The Rumour Thread

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Aww no when was the first time?

It happens sometimes with WarCom article. Also, the recent Loremaster episode on Ushoran & CO. kinda spoiled the whole Dawnbringer book 4 storyline - cf. the thread on that topic here on TGA (the Friday short stories just confirm the lore presented on WH+)...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

It happens sometimes with WarCom article. Also, the recent Loremaster episode on Ushoran & CO. kinda spoiled the whole Dawnbringer book 4 storyline - cf. the thread on that topic here on TGA (the Friday short stories just confirm the lore presented on WH+)...

We still have the other half of the book waiting to be spoiled...

I watched the "Warhammer Age of Sigmar 2024" video again and I believe I have managed to pair several of the silhouettes to reveal minis at LVO. 

LanternManReal.PNG.4970f2f5e46ae127bdcc22d216ce8269.PNGLanternMan2.PNG.265d0e6520aaff51c89dbb57b4e13b30.PNG

2GunManReal.PNG.acd0a9bee68d75ec03159ca8fa04cafe.PNG2GunMan2.PNG.9056897d94044523b72eedea6776d709.PNG

Callis and Toll fits 2 of the silhouettes

LuminethDudeReal.PNG.df1d0e7bb7d891cde9459827b9b18327.PNGLuminethDude2.PNG.710aa36be7baadec748edbdbffcfc7d3.PNG

The new lumineth warband has a member that fits another

Leaving one ghost with a scythe and another which I can't really identify what it could be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, ZarFranz said:

I watched the "Warhammer Age of Sigmar 2024" video again and I believe I have managed to pair several of the silhouettes to reveal minis at LVO. 

LanternManReal.PNG.4970f2f5e46ae127bdcc22d216ce8269.PNGLanternMan2.PNG.265d0e6520aaff51c89dbb57b4e13b30.PNG

2GunManReal.PNG.acd0a9bee68d75ec03159ca8fa04cafe.PNG2GunMan2.PNG.9056897d94044523b72eedea6776d709.PNG

Callis and Toll fits 2 of the silhouettes

LuminethDudeReal.PNG.df1d0e7bb7d891cde9459827b9b18327.PNGLuminethDude2.PNG.710aa36be7baadec748edbdbffcfc7d3.PNG

The new lumineth warband has a member that fits another

Leaving one ghost with a scythe and another which I can't really identify what it could be.

The ghost with the "scythe" is also part of the Nighthaunts we saw during LVO. It is this one, just the images are mirroring each other:

image.png.b6d0f15a03ff5c9ca5b6ca7746dbaaaf.pngimage.png.ff21fb01adc43d89a4cf406f2c8e3f24.png

The other one is part of the upcoming Darkoath refresh. A cavalry unit.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The ghost with the "scythe" is also part of the Nighthaunts we saw during LVO. It is this one, just the images are mirroring each other:

image.png.b6d0f15a03ff5c9ca5b6ca7746dbaaaf.pngimage.png.ff21fb01adc43d89a4cf406f2c8e3f24.png

The other one is part of the upcoming Darkoath refresh. A cavalry unit.

Feel kinda tricked about that one, well done GW. This does mean that only one image is still unrevealed in a video about Age of Sigmar 2024. Feels a bit silly (Edit: a better word) to reveal so many minis from the video already.

Edited by ZarFranz

4 minutes ago, ZarFranz said:

Feel kinda tricked about that one, well done GW. This does mean that only one image is still unrevealed in a video about Age of Sigmar 2024. Feels a bit silly (Edit: a better word) to reveal so many minis from the video already.

That kind of videos get their minis solved at the very start of the year. It is just following the lines of what happened during previous years. IMO we would see that Darkoath rider in April as late.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, EonChao said:

The main issue we have is we don't know how much it has been used by Underworlds, which had two seasons set in the Gnarlwood as well.

We've got both The Great Stinkhorn and Spinecrawler Webs that could tie into Gloomspite. Personally I'd assumed The Great Stinkhorn tied into Grinkrak's Looncourt. That said most of the Warbands we have gotten do line up with something on the map so I'm going to be hoping for a Spiderfang vs Centigor set for the next release

Edit: Maybe the Spider-Incarnate is being saved for that, added to a box instead of terrain as a monstrous creature that warbands can recruit/fight

Counting the last 2 seasons we have seen Gnarlspirit pack, Sons of Velmorn, Grinkrak's Looncourt and Gryselles Arenai 7th season. With 8th we have seen Ephilims Pandaemonium, Domitans Stormcoven, the Headmens Curse, Skabbiks Plaguepack. A few of these can be matched with the maps and we know Underworlds moved on. That leaves some good options for the next Warcry box.

I think the only ones left without a Warcry warband that could likely have one (Sorry SoB players) are:

Chaos: Skaven and Slaanesh

Destruction: Gloomspite Gitz, Bonesplittaz, and Ironjawz.

Death: Ossiarch Bonereapers.

Order: Idoneth Deepkin, Kharadron Overlords, Sylvaneth, and Daughters of Khaine. 

Use this information for what you will. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I think the only ones left without a Warcry warband that could likely have one (Sorry SoB players) are:

Order: Idoneth Deepkin, Kharadron Overlords, Sylvaneth, and Daughters of Khaine. 

DoK already have a warband. They were the first non chaos faction to get one. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Beastmen also are lacking one, and the theme of this season is woods ..

• Like 6

I just read that on an old plastic craig article , I know it’s just a wishlist , but is there any chance they regroup bonesplitterz and spiderfang as a single savage greenskin army ? 

« Aesthetically, Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang fit together like a dream, and there’s honestly no fluff reason why it doesn’t work either. I would personally love to carve them out of their current books and give them a new home together »

IMG_6758.jpeg

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 4

14 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I just read that on an old plastic craig article , I know it’s just a wishlist , but is there any chance they regroup bonesplitterz and spiderfang as a single savage greenskin army ? 

« Aesthetically, Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang fit together like a dream, and there’s honestly no fluff reason why it doesn’t work either. I would personally love to carve them out of their current books and give them a new home together »

This is how i used to play them in whfb. I would LOVE to see this happen ! ! !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

at this point I doubt it, especially under the name savage greenskins. There is definitely potential for a new mixed orruk/grot faction though, kruleboyz kinda dipped their toes in the water with hobgrots and the couple troggs they've got. Spiderfang aren't as likely to disappear as bonesplitterz though I'll grant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

This is how i used to play them in whfb. I would LOVE to see this happen ! ! !

It makes sense. They have the same vibe and would leave the gap to expand each green skin faction properly and get its own identity.

2 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Spiderfang aren't as likely to disappear as bonesplitterz though I'll grant

I was quite surprised with all the rumours about bonesplitterz going away that there was so little emphasis on savage orcs in the old world book.

From what I can gather they are a 0-1 unit in any list.

I would have thought there would have been a bit more prominent as old world is a more historic setting and savage orcs look more primative. 

Perhaps it's GW getting rid of problematic racial connotations in its miniatures. For instance, mongolian goblins, japanese rats, aboriginal orcs etc.

Might be why there are rumours that eshin are getting left out of the skaven range refresh.

• Sad 1