Garrac said:

Nothing aos sell as fast as 40k.  40k and space marines specifically are gws golden egg

I'm curious to hear what others speculate. Where do you think the price point will land for Krethusa. Will she be priced like some of the larger narrative releases (think Belthanos, Ionus, Kroak, etc.) or more like a midsized character (Pontifex Zenestra, Warsong Revenant, Lauka Vai)? Seems like there's not much of a midpoint in between those two groupings.

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I'm curious to hear what others speculate. Where do you think the price point will land for Krethusa. Will she be priced like some of the larger narrative releases (think Belthanos, Ionus, Kroak, etc.) or more like a midsized character (Pontifex Zenestra, Warsong Revenant, Lauka Vai)? Seems like there's not much of a midpoint in between those two groupings.

I'm guessing expensive. She'll have the "cool wings tax" that Gobsprat and Thahlhia have i.e. about £20 more than you expect. Cool wings sell 😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, flying_dutchman said:

Nothing aos sell as fast as 40k.  40k and space marines specifically are gws golden egg

I can asure you, if they do a new ninja rats box all the damn skaven players of the world will make it last less than a Raven Guard box.

Edited by Garrac
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I can asure you, if they do a new ninja rats box all the damn skaven players of the world will make it last less than a Raven Guard box.

To be fair, there are only three Raven Guard players in the world, and they do try their hardest 😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

A bit late, but RE: Savage Orcs topic - they are not 0-1 (that's for Black Orcs as a Core if you have Black Orc Boss), they are an upgrade to a regular Orc Mobz. You can replace the armour with Warpaint and Frenzy rules. They simply stopped existing as separate units, but they are still in the game.

Edited by michu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

No way she's £80 like Ionus, I'd guess no more than £40, maybe £37.50 same as the warsong revenant

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Luperci said:

No way she's £80 like Ionus, I'd guess no more than £40, maybe £37.50 same as the warsong revenant

If she is priced that "low" im buying her as a painting project for sure.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, michu said:

A bit late, but RE: Savage Orcs topic - they are not 0-1 (that's for Black Orcs as a Core if you have Black Orc Boss), they are an upgrade to a regular Orc Mobz. You can replace the armour with Warpaint and Frenzy rules. They simply stopped existing as separate units, but they are still in the game.

They stopped existing as a race : you can not find savage orc name , artwork or picture in the armybook.

In the list of TOW O&G release/packaging are missing :

Spoiler

Orc Bosses
Orc Boyz Mob
Orc Boyz and Arrer Boyz Mob
Orc Boar Boyz Mob
Orc Boar Chariots
Black Orc Boyz Mob
Goblin Mob
Night Goblin Mob
Goblin Wolf Rider Mob 
Ors and gobs command sets
Troll hag
Bonegrinder Giant
Orc Warboss on wyvern
Orc and Goblin Giant
Goblin Bosses
Goblin Wolf Rider Bosses
Goblin Bolt Throwa
Goblin Doom Diver Catapult
Goblin Wolf Chariot
Orc Shaman
Orc Shamans
Orc Big ‘Uns
Orc Big ‘Uns Command
Snotling Swarms
Snotling Pump Wagon
Common Trolls
Classic Ogres

That's why I think Bonesplitterz will stay firmly in AoS  :)

• LOVE IT! 2

6 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Imo she would be around Zenestra's points.

16 minutes ago, cyrus said:

They stopped existing as a race : you can not find savage orc name , artwork or picture in the armybook.

Hide contents

Orc Bosses
Orc Boyz Mob
Orc Boar Boyz Mob
Orc Boar Chariots
Black Orc Boyz Mob
Goblin Mob
Night Goblin Mob
Goblin Wolf Rider Mob 
Troll hag
Bonegrinder Giant
Orc Warboss on wyvern
Orc and Goblin Giant
Goblin Bosses
Goblin Wolf Rider Bosses
Goblin Bolt Throwa
Goblin Wolf Chariot
Orc Shaman
Orc Shamans
Orc Big ‘Uns
Orc Big ‘Uns Command
Snotling Swarms
Snotling Pump Wagon
Common Trolls
Classic Ogres

I think it's one of those situations where the TOW creators have snuck them in without officially allowing them. You can't take Savage Orcs, but you can take Orcs who wear no armor and get Warpaint and Frenzy. If you happen to use Bonesplitterz models to represent those Orcs... well that's between you and Gork and Mork I guess.

It's the same as the base size for the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount: there are two options, one if which makes it much easier to base the new plastic AoS kit. Obviously that's not a Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount fur TOW, it's a Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount fur AoS, but I guess we can't stop you using it as the former 😄

It's actually kinda great, because that Chaos Lord looks amazing, but it's kinda underwhelming in AoS. Now I can use him as (the Chaos) God(s) intended.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Reveal hidden contents

Orc Bosses
Orc Boyz Mob
Orc Boar Boyz Mob
Orc Boar Chariots
Black Orc Boyz Mob
Goblin Mob
Night Goblin Mob
Goblin Wolf Rider Mob 
Troll hag
Bonegrinder Giant
Orc Warboss on wyvern
Orc and Goblin Giant
Goblin Bosses
Goblin Wolf Rider Bosses
Goblin Bolt Throwa
Goblin Wolf Chariot
Orc Shaman
Orc Shamans
Orc Big ‘Uns
Orc Big ‘Uns Command
Snotling Swarms
Snotling Pump Wagon
Common Trolls
Classic Ogres

We have no idea. It also depends what will be in the Arcane Journal for O&G. I also hope that with the initial succes/hype of TOW that they will re-evalute their long term plans with TOW.

• Like 1